Rook

So yea I wanted to get some opinions on drag racing on the street vs drag racing on the track.

i myself think that each one has it's similarities and differences. That being said I've also heard that the street is the equalizer. So what are your thoughts?

Edited by Rook

Your lack of balls has been noted. 

Your lack of common sense is deafening. Street racing is illegal, its dangerous, it needlessly endangers your life and other around you all because you want to have a dick measuring contest on the street. Take it to your local drag strip, its safer. Goodness knows they need gearheads to support them to stay open right now. Most strips have weekend/weeknight test and tune runs.

Your lack of common sense is deafening. Street racing is illegal, its dangerous, it needlessly endangers your life and other around you all because you want to have a dick measuring contest on the street. Take it to your local drag strip, its safer. Goodness knows they need gearheads to support them to stay open right now. Most strips have weekend/weeknight test and tune runs.

My racing penis is bigger than yours. 

I have lost friends to street racing accidents that most likely would have not happened on the strip. Besides illegal, the street is just not prepped to take any horsepower. Plain and simple. Those 'tards in Oklahoma that race on the street do it in a staged for film manner. Hasn't anyone noticed the lighting units with thousands of watts of power, lighting up the racing area? You can bet, if you tried that in your hometown, the Po Po would be down your hoodscoop in a heartbeat. Even when the boys from the 'hood try to do a sideshow in Oaktown, the Man shows up in minutes.

Keep it on the track.

Just my $0.02 USD worth. YMMV. Only one coupon per customer. Void where prohibited. No cash value.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Half-Note said:

Street racing is where kids die.
Same goes for track racing, only it happens with less frequency because there are paramedics available.

To put a bit of clarity around what Half-Note and @Rhíulchabán have said (both making statements I agree with): the difference isn't "just" that paramedics are on-scene at one versus the other. The real difference boils down to risk and informed conest of the participants. Track racing is where everyone has made decisions and partakes willingly in the risks associated with the sport, but are able to do so in a controlled environment. Everyone that is present, from track official to observer in the stands, is peripherally aware of the risk and has consented to the risk to some extent due to a common interest. Conversely, street racing is where everyone else pays the price, including people who had no involvement in the risk-taking behaviors, and do so in an uncontrolled environment that allows poor decisions to be amplified many-fold because the variables that can impact things are essentially unbounded. Further, the people who inevitably are involved against their will had zero consent or interest other than the bad luck to be outside their homes. Splatter your brains on the pavement, that's fine, I won't feel an ounce of pity. Inevitably, however, it's not just the racer but some poor pedestrian or a family in a van that gets struck and that is what makes a street race total bullshit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Me and several buddies, and occasionally some of their friends go out street racing every so often on the back roads in our area.  Its an area of mostly farm land and open desert with wide open spaces.  We have never had any injuries in the number of years we have been doing it either.  Its not the ACTION that causes the problems you have named but the irresponsibility, and stupidity of those who take such actions without proper care.

At our most local drag strip, that some of you would call a safer venue, they are still trying to live down the death of a spectator when a funny car lost a wheel and it ripped right through the supposedly secure safety wall and killed one spectator when it bounced up into the stands, and injured several others.

Then another incident that nearly killed someone while i was on track myself, some IDIOT wanabe racer with a acura swapped civic turbo'd and nitrous'd, the guy was rapping the hell out of the motor trying to show off before his run, and when he finally made it to the line and the lights went green he hit the nitro on takeoff and exploded the cylinder head completely off his engine, through the fiberglass hood, and it landed about 5 feet from a group of spectators standing next to the timekeeping booth.

Then there was the time a guy with a built to the max Twin Turbo Chevy Duramax Diesel with like a 20 inch lift that was beating half the people out that night including some nice 99-04 mustang gts and on his last run either something got weakened, or he slammed the clutch to hard, but he blew the driveline and half of it was found when it landed in the pitts behind the bleachers.

The driveline from that truck is about 8 feet long, with a joint in the middle, each half weighs roughly 75-90 lbs, imagine if it had hit someone on its way through, or over the bleachers, noone is certain of which path it took, only where it was found when someone heard it land.

I think we are much safer on the streets away from all the crazies that come to the track.

Edited by Xander Venterus