End of the Year Art Summaries

Vae

"What's an 'end of the year summary'?"
   - It's common practice for people to take one of their best works from each month in a year, and post them all together in one image, at the end of that year. It's a good gauge for improvement, both in contrast to the year before (if you made one back then) and throughout that year, itself.

"How do I do this? Do I just post all the images in a row?"
   - People usually either use a premade template, or make their own, and put the images together in Photoshop or whatever your equivalent is.
Here's some templates, if you need them. Some of them have the wrong date, but it doesn't take much to either alter that, or blank out the year completely.
      ▸ [light squares]
      ▸ [dark squares]
      ▸ [dark circles]
      ▸ [circular]
      ▸ [circular clock]

Feel free to either add or link an old one too, for comparison's sake, if you have one.

__________________________________________________________________________________

BASE-2.thumb.png.50957e3a20eb03803265319

> [2014]

• Like 3

Hey Vae, I like your brighter images more, compared to the dark ones. An improvement on 2014 all round, though. 

I don't remember which months I drew images in this year, so I went for a splatter, which I've attached. 

The dinosaurs were part of a museum project, and I lead a small class on palaeontological diagrams and drawings there. 

review 2015.png

• Like 2

I haven't drawn much this year so I'll just post my top three faves. These are all drawn on my cell phone with my finger, lol. I'll attach my first drawing to help show how far I've come. :) (no comp access for a while so sorry they aren't all in one pic) Oldest to newest~

Sketch5115312.thumb.png.046b79f407bf3c74

Sketch17623596.thumb.png.b5ca4bc466eab38

Sketch7651943.thumb.png.aa5b5e62f1674e0a

Sketch1632314.thumb.png.658ece3e33c71d28

Edited by Misomie
  • Like 2

Someday Id like to consistently do one of those for real. Once I get a new drawing tablet and space to draw freely without the nagging.

Since I dont have one for every month I'll cheat and upload multiples on some months

January

-no upload-

February

568750edda51c_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

5687510348a5e_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

5687516f08740_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

March

568751aaa8451_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

568751973fc0b_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

April 5687527a70c0c_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

May

568751c044006_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

568751ca16c1b_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

5687530bf1422_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

June

5687532061152_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD5687532bb9756_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD56875332f4134_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD568753470bf09_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

(will continue editing)

July

568755c9c0ac4_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

August

568755edcd3b8_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD568755f619598_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

5687564c0dc37_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

568756ca4b675_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

September

-no upload-

October/Inktober

5687579ba3b44_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

November

568757c3d8806_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD568757db8b2a6_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD568757eb07c08_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

December

568757f3437b5_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD568757fb253be_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppD

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_meeeeeeeeeee__by_wolfnightv4x1-d9jkcwq.jpg

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

@WolfNightV4X1 Do you refer to diagrams of birds' wings when you draw? I think you could benefit from looking at simplified diagrams and dissections, and drawing those repeatedly for practice. 

I have looked at wings, I used to be much worse when I started out and didnt know what the heck I was doing and it was just random, so there's that. Now I have some basic idea of it, but I'll keep looking, repeatedly, of course.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

• 11 months later...

It's the end of 2016. Time to revive this shit.

Collag2016.png

My anatomy's a lot better than it was last year, but I just really haven't had it in me to "polish" my drawings this year.
So instead I just experimented a fuckload with colors and techniques.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2016 at 11:33 AM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

/snip/

As you can see, I'm not much better at all

If you wish to improve then you first need to make sure that your figures are well proportioned.
Making sure that each different body part is the right length in relation to all others can be difficult, especially since perspective distorts the appearance of their length by way of fore-shortening.

Extensive drawings based on reference images for practice is necessary.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Saxon said:

If you wish to improve then you first need to make sure that your figures are well proportioned.
Making sure that each different body part is the right length in relation to all others can be difficult, especially since perspective distorts the appearance of their length by way of fore-shortening.

Extensive drawings based on reference images for practice is necessary.

tfw 3 of the 4 are heavily referenced from pictures

5 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

tfw 3 of the 4 are heavily referenced from pictures

I guess there's a difference between referring to a picture to make an image, and referring to many pictures in order to produce studies, so that you build experience.

*shrug* it's not exactly something I'm much good at.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I haven't done much serious art.

thewristthatbleeds.png

cethypossum.png

This is probably a dumb nitpick but the way that knife is facing bothers me because the left hand is cut that means the right hand is holding the knife...which means its pulled to the side in a really awkward position so that arm doesnt show in view. That, or someone else is cutting them. Yes, I know Im looking too deeply into this and missing the point.

Your stuff is good, though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

This is probably a dumb nitpick but the way that knife is facing bothers me because the left hand is cut that means the right hand is holding the knife...which means its pulled to the side in a really awkward position so that arm doesnt show in view. That, or someone else is cutting them. Yes, I know Im looking too deeply into this and missing the point.

Your stuff is good, though

Yeah, that's a good point. I think I might've realized that which was why I didn't bother drawing a hand holding the knife haha.

But yes, thanks :>