I suppose an introduction's in order

Grey

So I've been up all night and in a fit of sleep deprived insanity I've decided to join a furry forum. I haven't really been a part of this fandom for a while, grew disillusioned with it's community after being exposed to the shittier sides of it. Far too many fairweather friends and shallow sluts that lose interest in you when they find out you're not going to suck their dicks. But I guess it still has it's charms so I thought I'd try to give the fandom one last chance before abandoning it completely.

I'm more interested in the creative aspect of the fandom than making friends, there are some fantastic artists out there if you dig around a little and I love seeing fursuiters messing around and having fun. Although I'm not really creative myself outside of making music.

Eh, I'm gonna wrap this up before it gets overly long. TL;DR: Hey, I'm a new thing.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grey said:

But I guess it still has it's charms so I thought I'd try to give the fandom one last chance before abandoning it completely.

Good luck with that.

Welcome to Phoenixed! I enjoy the creative side of things as well; I even do a bit of 3D work myself just for fun. Definitely check out the art sections and the games sections can be a bit of creative writing fun as well!

9 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Good luck with that.

Welcome to Phoenixed! I enjoy the creative side of things as well; I even do a bit of 3D work myself just for fun. Definitely check out the art sections and the games sections can be a bit of creative writing fun as well!

Thanks for the tip and the welcome. 

• Like 1

Hey there, and welcome! I also like the more creative, expressive sides of the fandom, and especially the playful nature of it all...I can get kinda serious and dark IRL, and it helps balance things out. I'm prone to reading a lot (mainly 20th century literature) and brooding, so the furry world often helps take my mind of its racing thoughts and pondering.

What sorta music do you do? Myself, I write.

Hope ya have fun here. Oh, and as for fursona, what's it like, being a waffle iron?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 2:57 AM, Sergalus said:

K den. Welcome to the hell. But I need to know what happened, what do you mean?

Honestly, it's just bullshit. Everyone I used to know in this fandom, including myself, were just stupid kids who didn't know what they were doing. Emotions were played with, people got hurt and things got very out of hand. As a result I'm a pariah in certain communities. Shame, as I knew some wonderful people. The past is the past though, we can't change it but we can learn from it. I don't hold any grudges towards anyone involved, although I fully understand why grudges would be held against me.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I don't think Lemon comes here anymore.

Yeah, most of the people involved in the shit don't seem to anymore. Shame as a part of me holds on to the idea of apologizing and making amends, although realistically I realize things are far beyond that point.

Hi there, sorry about the drama. I really do think there are genuinely decent people out there, just avoid the toxic BS and have fun where it matters.

Im guessing youre going under a new name? I know there was a Grey but I dont believe you are them. Either way it doesnt matter hopefully your reintroduction goes a little smoother. Hopefully you can steer cleer of perverts and drama whores this run around

20 minutes ago, Grey said:

Yeah, most of the people involved in the shit don't seem to anymore. Shame as a part of me holds on to the idea of apologizing and making amends, although realistically I realize things are far beyond that point.

There's always discord there's someone who can point you in the right direction if you want to apologize briefly about the past and move on...

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Grey said:

Honestly, you don't need to worry about old drama; none of us are beholden to seek the approval of strangers on the internet.

As wolfnight says, there's lots of people here who are pleasant and friendly, so I'm sure you'll have fun here.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Hi there, sorry about the drama. I really do think there are genuinely decent people out there, just avoid the toxic BS and have fun where it matters.

Im guessing youre going under a new name? I know there was a Grey but I dont believe you are them. Either way it doesnt matter hopefully your reintroduction goes a little smoother. Hopefully you can steer cleer of perverts and drama whores this run around

There's always discord there's someone who can point you in the right direction if you want to apologize briefly about the past and move on...

I appreciate that, you were always cool. Yeah I didn't always go by Grey, and I have a feeling I won't be for much longer. But that's not a problem. I think the consensus was that I was the drama whore, but from my pov there was a lot of shit going on in the background that I had to let out. There's still more I want to let out but I don't want old friends to get in trouble. Discord,  maybe in the future. Some wounds still need more time to heal.

5 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Honestly, you don't need to worry about old drama; none of us are beholden to seek the approval of strangers on the internet.

As wolfnight says, there's lots of people here who are pleasant and friendly, so I'm sure you'll have fun here.

Nope, but I guess I need some of them to forgive me. And yeah, if I'm allowed to stick around I'm sure I can have some fun.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

So what kind of stuff are you into; hobbies and interests?

Ohh, well. Music would have to be the big one. I love finding new styles and seeing people express themselves through it. It's truly beautiful when you see people expressing their emotions and who they are through that medium. I plan on making albums myself but my tastes are so varied and I find myself in so many different moods that I could express creatively that it's currently a bit of a struggle to find a consistent tone and feel to work with. It's a slow process but I'll get there. I also love games, multiplayer fps's for the most part. I've actually put enough time into team fortress 2 that I could play it competitively. There aren't big prize pools or anything but the game at that level is it's own reward. Looking into creating mods for certain games too but i currently lack the resources. I'm also going to be joining a viking reenactment group over the coming weeks. Historical European martial arts is something I've been interested in for years and I'm looking forward to getting training in that sphere, opens up options for learning blacksmithing too so there's a lot of potential. Beyond that I appreciate good films and tv dramas and I'm also a big stand up comedy fan. All in all I have a lot to keep me entertained.

• Guest locked this topic