Furry Tail Trend

Dogsnout

So I just recently stumbled upon some furry tails for sale, and it kind of reminded me of my days back in high school. Halloween had cosplays for sure, such as the Homestuck trolls (it's amazing how people spray paint their entire body), but I haven't really seen anyone wear furry tails during the holiday event. Instead, I see them worn outside of it. I see it worn during the spring semester, or the winter semester. It's a rare occurrence, but it never really brought up any issues that I've heard of regarding the usage. I would've heard something about it. Gossip was pretty widespread in the school; even among the shiest of people roFL. But yeah, wolf and fox tails are pretty common although I could be wrong about the species. I had seen a few colorful ones. As for the placement, it's where the tail would normally be on an animal anthro. Or human?  

Some part of me wants to be able to wear a tail in public myself. I heard that some folks wear one to college without a negative impact on their choice, but I dunno. I hardly see any fellow furs where I live, but it'd be nice to find other ways to meet them when the Internet seems to fail me so far. At the same time, I like the fashion idea.

- a random thought at 12 am in the morning.

So, hold up. How old are you? Do you go to university, or do you have a job, or..?

Wearing a tail on the street is just gonna get you funny looks and little else. The kinds of people who it would appeal to would most likely be too nervous to say anything at all to a passing stranger. 

• Like 1

Eh, it was just a passing thought unless the original post implied much more. I figured it wouldn't end well ever since I thought it was a good idea initially, but I guess it's good to know that I should heed these replies and not do it should the interest ever pop up again. 

I take it I would have a better chance where it's more acceptable, lol. Oh well.

I find wearing animal tails for the hell of it to be kind of tacky. but that's also because the people who tend to wear them never wash or brush them so they look bad

if you want to wear a tail there's nothing stopping you but you'll probably get a lot of awkward stares. you could get an animal hat though

1 hour ago, Luccus said:

You'll probably just get 'the stares'.

But certainly something to identify a furry when you see one would be nice.
You know, something that isn't awkward or too obvious but still easily noticeable if you look out for it.

Oh yeah! That's what I figured would happen.

2 hours ago, willow said:

if you want to wear a tail there's nothing stopping you but you'll probably get a lot of awkward stares. you could get an animal hat though

An animal hat may be a good alternative! I've been eyeing a few warm ones with a canine theme; considering I walk everywhere, and it's freezing where I live.

I've actually seen a couple girls in cat or fox ears around town, and I knew one girl in high school (so long ago oh my god) who would wear black kitty ears. It's not necessarily a furry thing so it won't get you too many stares. An animal hat would be cute too, since those are actually sold in stores now. I've seen a couple of those hats with paw scarves at my local RiteAid.

I agree with most of what's been said. Wear what you want but you may get funny looks. But then, who cares? If it's fun and harmless why not? I've worn tail out in public before, when well dressed to decent resturants or perusing stores downtown. I've actually had positive experiences with it and nobody has ever given me a hard time. i think the worst I've got was "is that a tail?" "Yep" "ok..."

so YMMV