Fallout 4 Thread

DevilishlyHandsome49

On 3/21/2016 at 8:48 AM, Strangefox32000 said:

Looks nice, but I stand by my opinion: it looks like user-created content that Bethesda has "reclaimed" and packaged. Not something I'd spend money on.

The creator of RobCo certfied, TalkieToaster, said they were excited for it.

It gives them alot more capabilities once the new geck comes out.

....but yeah, that is alot of fallout 4. It's a give and take thing, because it tends to allow more in depth mods because the base is already there but I do not see the creators of Real Time Settler, or Weapon Mod Kits having quite the same recognition.

I would prefer if the inspiration for those aspects were compensated and mentioned outside of the company.

I bet we have Martigen's Mutant Mod to look forward to though!

• 1 month later...

So a cow-orker of mine wanted me to piece together a PC so that he can play Fallout 4.  I made this with the mindset of playing this game as best as possible, and he also wanted a reasonably small case.  Would this be gud enough?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gG3h6h

I chose the faster RAM and SSD based on reading that Fallout 4 runs much better with them than without them, though there is a config file mod that helps with the game's poor memory handling.  Still, I think it's a pretty good system, and surprisingly was about the same price, if not cheaper, than if I were to go with a 4690K instead.

20 hours ago, major lee snake said:

So a cow-orker of mine wanted me to piece together a PC so that he can play Fallout 4.  I made this with the mindset of playing this game as best as possible, and he also wanted a reasonably small case.  Would this be gud enough?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gG3h6h

I chose the faster RAM and SSD based on reading that Fallout 4 runs much better with them than without them, though there is a config file mod that helps with the game's poor memory handling.  Still, I think it's a pretty good system, and surprisingly was about the same price, if not cheaper, than if I were to go with a 4690K instead.

Hold on a second, I'm creating a list with better ram, waaaaaay better processor, and a good heat sink.

Edit:

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/2SL8EGNDRBRW5

This is exactly what I have in my computer. That processor with that fan, and some artic silver thermal paste properly applied, will overclock 6 cores to 4-4.1 while being 100% stable. It costs less, but that leaves room for the better psu.

This PSU is a rare overseas design that is... incredible. Absolutely incredible and will happily power your pc and extend the life of it far past normal (read the reviews, if they aren't glowing keep looking and you will find the exact one, but I do believe the 750w model is it).

You can compare the stats, but the ssd that I linked I actually use for the OS of the computer - this leads to a much better experience. I play fallout 4 on the hard drive, no issue.

The RAM I posted, which you can get the 32gb version if your os can use it, is the best RAM I have ever used. Despite being teeny tiny which makes building with them a joy, they can be overclocked to atleast 2400.

That's the video card I use, and of course that is up to you.... I have just found it to be more than good enough. Like freaking amazing.

That is the motherboard I use aswell, I spent alot of time looking for the best for my buck and I believe that is it.

The audio card you really want, it's just 30$ but still produces great audio quality.. it's another one of those really good products for your buck.

Combine everything and you should find it less expensive, but you do need to buy things like fans. Fans out the ass, I mean you don't *need* to considering the video card rarely gets hot enough to even run it's fans and that processor fan is amazing... but you should. And seriously do yourself a favor and buy that PSU, it is a stupidly amazing product that somehow slipped into a western product line.

And this may sound silly, but talk to Rassah and use purse.io to buy. You will get free shipping and 15% off, all you do is buy the bitcoin equivalent of the cost which is frozen the second someone orders it so there is no price fluctuation.

(Lemme know watcha think)

(And also get a nice spacious case that is high quality, it will make your life much easier)http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/2SL8EGNDRBRW5

Edit:

Hell let me recommend my case too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006I2H084/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1462456867&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=nzxt+phantom+410&dpPl=1&dpID=41JhPmk-ZBL&ref=plSrch

Now the reason why it's awesome, aesthetics aside, is it has a very good cable organization compartment. Essentially on the other side of the mother board is an empty space to collect the slack on the wires so when you actually hook anything up it goes from the source, pops straight down into a hole, and magically appears next to what you are hooking up with just enough slack to do it. It leads to very good airflow.

Pics:

http://m.imgur.com/1bLo0PE,KEstS6o

And yes, all 4 of my RAM sticks are in there. I was not joking about them being tiny, the clips are taller than them.

3 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

>AMD processor
>"way better" than an i5
>when most console ports only 'work' at best because PC is such a tiny market for pubs

tumblr_mi42etavku1rrtgbwo1_1360678709_co

If I wanted to spend 800 bucks and only get an experience comparable to consoles, I'd do just that.  Or get two consoles.  But I do appreciate you taking the effort, though.

49 minutes ago, major lee snake said:

tumblr_mi42etavku1rrtgbwo1_1360678709_co

If I wanted to spend 800 bucks and only get an experience comparable to consoles, I'd do just that.  Or get two consoles.  But I do appreciate you taking the effort, though.

Seriously? I wasn't aware consoles could run literally any game at max graphics.

That processor is damn good, idk about others

24 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

I wasn't aware consoles could run literally any game at max graphics.

Can't speak for others, but the only difference FO4 has on PC and consoles visuals wise is greater draw distance.  That goes for a lot of games, like MGS5.  Art assets, lighting, and shading are exactly the same otherwise, I've yet to see a PC version of a console game look significantly better outside of resolution.  Often times, it's the console versions that look better due to platform holder money, see Quake 3 Arena or Half Life 1, PC vs PS2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2016 at 1:31 PM, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Far Harbor is ouuuuuuuut!

I need to stop being lazy and play FO4 again because of this reason.

I have pretty much been waiting for TheTalkieToaster to make Automatron better before getting back into it.

2 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

How so?

In general I find it a pretty unenjoyable mode, more of an afterthought than anything. It'd be much better if it were made modular, like a mod, so that the player can pick which features they want, modify them etc. 

There are two features that I despise that were poorly thought out/implemented. For starters, the rate at which you get diseases is just ridiculous. I literally just removed all illnesses and only a couple of minutes later I get the Fatigue illness again. For no apparent reason! Secondly, I really don't like the fact that you can only save when you sleep. Oh, and you can sleep only for three hours in sleeping bags...? Whoever came up with that is a plain retard.

Furthermore, fire blows your arms off. Yes, that actually happened, more than once. Molotovs don't have an explosive effect in real life (or at the very least DEFINITELY not such a powerful one) so a mode that aims to make the gameplay more realistic shouldn't either. Since when do molotovs cripple/dismember?

The damage input/output is increased and it's probably the only thing I really enjoy of this new mode. However, bullet sponge enemies are still a thing. Here, any headshot should be an insta-kill. They are not which, again, is retarded for a mode that's supposed to make things more realistic

There's probably more but I can't think of anything else

I could give all I listed a free pass if only I were given the choice to save freely. The game still has a few bugs here and there and when they occur in this mode they're 20875489057204572045702475025472045720467 times more frustrating. Quick-saves are a safety measure against them.

In the end, Fallout 4 was designed as a sandbox shooter with RPG elements, this mode does a mediocre job at repurposing it. It's as if you went offroading with a sports car. It's not a horrible mode mind you, but it sure is hella mediocre

8 hours ago, Amiir said:

In general I find it a pretty unenjoyable mode, more of an afterthought than anything. It'd be much better if it were made modular, like a mod, so that the player can pick which features they want, modify them etc. 

There are two features that I despise that were poorly thought out/implemented. For starters, the rate at which you get diseases is just ridiculous. I literally just removed all illnesses and only a couple of minutes later I get the Fatigue illness again. For no apparent reason! Secondly, I really don't like the fact that you can only save when you sleep. Oh, and you can sleep only for three hours in sleeping bags...? Whoever came up with that is a plain retard.

Furthermore, fire blows your arms off. Yes, that actually happened, more than once. Molotovs don't have an explosive effect in real life (or at the very least DEFINITELY not such a powerful one) so a mode that aims to make the gameplay more realistic shouldn't either. Since when do molotovs cripple/dismember?

The damage input/output is increased and it's probably the only thing I really enjoy of this new mode. However, bullet sponge enemies are still a thing. Here, any headshot should be an insta-kill. They are not which, again, is retarded for a mode that's supposed to make things more realistic

There's probably more but I can't think of anything else

I could give all I listed a free pass if only I were given the choice to save freely. The game still has a few bugs here and there and when they occur in this mode they're 20875489057204572045702475025472045720467 times more frustrating. Quick-saves are a safety measure against them.

In the end, Fallout 4 was designed as a sandbox shooter with RPG elements, this mode does a mediocre job at repurposing it. It's as if you went offroading with a sports car. It's not a horrible mode mind you, but it sure is hella mediocre

Look at Fallout Wanderer's Addition for how this should be, and get it if you have any other recent fallout games. It is everything survival mode should be and of course an ingame option menu for every little thing.

That + Mart's Mutant Mod

19 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

That + Mart's Mutant Mod

Huh, that's a pretty rad mod

Also, lookit what I found

3211-1-1236696508.jpg

This guy has had one too many lonely saturday nights. Pfftchehehehehe I'm le funneh. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist

• 2 months later...