Roommate

FenrirDarkWolf

He's so inconsiderate.

I don't mind him leaving the TV on, but leaving it on his loud ass games while he's playing them at 2 in the morning is not very nice.

He NEVER leaves the room, less than me, so I have no privacy of my own.

He talks to this one person, so loudly, all the fucking time, even 3, 4, 5 AM. In this annoying voice recently, and making gross noises.

He doesn't exactly help contribute to the room, he doesn't buy TP or really anything other than food for himself. Nothing we can exactly share.

He's so infuriating, even lazier than me, and not at all helpful for anything.

3 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

He's so inconsiderate.

I don't mind him leaving the TV on, but leaving it on his loud ass games while he's playing them at 2 in the morning is not very nice.

He NEVER leaves the room, less than me, so I have no privacy of my own.

He talks to this one person, so loudly, all the fucking time, even 3, 4, 5 AM. In this annoying voice recently, and making gross noises.

He doesn't exactly help contribute to the room, he doesn't buy TP or really anything other than food for himself. Nothing we can exactly share.

He's so infuriating, even lazier than me, and not at all helpful for anything.

He probably thinks you're an asshole too. 

11 minutes ago, Azure said:

threaten him with a knife

Can confirm this is what you do...except mine will find a way to make me stab myself with my own knife I attempted to threaten them with

Dont ask what my life is idek :P

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

He probably thinks you're an asshole too. 

Probably

49 minutes ago, Azure said:

threaten him with a knife

I have a soup spoon does that work

@Sylver

Thank you for your robotic, obvious analysis, you may go back to your charger butt plug.

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

I never understood the North American idea of room-mates. Here in England all the rooms are singles and I'm very glad of the privacy and quiet it affords me. 

Normies love spending time with other people so much that they force others to live with them in confined spaces where they cannot escape.

Death to the living.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Their roommate sounds bad too. 

Since it is too hard to tell I think dropping napalm on the house is the only solution. 

Seeing as this is a college dorm and not a house have fun being the next school bombing genocider. Will write you in jail.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Reminds me of a conversation I had with mine 4 months after he moved in:

He: Ey. Do you clean - like regularly?
Me: Not regularly but everytime it gets too dirty.
He: Damn. ... I really should start cleaning. Sometime.
Me: Yep.
He: I've also messed up buying toilet paper today. Sorry.
Me: Yep. (I've already bought some)
He: I probably also should take out the trash when I've used it.
Me: Yeah.
He: ...
Me: *Leaving the room trying to cover up a mix of smirking and quiet laughter*

It was really funny. You have to imagine him being totally serious about this but also being really trashed (he 'smokes' a lot).

He has - to this day - never cleaned anything room related ever. Not even the table he eats on.
But somewhat sadly he isn't as much of a burden that I feel like confronting him.
(He doesn't leave a trail of garbage behind, washes his own dishes and we have separate rooms as well.)

The only reason why I even remember this is because it's so hypocritical.

5 hours ago, Luccus said:

Reminds me of a conversation I had with mine 4 months after he moved in:
He: Damn. ... I really should start cleaning. Sometime.
He: I've also messed up buying toilet paper today. Sorry.
He: I probably also should take out the trash when I've used it.

The only reason why I even remember this is because it's so hypocritical.

honestly that sounds far more self-aware and honest than most; did you try to work with him at all to get him to start getting his shit together?

16 hours ago, kazooie said:

Did you try to work with him at all to get him to start getting his shit together?

When he was new I was trying to show him stuff and tried to make him someone who actually exists - has an impact - in our little commune of 2.
But doing that quickly becomes a PITA as he's painfully slow at everything. Talking, remembering, doing - just everything.

If I'd be an artist to design his fursona I'd draw a anthropomorphic package of Zolpidem.
I even was worried the first couple of days about him having some condition. I really thought he was smelling like hops for some medical reason.
Until it appeared to me he's just 'smoking' the entire time. When he isn't 'smoking' he's a really nice guy btw. But that rarely happens.

I've already told him he'd be better off quitting, but he enjoyes it so much and its so calming. At least he's "thinking about it". -_-
He forgets about his freshly brewed coffee. He forgets about his clothing left in the washing machine. Constantly.

He's just so slow, forgetful and slooow. It's simply not fun for me. Just letting him be is so much less frustrating than cleaning alone. I don't care anymore.
He (slowly) goes out with his friends. I go with mine.
He (slowly) uses his dishes and stuff. I use mine.
The only thing we really share by now are some rooms and little stuff like washing powder or the afore mentioned toilet paper.

18 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Eventually I'll have to talk to him about things.

Just do it in a friendly and self-confident way. What's the worst thing that can happen? Him stopping liking you and being a bitch about it? You already hate him.
If you are really too afraid, invite some friends to have a backup when you need it and then talk to him when you both are alone in the kitchen or somewhere else.

If he listens but still behaves like that, get one of those power conserving plugs that cut electricity to everything plugged it after a set time (like 10pm)
or setup the router to turn off the internet or WiFi after a certain hour.