Platinum Games is at it again

TrishaCat

This time its an ARPG for PC based on a phone game. Not really sure if this is something to be excited about. At the moment the only platform mentioned for the game is PC though, which is kind of strange, considering its origin.

5 minutes ago, Taikugemu said:

>Granblue Fantasy.

Well, at least it's a Platinum's game.

But is that enough to save it?

I don't really know a whole lot about Granblue Fantasy. Is it that worrying? I tried Granblue out earlier today after seeing this news and it seems very...cheap. But the art is nice. Vyrn is cute.

granblue 2.png

Its also apparently spawned a lot of doujins.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

But is that enough to save it?

I don't really know a whole lot about Granblue Fantasy. Is it that worrying? I tried Granblue out earlier today after seeing this news and it seems very...cheap. But the art is nice. Vyrn is cute.

Its also apparently spawned a lot of doujins.

The game isn't bad per se, the plot and gameplay are average, the graphics are good enough, and it has Nobuo Uematsu, so no complaints about the OST. The Gacha is the real turnoff.

3 minutes ago, Taikugemu said:

The game isn't bad per se, the plot and gameplay are average, the graphics are good enough, and it has Nobuo Uematsu, so no complaints about the OST. The Gacha is the real turnoff.

Gacha?

2 hours ago, Nekokami said:

Japan is obsessed with the 'Re' prefix.

Wow, when I saw the title I was going to post this exact same thing, haha. I must say, Japanese originality has really taken a nosedive in the 21st century. I thought Platinum Games was different, but hey, no one can be truly innovative ALL the time. 

I'm sure the game is at least fun to play. Certainly looks beautiful, but I'm kinda tired of the kitsch character archetypes in JRPGs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ieono said:

Wow, when I saw the title I was going to post this exact same thing, haha. I must say, Japanese originality has really taken a nosedive in the 21st century. I thought Platinum Games was different, but hey, no one can be truly innovative ALL the time. 

I'm sure the game is at least fun to play. Certainly looks beautiful, but I'm kinda tired of the kitsch character archetypes in JRPGs. 

Char, This is "new" Platinum Games, They don't simply care about any other games but their own. I mean look at Korra, TMNT and Transformers. You know that these souls weighed down by gravity only by making shitty games, Like I understand the earthnoids Japanese could care less about The ip's themselves  since they are murrcian only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imperial Impact said:

Oh, It's that game where FUCKING RYU FROM STREET FIGHTER is in.

Holy crud, he really gets around, doesn't he? Now if only he could make his way to my bedroom...

We must rid Platinum Games of the humans that work for it so that it can heal from the selfishness that it has been subjected to. 

• 1 year later...