Chaos in Cologne on New Year's Eve, refugee-crisis is escalating

Käpt'n

2 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

Alright, now people have been banding together in Cologne to actively hunt foreigners. Multiple people have been injured and apparently the whole thing was organized through social networks.
According to multiple reports the attackers were mostly rockers, hooligans and bouncers by the looks of it.

Shit is kind of hitting the fan now and I hate that...

Source?

9 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Source?

Pretty much all news sources in Germany. Like this one: http://www.taz.de/!5268015/

The police itself also reported about it: http://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/12415/3221091

A group of 20 Germans attacked 6 people from Pakistan near the central station and according to the police report 5 Germans attacked a 39 year old man from Syria. But they don't know if the two cases are connected.

That's what you get for importing an excess number of mateless, polygynous, extremely clannish, overbearingly aggressive, and exceedingly religious males into your nation.

The social checks that kept these kinds of guys in line (kin retribution and draconian judicial systems) are not applicable to nor present in German society. 

Your liberal democracy is literally causing these men to go haywire. 

You want this to stop? Firstly, Westerners need to cease exporting their alien culture to the rest of world in the blind, nonsensical, and infantile assumption that everyone wants to be--and can be--just like them. Secondly, all foreigners in European nations who cause problems need to be ejected to their homelands. 

Multiculturalism does not work.

Diversity does not work. 

This is the human species, not the damn Borg. 

EDIT: Am I against refugees? I'm vehemently opposed to most forms of immigration in general. I don't have anything to gain in having legions of Africans, Latin Americans, or Arabs coming into the US. More often than not, these folks trace their roots to nations that I absolutely have no desire to live in whatsoever. I don't want them recreating those living spaces in America.

Edited by I Did It For The Cat Girls
  • Like 8

40 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

Pretty much all news sources in Germany. Like this one: http://www.taz.de/!5268015/

The police itself also reported about it: http://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/12415/3221091

A group of 20 Germans attacked 6 people from Pakistan near the central station and according to the police report 5 Germans attacked a 39 year old man from Syria. But they don't know if the two cases are connected.

TY

I found it elsewhere by Googling but I always like to ask for a source, esp if the person bringing it up lives in that area (most reliable news source etc)

Germany is going to be getting a lot more attacks like this in the future

23 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

TY

I found it elsewhere by Googling but I always like to ask for a source, esp if the person bringing it up lives in that area (most reliable news source etc)

Germany is going to be getting a lot more attacks like this in the future

You can trust most German news sites. They all report on the same stuff anyway. Avoid "Bild" though, that's Fox News in newspaper form. They are awful.

People are not happy here to say the least. Especially because many pieces of information about the situation were being withheld until recently. Everyone just kept saying not to pass any rash judgement when they already knew that the attacks were almost exclusively committed by refugees. Why would Germans suddenly form dog packs and "hunt" women when nothing like this ever happened before at this scale? It makes no sense!

Right now they want to bring a lot of new laws and regulations on the way. They want harsher punishment for sexual crimes, they want to directly decide where refugees should live and make it easier to send people back home.
Sigmar Gabriel, chief of the SPD, suggested that if the country they came from refuses to take them back to put them in prison, like reducing developement aid for countries in northern Africa.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160108/1032839972/germany-deportation-refugees.html

Edited by Käpt'n

5 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

You can trust most German news sites. They all report on the same stuff anyway. Avoid "Bild" though, that's Fox News in newspaper form. They are awful.

People are not happy here to say the least. Especially because many pieces of information about the situation were being withheld until recently. Everyone just kept saying not to pass any rash judgement when they already knew that the attacks were almost exclusively committed by refugees. Why would Germans suddenly form dog packs and "hunt" women when nothing like this ever happened before at this scale? It makes no sense!

Right now they want to bring a lot of new laws and regulations on the way. They want harsher punishment for sexual crimes, they want to directly decide where refugees should live and make it easier to send people back home.
Sigmar Gabriel, chief of the SPD, suggested that if the country they came from refuses to take them back to put them in prison, like reducing developement aid for countries in northern Africa.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160108/1032839972/germany-deportation-refugees.html

"You can trust most German news sites"
Except I can't. I mean I like to see shit right from the source, but we both know what you just said isn't true. German news sites neglected to report the Cologne attacks for days. German (and most of European tbh) news are very heavily left-leaning, so you'll see groups like PEGIDA labeled terrorist groups.
I look at multiple sources when I ask for a source on a story and I look at the descriptive wording they use.

"They want to directly decide where refugees should live"
While Sweden didn't exactly say "this is where refugees should live", the Muslim refugees have staked claimin Muslim-majority areas and those areas have become so violent that the police won't enter them.

Send them back, tell them no more can come. No exceptions. The problems of Syria are not to be put on the shoulders of other countries.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

i'm not sure if i should find this funny or not

I know, trusting the news isn't exactly the best thing to do and a lot of stuff is being withheld anyway, but for the most part it's alright.

What's scary though is that most people actually do buy Bild. Probably because they have tits and the other newspapers don't....

1 minute ago, Gamedog said:

"You can trust most German news sites"
Except I can't. I mean I like to see shit right from the source, but we both know what you just said isn't true. German news sites neglected to report the Cologne attacks for days. German (and most of European tbh) news are very heavily left-leaning, so you'll see groups like PEGIDA labeled terrorist groups.
I look at multiple sources when I ask for a source on a story and I look at the descriptive wording they use.

"They want to directly decide where refugees should live"
While Sweden didn't exactly say "this is where refugees should live", the Muslim refugees have staked claimin Muslim-majority areas and those areas have become so violent that the police won't enter them.

Send them back, tell them no more can come. No exceptions. The problems of Syria are not to be put on the shoulders of other countries.

They didn't withhold that though. They didn't know about it, they juist reported on the available information. The police of cologne withheld that information.

PEGIDA isn't a terrorist group, they are nazis.
They do have a point with certain things that they say, I am against islam being spread in Germany as well. And people who commit crimes based on fairy tales deserve the hardest punishment possible!

Right, I've heard about what happened in Sweden. Their mistake was to let them all get together. That's what happens when people from violent countries get together :I
Judging by what happened in Cologne spreading them out doesn't seem to work as well though...

11 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

Why do people treat mildly right-leaning papers like they're Der Stürmer or something?

They're afraid they might actually agree with them, either that or deep down they're actually a bunch of closeted nazis. :V

11 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

PEGIDA isn't a terrorist group, they are nazis.
They do have a point with certain things that they say, I am against islam being spread in Germany as well.

See... no, they're not nazis.
Nazis no longer exist, they died out after WW2. What you see today are "neo-nazis" and PEGIDA is NOT a neo-nazi group. You yourself just admitted you agree with their views!

Edited by Gamedog

10 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

Their mistake was to let them all get together. That's what happens when people from violent countries get together :I

That's what happens when you let people from comparatively violent countries into a nation that has a low level of interpersonal violence. 

10 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

And people who commit crimes based on fairy tales deserve the hardest punishment possible!

Religion isn't causing them to commit crimes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Khaki said:

They're afraid they might actually agree with them, either that or deep down they're actually a bunch of closeted nazis. :V

Maybe people like Merkel and her fans should now understand that there's only so much pushing into insanity and speech control you can do before people snap, with help from the Streisand effect. However, taking such action has been long overdue.

36 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I am against islam being spread in Germany as well. And people who commit crimes based on fairy tales deserve the hardest punishment possible!

What do you recommend?

Hanging, Firing Squad, Gas Chambers?

Maybe you could employ Sharia law methods?

Like beheading or stoning, I'm sure that would be respective of their culture.

19 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

Maybe people like Merkel and her fans should now understand that there's only so much pushing into insanity and speech control you can do before people snap, with help from the Streisand effect. However, taking such action has been long overdue.

Yeah, I've been wondering when that bubble would burst for the past two years.

Is it wrong for me to find the irony of this amusing?

Also, how do you embed video links into text form?

Edited by Khaki

1 hour ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

That's what you get for importing an excess number of mateless, polygynous, extremely clannish, overbearingly aggressive, and exceedingly religious males into your nation.

The social checks that kept these kinds of guys in line (kin retribution and draconian judicial systems) are not applicable to nor present in German society. 

Your liberal democracy is literally causing these men to go haywire. 

You want this to stop? Firstly, Westerners need to cease exporting their alien culture to the rest of world in the blind, nonsensical, and infantile assumption that everyone wants to be--and can be--just like them. Secondly, all foreigners in European nations who cause problems need to be ejected to their homelands. 

Multiculturalism does not work.

Diversity does not work. 

This is the human species, not the damn Borg. 

EDIT: Am I against refugees? I'm vehemently opposed to most forms of immigration in general. I don't have anything to gain in having legions of Africans, Latin Americans, or Arabs coming into the US. More often than not, these folks trace their roots to nations that I absolutely have no desire to live in whatsoever. I don't want them recreating those living spaces in America.

How exactly are any of us here exporting our 'alien western culture'? 

Companies offer products and some people in foreign nations favour products that are deemed western. None of us are responsible for the rest of the world's choices. 

It's not like there are friggin colonies, you know, organisatons which actually do export culture, anymore. 

35 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

Yes, yes, we're all familiar with your bio-conspiracy that deleterious behaviours are genetically driven. 

I don't know when you're actually going to read the Selfish Gene, which I keep recommending to you, which specifically dismantles arguments of genetic determinism. 

Edited by Saxon

I love it how these sorts of discussions always come around to Muslim-bashing like clockwork. Because no angelic, God-fearing white guys were among the perps! Because white people never committed sexual violence!

What do you expect if you have a gathering of a few thousand drunkards, a tradition of sexual overreach at this kind of festivities and insufficient police presence? This has nothing to do with EBIL IMMIGRANTS, but with an older social problem.

By the way, guys, what exactly is a "violent country?" America, where there's a mass shooting every other week? Spain, which is world champion in wife- and woman-bashing because machoism is so engrained there they literally coined the word "macho culture?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35280386 

After news outlets reporting that 'about half' of the men molesting women on New Year's eve were migrants, an official report has since concluded that the crowd was 'almost exclusively' migrants. 

None of the 19 people under investigation for the attacks are German nationals and, as I indicated earlier, 14 of those 19 are from Morocco or Algeria, so are not even refugees of the Syrian war. 

35 minutes ago, Gryphoneer said:

I love it how these sorts of discussions always come around to Muslim-bashing like clockwork. Because no angelic, God-fearing white guys were among the perps! Because white people never committed sexual violence!

What do you expect if you have a gathering of a few thousand drunkards, a tradition of sexual overreach at this kind of festivities and insufficient police presence? This has nothing to do with EBIL IMMIGRANTS, but with an older social problem.

By the way, guys, what exactly is a "violent country?" America, where there's a mass shooting every other week? Spain, which is world champion in wife- and woman-bashing because machoism is so engrained there they literally coined the word "macho culture?"

The recently published report made it clear that, no, there weren't. The crowds were almost exclusively people from the greater middle east, mostly the Maghreb, apparently.

This isn't about German traditional festivities; these sorts of organised molestation groups were widespread in the Arab spring. They are an Arab import to Germany.  

Edited by Saxon

53 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

See... no, they're not nazis.
Nazis no longer exist, they died out after WW2. What you see today are "neo-nazis" and PEGIDA is NOT a neo-nazi group. You yourself just admitted you agree with their views!

Nazis, neonazis... Same thing if you ask me.
And many PEGIDA protesters are neonazis. They walk with them and PEGIDA welcoms them. They claim that they are not neonazis themselves, but they don't distance themselves from them either. The language their speakers use is also similar to that of neonazi speakers...

52 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

Yes, it does.

15 minutes ago, Gryphoneer said:

Most countries are violent in some way. Middle eastern countries are just especially violent because their culture is about destroying everything that isn't compatible with their religion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

Nazis, neonazis... Same thing if you ask me.
And many PEGIDA protesters are neonazis. They walk with them and PEGIDA welcoms them. They claim that they are not neonazis themselves, but they don't distance themselves from them either. The language their speakers use is also similar to that of neonazi speakers...

Yes, it does.

Most countries are violent in some way. Middle eastern countries are just especially violent because their culture is about destroying everything that isn't compatible with their religion.

They're not the same thing, and the biggest reason why they're not the same thing is that neonazis aren't rounding up people and forcing them into concentration camps.

PEGIDA is not a nazi group, it's not a neo-nazi group, it's a neo-nationalist group. Massive difference.

Though I did find something funny with what you said..Let me take your own words and change a few of them:

"And many Muslims protesters are terrorists. They walk with them and Islam/Muslims welcoms them. They claim that they are not terrorists themselves, but they don't distance themselves from them either. The language their speakers use is also similar to that of Islamic terrorism supporters..."

26 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

They're not the same thing, and the biggest reason why they're not the same thing is that neonazis aren't rounding up people and forcing them into concentration camps.

PEGIDA is not a nazi group, it's not a neo-nazi group, it's a neo-nationalist group. Massive difference.

Though I did find something funny with what you said..Let me take your own words and change a few of them:

"And many Muslims protesters are terrorists. They walk with them and Islam/Muslims welcoms them. They claim that they are not terrorists themselves, but they don't distance themselves from them either. The language their speakers use is also similar to that of Islamic terrorism supporters..."

I'm aware of the technical difference, but from my perspective they are the same. It's a German thing I guess...

Officially PEGIDA isn't a neonazi group, that is true. But the way how they do things they might as well be one. The neonazis support them for a reason.

And yeah, that is kind of true. They don't support terrorism, but their religion and culture as a whole don't allow them to distance themselves from other muslims.

3 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I'm aware of the technical difference, but from my perspective they are the same. It's a German thing I guess...

Officially PEGIDA isn't a neonazi group, that is true. But the way how they do things they might as well be one. The neonazis support them for a reason.

And yeah, that is kind of true. They don't support terrorism, but their religion and culture as a whole don't allow them to distance themselves from other muslims.

PEGIDA doesn't arrange attacks on people for being gay, black, jewish, etc. They're nothing like a neo-nazi group. Neo-nazis supporting PEGIDA means nothing for the group.

The muslims who don't advocate killing nonbelievers are infidels and would be put to death under the book of the Quran. This is why they're being killed by ISIS, because ISIS is a group of true, genuine Muslims who follow the Quran and will kill other groups of Muslims (Sunni, Shiite, etc) because having a differing view/"interpretation" (lel) of Islam makes you an infidel.

Why does one group of idiots (god fearing white guys) doing bad things, excuse the behavior of Muslims doing bad things? Whataboutism is such a Russian thing. "Don't pay attention to us invading neighboring countries! What about USA invading the Middle East?

By the way, is it really prejudice to discriminate against Muslims? I mean, if someone tells you they are crazy and believe in fantasies and hallucinations, is it prejudging them to think that they are crazy and believe in fantasies and hallucinations? Think of how you think of people who claim they are creationists.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rassah said:

By the way, is it really prejudice to discriminate against Muslims? I mean, if someone tells you they are crazy and believe in fantasies and hallucinations, is it prejudging them to think that they are crazy and believe in fantasies and hallucinations? Think of how you think of people who claim they are creationists.

If you find a Muslim's belief to be outlandish? I wouldn't call it prejudice until you start treating them like shit for their beliefs. You can still be critical of a person's belief system and how ridiculous it is without going to the lengths of what the US people would do. 

I may have my opinions against Islam and it's social structures and belief systems (I grew up with muslims), but I wouldn't treat a person like shit. However, those in the middle east (middle eastern muslims) haven't had a religious revolution due to the opposition's terrorism, so it hasn't progressed much and it is still stuck in the dark ages like Christianity had been before it had it's Protestant revolution and Catholics responding in kind to the "heretics" who followed Martin Luther's philosophy. Islam is way overdue. 

I'd call western Muslims "Protestants", especially the ones in the US who've already condemning the violent acts of the eastern Muslims while trying to fight the "God Fearing White Dudes"  in the US who would all be too happy to put a bullet and burn down a mosque for the reasons of "safety".

• Like 1

Do people not treat those they know are stupid or delusional differently? Even subconsciously? I really wish religious beliefs were treated as any other beliefs or opinions, and subject to the same debates and criticisms, instead of that being considered rude, or those beliefs being held sacred.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Do people not treat those they know are stupid or delusional differently? Even subconsciously? I really wish religious beliefs were treated as any other beliefs or opinions, and subject to the same debates and criticisms, instead of that being considered rude, or those beliefs being held sacred.

Religion's kind of one of those topics...Like abortion or sexuality. 

No matter how you approach it from a logical standpoint and criticize it, that person's going to treat you as if you are a monster. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Most people compartmentalize. While I may, personally, find aspects of most organized religions silly, there's no reason for me to care about whether or not someone else believes those things unless they themselves manifest those beliefs in actual harmful actions. When you consider the enormous breadth of human belief and opinion, I'm not sure how society could even function if people didn't give other people the benefit of the doubt on these things.

But it's acceptable to ridicule people about their beliefs on abortion and sexuality. Any opinion or belief that someone holds which others think is wrong people correct each other on, or discuss. I guess since religion has a legal protection status, we grow up thinking about it as if it's a valid, respectable opinion not to be debated, let alone criticized..

Edited by Rassah
  • Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35285086

"Sometimes we do not really say how things are because we believe it may play into the hands of the Sweden Democrats," Mr Agren told Dagens Nyheter, referring to Sweden's right-wing anti-immigration party."

The Swedish police's response, after ejecting 200 people from a music festival, many of whom were middle-eastern migrants groping women, and failing to mention any assaults in their reports. 

• Like 4

And now eastern european countries are calling out our government for being naive and because their warnings "turned out to be true".

Personally I just feel a little betrayed to be honest. To me it was always important to help people as much as possible, but look where that got us... The police essentially lost control over a city and now we are the laughing stock of the EU because everyone gets to say "we told you so!" :/
The whole situation is making me question whether being helpful is actually worth the effort, and I really hate that!

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

And now eastern european countries are calling out our government for being naive and because their warnings "turned out to be true".

Personally I just feel a little betrayed to be honest. To me it was always important to help people as much as possible, but look where that got us... The police essentially lost control over a city and now we are the laughing stock of the EU because everyone gets to say "we told you so!" :/
The whole situation is making me question whether being helpful is actually worth the effort, and I really hate that!

Your government IS naive. You were warned, the rest of Europe was warned, and yet you continued. Merkel is a npiece of shit, but at least you can be happy knowing you aren't as bad as Sweden.

Sweden is the laughing stock, followed by the UK
Germany and france are in close tie for third place.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the people of your own country come first, immigrants come second or not at all (preferably not at all)

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

Germany has been warned about this and the implications of their actions for a very long time, and the German government knows full well that they cannot stop this spilling into their neighbors' countries. Actually, it's other EU countries suffering more than Germany right now. Instead, the German media collectively chooses to silence any opposition by any means necessary, and the government essentially criminalises the opposition, making it social suicide to speak against the status quo. The German government has gone so far left into madness, they're authoring their own destruction. The right-wing supporters have spent a very long time being stifled, and as the conditions around them become worse and worse, they are being cornered into an extremely uncomfortable position, and this 2016, many of them will be doing things to other people.

67c.jpg

• Like 1

TBH, right wing nationalism isn't the answer either. If you had no minimum wage laws so that all these people could be employed doing various jobs for cheap, no restrictions on starting businesses and hiring so that new businesses and jobs could be easily created to absorb these people and the higher skilled workers they displaced, and nobrestrictions on protecting yourself and providing for your own safety... Oh, and also no free handouts that attract the worst of these types of people... then those in real need would be the ones who come over, your economy would improve from an influx of more hard working labor, and those who step out of line would find themselves confronted or eliminated quickly. And you'll even benefit from cultural diversity in the process.

But all these countries in EU and much of the rest of the world have pretty much built up around having things as they are, not changing the status quo, and even being very resistant to change, which always inevitably comes. Ironically, all our liberal progressive socialist countries have become extremely conservative, in the original definition of the word, and events such as this are shining a spotlight on that fact.

A country should not have to create new houses and jobs for immigrants while it has homeless living in the streets.

They brought these people to Canada and there's tons of unemployment here. They opened up housing to house these immigrants while Canadians are sleeping in the fucking streets.

It disgusts me. Nationalism is the answer.

• Like 1

Considering the current liberal-progressive situation has its origins in the French Revolution (which caused a colossal surge of nationalism to unfurl across Europe), the nucleus of the Western world will find some clever way to completely screw up its gradual plunge into Nationalism 2.0.

What will it be this time? Replicating China's neo-colonial exploits in Africa? Subjecting the Middle East to nuclear weapons fire? 

When factoring in the incalculable extent of human tribalism and innate irrationality, the possibilities are practically endless.

Edited by I Did It For The Cat Girls

2 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

Considering the current liberal-progressive situation has its origins in the French Revolution (which caused a colossal surge of nationalism to unfurl across Europe), the nucleus of the Western world will find some clever way to completely screw up its gradual plunge into Nationalism 2.0.

What will it be this time? Replicating China's neo-colonial exploits in Africa? Subjecting the Middle East to nuclear weapons fire? 

When factoring in the incalculable extent of human tribalism and innate irrationality, the possibilities are practically endless.

...? 

Just now, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

What part are of that post are you hung up on?

I have a lot of confusion about several of the last posts, frankly. You seem to think that you're Nostradamus, though. 

Man man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea, I am the eyes of Nostradamus and all your ways are known to me. 

15 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

What will it be this time?

I don't really know the extent of what will happen in the future aside from the civil unrest and instability that is unfolding this very minute but I think the closest, safest assumption is that the European Union will dissolve by a significant part, if not completely. It's looking like that is going to start from the UK and a kind of domino effect is entirely possible if the UK sets a good example given the growing dislike of the EU in other nations.

Reaching further, if the current madness continues european civil wars fuelled by nationalism aren't unlikely if given at least another full year. That will more likely begin in Eastern Europe or the Balkans rather than places like Britain, Germany, or Sweden, however.

Edited by Sir Gibby

5 hours ago, Gamedog said:

A country should not have to create new houses and jobs for immigrants while it has homeless living in the streets.

They brought these people to Canada and there's tons of unemployment here. They opened up housing to house these immigrants while Canadians are sleeping in the fucking streets.

It disgusts me. Nationalism is the answer.

I have often wondered if Trudeau chapped your ass. What was it like that night he won the election? ;3

Also, I see this sorta thing on conservative facebook a lot. People only bringing up the homeless in regards to refugees. Which is disrespectful to both parties. It's sad that the homeless are only ever useful to keep brown people out of people's neighborhoods. 

Oh, well. That's the trashy sort of world we live in. 

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

I have often wondered if Trudeau chapped your ass. What was it like that night he won the election? ;3

Also, I see this sorta thing on conservative facebook a lot. People only bringing up the homeless in regards to refugees. Which is disrespectful to both parties. It's sad that the homeless are only ever useful to keep brown people out of people's neighborhoods. 

I get the idea behind that argument though. They can't help homeless people but all of a sudden they have money to help 1 million refugees and might evem build new houses for them? Abusing the homeless for an argument like this sucks, but it is also easy to see how the situation makes no sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Butters said:

It was chill, I was relaxin in the trailer w my roommate

he was into it but I just wanted to watch a movie

tou don't know me and what I talk about. The homelessness and unemployment in my city is an issue I take very seriously