Computer parts breaking

Kinharia

So in the past week all 3 of my fans on my computer chassis broke down and that came to about £40 to replace and then my Headset broke down and I had £41 spent replacing it (though I must admit I am very happy with the purchase as the sound and microphone quality are improvements) and today on the bus my headphones for my phone broke. So I got £3 replacements.

I am lucky that I had been gifted money at christmas so I was able to afford the replacements :) just typical that they all break down at once!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Wow, that's pretty bad luck Kin :( When it rains, it pours. I had a moment like that last year when a sewage pipe broke (backing up into my basement, twice) and I got rear-ended, all right around Christmas.

Getting rear-ended on Christmas is never as festive as it sounds.

• Like 3

You guys. xD

Back on topic, I did have a RAM stick go bad recently, but I already had more than I needed so I haven't bothered replacing it. However, in the five years I've had this computer, I have had to replace a motherboard that inexplicably died out of warranty ($200+), a graphics card that consistently overheated that I should have RMA'd to begin with ($200+) and a CPU fan ($30). All the replacements were improvements at least, but I've still put way too much money into this computer.

• Like 2

For earbuds, you guys should look into Seinhesser's. They're about $20 to $25 and I've had my pair last well over a year. They're starting to show some wear now, but for the price and sound quality, they're a solid purchase.

And I put mine through hell on an almost daily basis :P

2 hours ago, Conker said:

For earbuds, you guys should look into Seinhesser's. They're about $20 to $25 and I've had my pair last well over a year. They're starting to show some wear now, but for the price and sound quality, they're a solid purchase.

I've heard good things about them. I'll probably look into it when my Razor eventually dies (surprisingly this one has lasted a couple of years despite running over the wire multiple times a day).

Twice in a week now I have had CPU error codes on my motherboard and had to remove the cooler and reapply thermal paste. I also took off the side panel, hopefully that should help keep my aging rig from overheating. 

I know a thing or two about computer issues.

On 2017-01-03 at 7:58 PM, Conker said:

Or just go to Best Buy and pick up whatever kind of crap earbuds they have in stock. Some are good, some are bad. Unless they're fucking Apple, then they're good for a few months and fuck themselves right away. It literally sounds like they're just spitting loogs right in your ear when they start to go. I can already see the meeting in their boardroom, "there's going to be a pile fucking chumps paying a premium on our shit earbuds, so here's what were going to do: We're going to make them sound great for about two months, and then our speakers are going to turn inside out and sound like a goat being sacrificed to god. It's that or we're going to make the left channel forget what it's fucking role is and just quit out of nowhere. But that's not everything, we're Apple, we're always open to opinions on how we're going to suck every expendable dollar and cent out of our customers"

Fuck I hate Apple.

Believe it or not, I have some kind of Sony ones right now and they've been wicked for better than a year. Every time my earphones die, I go to Best Buy, and they always have new shit in stock. I thought Sony would be no good, but they're still alive and damn near about to surpass the record of the Pioneers I had before. Pioneers were the best for quality, but these Sonys are a short second, and they've already blown the doors off them in length of usage.

49 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

Or just go to Best Buy and pick up whatever kind of crap earbuds they have in stock. Some are good, some are bad. Unless they're fucking Apple, then they're good for a few months and fuck themselves right away. It literally sounds like they're just spitting loogs right in your ear when they start to go. I can already see the meeting in their boardroom, "there's going to be a pile fucking chumps paying a premium on our shit earbuds, so here's what were going to do: We're going to make them sound great for about two months, and then our speakers are going to turn inside out and sound like a goat being sacrificed to god. It's that or we're going to make the left channel forget what it's fucking role is and just quit out of nowhere. But that's not everything, we're Apple, we're always open to opinions on how we're going to suck every expendable dollar and cent out of our customers"

Fuck I hate Apple.

Believe it or not, I have some kind of Sony ones right now and they've been wicked for better than a year. Every time my earphones die, I go to Best Buy, and they always have new shit in stock. I thought Sony would be no good, but they're still alive and damn near about to surpass the record of the Pioneers I had before. Pioneers were the best for quality, but these Sonys are a short second, and they've already blown the doors off them in length of usage.

Oh, earbuds bleh. Was never a fan of em. I can attest to the Sony comment though. I had a set of headphones from them and the sound quality was actually quite impressive for a cheap price. I was sad when they died on me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrecker said:

As someone who has jumped around different ear bud brands from Best Buy, they are NOT created equally.

There's a reason why I've been sticking with Seinheisser.

23 hours ago, Conker said:

As someone who has jumped around different ear bud brands from Best Buy, they are NOT created equally.

There's a reason why I've been sticking with Seinheisser.

I've never heard of that brand, they are worth it? Best ones I've paid for were Klipsch, but they didn't last worth a fuck. They sounded great though in the meantime.

18 hours ago, Wrecker said:

I've never heard of that brand, they are worth it? Best ones I've paid for were Klipsch, but they didn't last worth a fuck. They sounded great though in the meantime.

Well, they were an upgrade over some shitty $6 dollar Best Buy pair and some not-so-great Tweeked Audio headphones I was using at the time. I think they sound better than Apple ear buds too.

i mean, to an extent ear buds are ear buds, but I'd say these sound the clearest/best of the ones I've used. They're also very durable.