Rant: Feeling Pathetic

Sidewalk Surfboard

2 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

How will that help?

I often view people as computers, with hardware and software.

When the hardware runs normally, the software also runs fairly well. When there's something off with the hardware, that can start to have errors appear in the software. Address the hardware issue, the software issue gets resolved as well.

In this case, there is a non-zero chance your body is low on good nutrition and is dehydrated, which can lead to feelings of tiredness and malaise, often leading the mind into depression or anxiety because the body is tired. Getting fluids and fuel into your system can boost your energy levels, and your mind is no longer being depressed by lack of energy.

That's not saying your mistakes and faults aren't your own. I don't know them. I don't know if this will solve things for you except in the immediate, but I always feel better once I've showered, hydrated, and fed myself. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

How will that help?

Going without eating can make you cranky/grumpy. It can worsen your emotional state. Summercat has a better explanation. 

The past is the past - let it go. I'm not sure what those things are, but feeling pathetic and depressed isn't a feeling that anyone wants to see or hear you go through. Nobody deserves half the shit they have to go through. 

I wish you the best. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I've been feeling really depressed and pathetic since yesterday. I keep feeling like I deserve all the bad shit that's happened to me in the past. I know you guys'll scoff at me, but I don't care, I just wanted to write it out.

I like your shitty shit and your rockafire and although mean people might make you want to rip your tits off I do appreciate you. You are a staple of the forum.

Also please don't burn your school down okay?

I know I sound like your mom.

Sorry. 

• Like 4

I've always tried to be Mr. good guy and do what's right, and I still had a bunch of bad shit happen to me.  Bad shit happens whether you deserve it or not.  You should judge yourself on how you deal with life, not on how life deals with you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Ok, mom :V

Yup that's me.

Always driving people around in my car, making sure they have enough to eat, stuffing them with cake, and being passive aggressively encouraging.

Also I'll take "Ok mom" over "Ok dad" any day of the week. 

Agreed with the diagnosis/self care stuff.

Have you tried to narrow down the cause? When I'm feeling down, there's usually a trail of thought that starts vague but ends with a more specific problem that can be worked on. Even giving it a label can make it feel a lot smaller and more manageable.

2 hours ago, Flake said:

Agreed with the diagnosis/self care stuff.

Have you tried to narrow down the cause? When I'm feeling down, there's usually a trail of thought that starts vague but ends with a more specific problem that can be worked on. Even giving it a label can make it feel a lot smaller and more manageable.

Lack of a jet ski.

Have you ever seen anyone weeping on a jet ski?

No.

Because that is what makes life fun. 

• Like 2