Umbra.Exe's Sketchbook Thread

Umbra.Exe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really need to remember to update more often. D:
Here's some doodly-doodles I drew a little while back, but forgot to post. .w., Sorry for the image quality; I draw rather lightly and my scanner doesn't pick it up well.

This was the first batch, just kinda warmup stuff I guess.
DFDDGfO.jpg
For anyone wondering what the writing above the dog says, it says "Accidental Scooby-Doo," since it unintentionally came out looking a bit like a certain mystery-solving pooch. :b

And here's some sketches I did just after that. I was attempting to draw some characters of mine in different cartoon styles.
Jg3P41w.jpg
Spoiler for anyone who wants to guess what I was going for. :v

Row 1: Tiberius- Generic old-school cartoon style          Umbra: Peanuts                Maya: Animal Crossing
Row 2: CrackerJack- Viva Pinata                                  Felix: Sonic
Row 3: Santiago- Looney Toons (sorta)                         Rita: Land Before Time

The last two didn't come out so great, since I was pretty tired by then. ^^;

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

*barks happily in greeting*, Fur am back to post moar art. ^.^

Today Fur droo my faverite cheractar of Tranzformors, Prime Optimax. He strong and brav and turn intoo a truk. Fur like truk and also robots.
He is leeder of Tranzformr robots. He and other robots guys punch bad guys, liek Megerton and Storscrem. Optimax is best and koolest robot.

eVg8Po4.png

• Like 5

I drew some more Transformers, this time with my actual dominant hand, heh.

Shockwave (Transformers Animated): Quick doodle in response to a friend in a chat a few nights ago. Been a while since I last drew Shockwave! He's one of my favorites.

6RcyxqLh.jpg

Thunderhoof (Robots in Disguise):  I actually put in some more effort on this guy. Never drawn him (or anyone else from that series) before, but I'm happy with the result! Took about three hours, done last night.

aKeDkH7.jpg

(...I just noticed both these guys have  antlers.)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

WELP.
I totally forgot to update this thread.

Been doing little drawings here and there but uh... It's all the same character. OOPS.
Anyways, here they are. :v

First, some joke drawing my friend suggested (that took way too long to draw for just a dumb joke). It's so dumb, but I like it.
9YWehJq.png

Also tried drawing (and coloring) ol' antler-head from memory. The lineart came out okay-ish, but the colors are way off. Somehow I remembered him much brighter than he actually is.
QG9SPQj.png

Stupid little quick doodle with wonky antlers:
ixvBzcw.png

And finally, a little pixel animation.
EoKEH9x.gif
(Probably added a little too much movement, but whatever.)
Here's a larger, static version of it as well.
11rBfhv.png

And that's my little art dump for now.
Maybe I'll draw something else for once next time. :U

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 2:46 PM, Moogle said:

Rockin' pixel animation Umbra, I don't think that's too much movement at all! Very robotic. 😁 I didn't notice till I looked at it twice over but the added blink is just perfect. 

Thanks, Moogle! I'm glad you think so. I guess people are their own worst critics, huh. ;v; 
And yeah, I love adding little blinks to animations, haha (even if they're tiny and hard to see sometimes XD). Such a simple thing, but it goes a long way, at least in my opinion!

1 hour ago, Antumbra said:

Those look friggin sweet! 

Thanks, man! (And hey, haven't seen you around in a while, welcome back!)

1 hour ago, Antumbra said:

I do have to disagree though, Optimax is not best robot, Hotrood was.

hahaha-no.gif

>:V

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's more mechanical moose-man, because I said so.

Grabbed a sketch I had left unfinished and decided to experiment with it.

The sketch:
egdOPO0.png
What it looked like as of yesterday:
IdSzUuI.png

And here's what it looks like now:
f870QDD.png

I know my lighting/shading isn't great, but hey, that's what the practice is for, right?
I'm pretty happy with it for now, but I might add more texture/scuffs and stuff to him later, as well as improve some other things.

1 hour ago, Cham said:

Oh wow, that looks really great =D Don't know why you're being down on the lighting/shading, it's hecking good work. What program do you use?

Thank you! I guess I keep comparing myself to other artists who are amazing at shading, so my stuff's.... Not that great, in comparison. XD

I use Clip Studio Paint! It's also known as Manga Studio. Bought it to replace the (very) old version of Photoshop I had and haven't looked back since, haha.

7 hours ago, Umbra.Exe said:

Thank you! I guess I keep comparing myself to other artists who are amazing at shading, so my stuff's.... Not that great, in comparison. xD

I use Clip Studio Paint! It's also known as Manga Studio. Bought it to replace the (very) old version of Photoshop I had and haven't looked back since, haha.

Ahhh! Don't do that! Compare you to you! :P

Oh, I remember buying Manga Studio (insert number here), but never actually got around to installing it and seeing what it was like.
Never thought it was capable of stuff like that to be honest, guess I underestimated it...

• 5 months later...
On 7/31/2017 at 2:39 AM, Cham said:

Ahhh! Don't do that! Compare you to you! :P

Oh, I remember buying Manga Studio (insert number here), but never actually got around to installing it and seeing what it was like.
Never thought it was capable of stuff like that to be honest, guess I underestimated it...

Yeah, I think a lot of artists (myself included, of course), keep comparing themselves to others when they probably shouldn't, heh.
And yep, it's a nice program in my opinion! Though I've only tried Photoshop and GIMP before, so take that as you will, lol.

And on another note, I've forgotten to update this darned thread for ages! Time to fix that.

First off... Yes, yet another Thunderhoof drawing. .v., I actually drew this one not long after my last one, but forgot to post.
There's two versions, one with a cigar (Or Cy-gar, since apparently that's what Transformers use... Yes, that is a thing apparently, haha), and one without.

I kind of like the cigarless version better in black and white, and the other one better with color, for some reason. So I'm posting 'em both.
...Plus I liked the shading on the colored one, and the cigarless one never got shaded. >>;
O7SoDUN.png       4Q8CrYc.png

Secondly, I drew something totally different for a change. :v
My brother and I just finished watching Season 1 of Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia, and I thought it'd be fun to draw one of the characters.

I tried using a new tool/pen this time, it's called "chalk" but reminds me of pencil when drawn thin. I like it. I like it a lot. :>
Also, this guy was a ton of fun to draw, especially in such a sketchy, messy style!
9lKNBQX.png

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll have more to post soon. :>

• 2 months later...

...Okay, it has been way longer from my last post than I thought.
Welp, I drew this for Pokemon Day last month or so... So there's that, lol. He's one of my Bisharp characters, named Caesar.
It's also the first time I've drawn something halfway decent on my phone!
The framing is weird though.... Because I drew it on my phone and still had no idea what I was doing.
0fjqu2X.png

• Like 1

Since I keep on making things and forgetting to post them here, have some more things I did a while ago.
More Transformers stuff, what a big surprise. :v (Hey, at least I'm getting more practice with angled/inorganic shapes?)

First, a sketch of Blitzwing from Transformers Animated. He was one of my favorite characters from that series. Maybe I'll go back and clean this one up later.
https://i.imgur.com/VfoqzmO.png

Also did a drawing of this antlered idiot again, because yes, I still like drawing him. Maybe one of these days I'll draw more than just a head and shoulders, lol.
I think I wanna just do a sketch page of faces or something next, though. We'll see.
(...Yes, I forgot the Decepticon symbol/scratches on his chest. I am lazy and don't feel like drawing it sometimes. >:V )
https://i.imgur.com/bhHtW3V.png

And finally, I drew Steeljaw, a character from the same series as Thunderhoof. I had never drawn him before, but I'm quite pleased with how the drawing turned out. I'll probably be drawing him again soon, this was fun. :>
ErtCfJa.png

https://i.imgur.com/ErtCfJa.png

(If the images aren't displaying, I apologize- Not sure what's going on there.)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Yeesh, I haven't posted since April?
Well, it's now Halloween (where I am, at least).
READY TO GET SPOOKY!?
nwahAp3.png
(I actually didn't even do these on Halloween, but let's pretend I did :v)

I also drew myself a new character and possible fursona. Haven't named them yet, but I like 'em so far.
PBKDQrC.png
KgfYEIS.png

And since it's my birthday, obligatory birthday drawing.
DIEXOdR.png