It's 2:01 AM and I just watched Mad Max: Fury Road

Machine

Furiosa is probably the most interesting character in a mad max film, don't you think? 

No, I don't. For me the most interesting one was that nameless warboy. Seeing him developing feelings and humane features was the most interesting thing, of the few worthy in that movie.

Ah, wait... I forgot about grandmas. Best grannies ever.

Edited by Ayattar

Hate mad max. The series kind of got too ridiculous for me. 

For passing the time? Sure, alright. Since Red was floated around somewhere, she also adored the Kill bill movies. When Red and I were a thing, she desperately tried to get me into the Kill Bill movies. God, she was such a huge Tarantino fan. I also dislike most of his movies. It was seriously once a day on our two week vacation she tried to get me to watch one of 'em, but the one I hated the most was Kill Bill. This move- that she loved with all her heart- I told her to her face I hated it and I wasn't gonna placate her and sit through a nine hour marathon. Sure, she was crushed, but I was also straight to her.

Fun movie to pass the time, but not one to really analyze, I guess. I may have to watch Mad Max drunk to enjoy it.

Edited by Lemon

Tarantino is sorta a try hard imo. He's got a few tricks up his sleeve but he's mostly just a strange, strange geek. 

Django Unchained is probably the only Tarantino movie that I can say I actually enjoyed all the way through. Most of his movies have those here or there funny, clever, or memorable moments, but are for the most part just not really something I go for.

• Like 1

Kill Bill was a great movie.

I don't need a philosophical conflict to analyze to enjoy a film. I spend most of my waking hours solving problems and being a genius so any opportunity I have to watch a movie that features explosions, gratuitous violence, and tits that makes me drool like a retard is an opportunity I'll take with a smile on my face.

• Like 1

Kill Bill was a great movie.

I don't need a philosophical conflict to analyze to enjoy a film. I spend most of my waking hours solving problems and being a genius so any opportunity I have to watch a movie that features explosions, gratuitous violence, and tits that makes me drool like a retard is an opportunity I'll take with a smile on my face.

Its not necessarily that I need to analyze it or philosophize upon it for me to enjoy it, per-se. I don't watch a lot of TV or a lot of movies in general- heck I don't even have cable- so for a movie for me to sit down and enjoy it needs to scratch my brain in different ways. I never got in the mad max fandom as I'm failry young and never saw the original movies, so it didn't really stimulate me outside of 'omg explosions'

Its not necessarily that I need to analyze it or philosophize upon it for me to enjoy it, per-se. I don't watch a lot of TV or a lot of movies in general- heck I don't even have cable- so for a movie for me to sit down and enjoy it needs to scratch my brain in different ways. I never got in the mad max fandom as I'm failry young and never saw the original movies, so it didn't really stimulate me outside of 'omg explosions'

It is refreshing to not have a movie patronize me with a shallow moral conflict in the year of our lord 2015 where every director is desperately trying to create The Matrix but with even less philosophical relevance. That's really all I'm getting at, I wasn't chastising you for having preferences in movies so much as voicing my own.

Edited by Zaraphayx
  • Like 1