Favorite Scary Games

Phausk

What's your favorite games that give you the creeps?

Personally I haven't played many, but I really loved Eternal Darkness. The deep story mixed with the sanity effects and those creepy ass body snatchers always made me feel uneasy. It was an amazingly solid game that didn't rely much on jump scares. A masterpiece on the Gamecube.

I also thought Amnesia was neat, although not as scary as I had hoped. Although the water part managed to put me into panic mode, and the area with the dissected dogs was quite eerie.

Edited by Phausk

I've yet to find a game that scares the shit out of me. 

If yer talking about horror games in general tho, siren, silent Hill and the original resident evil games come to mind as some of mY favorites. And recently, until dawn was a really cool homage to the campy horror movies of the day which I'm voting for game of the year. 

I don't play any first person horror games cuz I can't handle the motion and all. It gets me really sick and dizzy. 

Edited by yell0wf0x

The only game that ever really scared the shit out of me was Silent Hill 2.  The whole eerie atmosphere, and the depressing storyline that haunted me for a long time, was just perfect. It probably helped that I was devoted to playing it alone at night with all the lights out, as all good horror games should be played.  Also, while not really a scary game, the original Doom on DOS was probably the first game to scare me when I was younger, too.

In fact, a bit off topic, but a lot of old DOS and early Windows games kinda creeped me out because I never really knew what to expect from them.  Some games just had crazy stuff pop up that would give me nightmares in an otherwise friendly game, like the zombie in Space Quest IV.

I don't deal with scary things very well. I played a little bit of outlast and amnesia. But I had to stop, I couldn't do it. I'm too easily terrified so I don't watch any horror movies or play any scary games. Too spooky. :S

The first Shadow Hearts on PS2 honestly unsettled me a bit in the first half, and some in the second half too.  It's not really a horror game at all, but everything still felt tense, and there was always this looming sense of doom no matter what you did.  Great stuff.  I should replay it soon.

As for flat out scary, Resident Evil 1/Director's Cut.  A classic!