Mafia 3

Anyone super excited for this game? I love the setting this game is taking place in, and the fact that playing as a black character, you come across realistic social issues as you explore the map and also see tension between other races of people at the time. The game looks amazing and the performances from the characters look solid. Also love the fact that it has gang takeovers and you can have certain allies take over different parts of the city.

• 1 month later...

At first I was not interested in this game. Then I saw what they were doing with systemic racism and a black mafia and I was hooked. However after seeing actual gameplay I have to say I'm not terribly interested anymore. It just looks dull, I mean from a gameplay perspective. It's just too by the books maybe.

Game still looks fun to me. I didn't expect anything wild or groundbreaking from Mafia 3. Mafia 2 and Mafia 1 certainly weren't groundbreaking in any way, and people adore those games. The content and gameplay style of the game looks like it's plenty enough to keep me having a good time.

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

Game still looks fun to me. I didn't expect anything wild or groundbreaking from Mafia 3. Mafia 2 certainly wasn't groundbreaking in any way, and people adore that game. The content and gameplay style of the game looks like it's plenty enough to keep me having a good time.

Maybe, I still haven't decided if I'm going to pick it up yet or not. I might pick it up if it goes on sale sometime down the line but not at 60 dollars.

Just now, Cannakitty said:

Maybe, I still haven't decided if I'm going to pick it up yet or not. I might pick it up if it goes on sale sometime down the line but not at 60 dollars.

Oh yeah, I'm not paying $60 for the game. I'm not gonna pay $60 for ANY game.

Imightpiratethatshitthough

Dunno why a game is always categorized as either "Amazing" or "Crap" these days. Why can't a game just be called "Good" or "Fine"? Mafia 3 looks like a well put together game that mostly focuses on the story its trying to tell. Not expecting GTA 5 levels from this. Just a game with a good story and decent gameplay to get me through. Hopefully I can pick it up soon and go into it as fresh as possible

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Nah you just spend your money on awesome things like games instead of lame things like food and weed.

Already pre-ordered Dishonored 2 Collectors Edition, the one that comes with a replica of Corvos mask and Emily's ring. Yeah I'm probably gonna be homeless.

10 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Dunno why a game is always categorized as either "Amazing" or "Crap" these days. Why can't a game just be called "Good" or "Fine"? Mafia 3 looks like a well put together game that mostly focuses on the story its trying to tell. Not expecting GTA 5 levels from this. Just a game with a good story and decent gameplay to get me through. Hopefully I can pick it up soon and go into it as fresh as possible

Tbh I don't like GTA games in the first place. Open world games in general tend to leave a bad taste in my mouth. 

Normally I wouldn't pay any attention to a game like this but people keep talking about it throughout the internet and all I keep seeing are low review scores and complaining. And reviewers tend to scale things up and say everything is good. So seeing a game get actual bad review scores is worrisome.

Not that reviewers are necessarily trustworthy people, but.....

8 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

I feel ye. 

I don't like looking at reviews cuz I want to make my own. People have different tastes afterall. 

I've been playing the game since day 1 and I have to say,  in my opinion, the game is quite good. The gameplay isn't all that but it's good enough to feel enjoyable. I'm playing on hard. But this game really shines in 4 things. Story, setting, artwork, and soundtrack. 

ThE story so far is really interesting. Especially since you get to know the characters really well. The setting is amazing. and the art, especially in the loading screen are really good. I could really appreciate the painted cityscapes in those pieces. The soundtrack is dope tho. It captures the heavy jazz and blues influence of new Orleans during the time period really well. In my opinion at least.

For an open world game, it's got a really good grip and focus on story telling rather than things to do. So far at least.  I'm not far enough yet. That said, I don't think you'd appreciate it if ye look only at the gameplay aspect of the game. As for me, I'm enjoying it and I'm looking forward to play more of it 

• Like 1