Cold Room + Warm Blankets = Best Sleep

AshleyAshes

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I just want to say that sleeping buried under warm blankets in a cold room is the greatest sleep I can have.  Winter is my favorite season for sleeping, I'll open the window when I go to bed, let the room get cold, bury myself under three comforters, my Hello Kitty comforter pulled over my head and I sleep like a LOG.  I love the weight of all those blankets, I feel safe and secure under while the cold is kept out of the bed.

There is simply no better way to sleep and while I think this is awesome I've wondered if anyone else sleeps like that or if I seem like some kind of crackpot for opening the window at night in a Canadian winter.  (Not that we're currently having much of a winter in Canada this year. O.o )

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I just want to say that sleeping buried under warm blankets in a cold room is the greatest sleep I can have.  Winter is my favorite season for sleeping, I'll open the window when I go to bed, let the room get cold, bury myself under three comforters, my Hello Kitty comforter pulled over my head and I sleep like a LOG.  I love the weight of all those blankets, I feel safe and secure under while the cold is kept out of the bed.

There is simply no better way to sleep and while I think this is awesome I've wondered if anyone else sleeps like that or if I seem like some kind of crackpot for opening the window at night in a Canadian winter.  (Not that we're currently having much of a winter in Canada this year. O.o )

Your heating bill must be outrageous. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Your heating bill must be outrageous. 

Well, first, I have old timey hot water radiators since I'm in an old building, it's driven by a central boiler so while I pay hydro, heating is included in the rent.  Also, I turn the heat off to make the apartment cooler, so even if I did pay for heat, I'd just have it off at night. :)

Just now, #00Buck said:

It's a good thing you didn't come to the meet up.

Total disaster. 

After only a few minutes before people started storming off in anger. 

It was all over in less than ten minutes. 

My schedule actually freed up too, I could have gone, but... I'm secretly a big loser who after working all week mostly just wants to hide in her apartment and watch TV. D:

Just now, Khaki said:

It's alright Buck, she left the window open for you.

That's true.

I just need my night vision goggles and a ladder. 

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

My schedule actually freed up too, I could have gone, but... I'm secretly a big loser who after working all week mostly just wants to hide in her apartment and watch TV. D:

You made the right choice. 

Who wants to meet strangers from the internet anyways?

That's just creepy.

I do this exact thing. I'm in AZ though so like we get any damn cold. I have never once in my life turned on a heater and will go out of my way to close the vent and open a window if I'm staying at someone else's house and they have the heat on. Fuck that.

My a/c bill is gonna be craaaaazy though p: I want to be cold 100% of the time.

(I live in the wrong state, obvs)

1 minute ago, Snagged Cub said:

@Augmented Husky I like to make blanket forts too :)

Same effect happens when you go camping to some cold area and sleep inside a sleeping bag. When I went camping, I got the best night sleep of my life after a hard day hiking

Funny how exercise the same day enables a deeper and more luxurious sleep ^_^