Could you put horseshoes on a fursuit?

Plants

Hypothetical question. Could you have (real) horseshoes on a fursuit? I was thinking about it because I would love a unicorn suit, but only if it makes the sound on flat surfaces. Of course there's things like hoof boots: 

wl1.jpg.69d2dbf28e42e95b82626a357fd4261b.jpg

(By HORSEKING on etsy. Great name my dude)

But I cannot walk in heels to save my life and would love something more along the lines of a draft horse (large, lots of feathering, definitely not suitable for heels). Any idea? I'm worried just setting it in a foam base would tear the foam, albeit there are sporty light/plasticy horseshoes. Help I'm thinking about this dumb thing too much 

Well I guess it's good I've got like 3 pounds of resin kits lying around to test this on. I'm going to try @Jtrekkie's suggestion and try out the racing ones, though those are (perhaps unsurprisingly?) difficult to find in draft size. However, there's plenty of mule horseshoes in a million different varieties that are also in draft size, so hooray! Options! 

• Like 1

Well if you're going to hide it behind feathering you might just get some heavy, hard-wearing boots and attach real iron horseshoes to them, to add that extra thumpiness... but then again I also know a whole lot of not a damn thing about fursuit crafting, so......

Also I'm actually not sure about any sort of metallic shoes anyway since they might damage floors and such.

Don't. That's going to damage hotel property walking around in that shit. 

Second, that's going to be taxing on your legs. At cons, sound wont be an issue, but I can see how it can get annoying,

Third, that's going to be hella fucking awkward to walk around on.

Point one is the most important. 

• Like 3

If all you're after is the sound it wouldn't be hard at all to rig up an electronic heel switch, a controller, and a speaker to play the noises. Hell I've seen videos of people hacking those gimmicky Staples "That was easy" buttons to say whatever you want; just gut two of those and jam them in a pair of shoes.

With regards to potential damage, do you think that would be mitigated by using an aluminum or plastic horseshoe? Or would it be better to just avoid? 

Also the electronic idea sounds neat, I think it just loses some of the charm. 

edit: I feel like there's some sort of base misunderstanding as well, it's not just all toe-based pressure. I'm hoping for more of a foam Large Hoov (like a typical fursuit paw) so there's a comfortable shoe. And just happens to have a horseshoe on the end (might have to carve a space in the foam for it which would muffle the noise but I think that'd work).