Will we be able to see/edit code in posts?

Wolflich

It also makes links really annoying.
I've had to remove all links in a post several times, to add new ones, just so the link function doesn't "stick" to the new text.

Being able to edit code should be a given, considering it's present on almost any platform you'd use nowadays.

This this this.

The formatting on this site is driving me nuts. I just tried to spoiler two separate pieces of text that had regular text in between them. The board spoiled EVERYTHING in between what I wanted spoiled. Plus, I've had a hard time dealing with quotes boxes, like putting text BEFORE the quotes box, or right AFTER. Especially had trouble trying to copy quote boxes to new locations, the board doesn't allow you to directly select them or move them.

You can copy them but it's hard to know when you have them selected properly and you must have 'paste as plain text by default' turned off, which causes its own set of inconveniences...

In the end it would be a lot easier to just write and edit the code manually. I don't think I've ever come across a forum that didn't have that ability before and I'm starting to see why.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this indeed is a huge problem. Sure, bbCode can be clunky which makes clunky at best but not being able to refine my coding is making some posts impossible for me. If we could implement a feature which makes it possible to switch between a bbCode editor (as default) and a "preview" editor, a function the vast majority of forums have, it'd make the experience a hell of a lot more user friendly.

EDIT: Okay, so after a "happy" accident, if you can call it that, I've found that you can in fact spoiler only a part of a post. However, it must first be done by making the spoilered post separately from the part of the post without spoilers; the forum then detects one post after another and merges them.

In essence, this means that if users want to make a post with a single spoiler in between their regular text, it requires the user to triple post.

Edited by Maya

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When will I be able to embed javascript 

Never. Not by design anyway, though that does not preclude bugs that allow that to happen.

If we could implement a feature which makes it possible to switch between a bbCode editor (as default) and a "preview" editor, a function the vast majority of forums have, it'd make the experience a hell of a lot more user friendly.

I suspect that Invision Power have abandoned that functionality when they adopted CKEditor as their editor of choice, the way I read some of the latest rumblings from them, they want to abandon BBCode as a thing altogether.

Since the option of moving on to different/better software is always on the table; does anybody know if the likes of Xenforo support these features?

Edited by Carenath