Closed-Eye Hallucinations

Terminal7

Do you guys ever get these? I keep seeing fractals and other strange patterns. Even when it seems like it's something entirely natural, it feels like it bends to my whim: I can make it move & glow - stretch & shrink. The only thing that doesn't seem to change is when those lights disappear ... maybe their color, too. It's always yellow and violet, like if you stared into the sun, and then looked into a UV light. (Though, when I do stare into the sun it comes out green.)

It's amazing: the images that the brain can project. 

I thought this was common?

I used to pull the covers over my head as a kid so it would be pitch black and have a similar effect.
Except the visuals would be light figures (usually blue ones) and more distinct.

The closed-eye thing always reminded me of the combination beam doors from Metroid Prime 2.

Gray_Door.jpg.9ebc1f61b7046cf92a703d0c75

Same, I dont think theyre hallucinations so much as light marks that projects after the eyes are closed. Or something...Im no expert on this.

With mine its neon orange, yellow, green, blue, violet blobs and shapes and patterns. I cant control them though so look at you go you specier snowfrake you

When i was a kid, i'd close my eyes and lightly press my palms into my eyelids to see these crazy bright and colorful effects. i figured out how to get the same effect from staring into darkness, and yes, have (some) control over it all. Sometimes i like to put on some ambient music and 'trip' on sensory deprivation. Tune in and drop out. it's safer than drugs! Helps to visualize future art projects and inspire more writing material too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Same, I dont think theyre hallucinations so much as light marks that projects after the eyes are closed. Or something...Im no expert on this.

With mine its neon orange, yellow, green, blue, violet blobs and shapes and patterns. I cant control them though so look at you go you specier snowfrake you

They are - for the most part - actually hallucinations.

They are not hallucinations if you have rubbed your eyes or stared at something bright to cause them, though. I think they are called mechanical/pressure phosphenes then.

• Like 1

This is a very common phenomena everybody has, and allegedly if you can remain conscious while drifting off into sleep and through the phase where you see these shapes dance on the canvas made by your idle mind, you should be able to drop into a lucid dream. This is a part of a method called WILD, or Wake Initiated Lucid Dream.

Food for thought, and dreams.

• Like 1