Rant: Customers Hygiene

Kinharia

Hello Fuzz/scalebutts. I work in a small cafe cooking and serving food. Now that in of itself is not too bad and I enjoy it a lot! However I have found that there is one particular customer that is our regular and although quite elderly and lovely, the only way I can describe her is that she hasn't bathed since 1972. I will not lie as you can smell her coming from down the street and we've had to buy not one but TWO airfreshners for when she appears, she puts off customers who come in. Unfortunately due to the law we can not exclude from coming in.

Does anyone else work in Catering/Retail where you have to deal with highly unhygienic customers? Literally this woman never bathes...

Well, I don't work in catering/retail, but after 2 or 3 days of concerts, during the festivals I'm working on, some people can be really disgusting. Luckily there are very few of them, also depending on the festival.

Alternative, pop and electronic music festivals being the cleanest and rock festivals being plain tragedy.

Hello Fuzz/scalebutts. I work in a small cafe cooking and serving food. Now that in of itself is not too bad and I enjoy it a lot! However I have found that there is one particular customer that is our regular and although quite elderly and lovely, the only way I can describe her is that she hasn't bathed since 1972. I will not lie as you can smell her coming from down the street and we've had to buy not one but TWO airfreshners for when she appears, she puts off customers who come in. Unfortunately due to the law we can not exclude from coming in.

Does anyone else work in Catering/Retail where you have to deal with highly unhygienic customers? Literally this woman never bathes...

Her name is Simone, and she hasn't showered because she's still waiting for her man.

No, I don't expect that to make sense to anyone.

Oh boy my favorites, hard to decide you know. There's the customers that come in stinking like weed, the ones that think sweaty boob money isn't disgusting, and all of your other usual suspects.

Special mentions goes to an old man who smells like beer and rotten onions that comes in.

The reigning champion continues to be that customer who obviously never washes their piercings.

I worked at university in undergraduate work studies when I was in the junior and senior years at college. We had a woman there from a country in Western Europe who was working on getting her Ph. D. did not believe in showering every single day. Granted, the country where she came from probably did not have many days which were over 100 Fahrenheit (38 C) and in most of Western Europe, many believe that people in the United States waste water bathing daily, but she needed a bath every day. She was here in 100 degree hot Texas summers where the inside of her car could be 130 or 140 degrees if parked outside in full sunlight and she sweated and stank.  

She could out-stink me after a 30 minute sweat-inducing cardio workout at the gym!

I think the worst is when you are walking and someone has obviously had something to eat with a lot of garlic, cumin and a few other strong spices the day before. If they have began to sweat, the odor can wither flowers and water my eyes! You would swear they haven't bathed in many days. You would be wrong, many pungent and acrid spices have a way of traveling through the body and out of the sweat glands and do so in such a way it smells like the body odor which has been on the body for long enough to be moist, then it dries. (GAH! This is getting gross. LOL.)