Kaizy

So I just stared SOMA a couple hours ago. I'm really liking the atmosphere and feel of it so far, looks and handles really great. Story is interesting enough to keep me wanting more, and continue through the maps, and it's not relying on shitty jumpscares, which is in good Frictional tastes, so good on them. I wont delve too much into the story or what I've seen yet (not sure who's played it and/or who wants to).

My only complaint currently is when I first started I noticed some of the load times were gradually becoming more lengthy, but I hadn't really cared too much to take note of it. Then I'm guessing it tried to load part of the map during a cutscene or something, and it led to part of the cutscene freezing and one of the sounds not loading, which was pretty noticeable in context of the scene. As I kept progressing, the "loading" became more sporadic, and at one point completely froze the game for a solid 1-2 minutes (I was worried it had crashed) until resuming play. Then afterwards, every 5 seconds or so, there would be lots of stuttering while I was progressing through the map and made it increasingly difficult to navigate through certain areas, until I reached a save point and exited the game. I don't know if it's a common problem or what, but the weird gradually-increasing "lag" was making it hard to play. I'm gonna have to look into that unless someone has a solution.

Anyone else want this game/playing it?

My best friend is currently playing it and uploading it to her youtube. She had some lagging issues, but I haven't heard her complain about it since the first night she played.

She's finding the story really interesting, and she doesn't know I know what happens (because I'm a turkey and can't wait to see the plot actually happening) so her making all her hypothesi and constant questions is making me giggle, because she's on the right path but doesn't know it quite yet.

Have been wanting this game, but probably won't pay more than half price for it. Watched a dev lets play I think a week or so ago, looked ok, but didn't I didn't really feel the same feels I felt with TDD. Maybe that changes as the game goes on, though.

I still have to work my way through the Penumbra series (first one is boring, gah) and force myself to give MFP a try... Should probably not be considering buying SOMA until I finish those.

Have been wanting this game, but probably won't pay more than half price for it. Watched a dev lets play I think a week or so ago, looked ok, but didn't I didn't really feel the same feels I felt with TDD. Maybe that changes as the game goes on, though.

I still have to work my way through the Penumbra series (first one is boring, gah) and force myself to give MFP a try... Should probably not be considering buying SOMA until I finish those.

The Black Plague is great, one of my personal favorite games.