Star Fox Zero

TrishaCat

http://starfoxzero.nintendo.com/story/
Story trailer is out, and the game is coming out on the 21st of April, so I thought it was time for a thread about the game.

Anyways, based on the story trailer this game looks like 64 AGAIN. Even the outfits seem to be the team's Melee outfits, which were based on 64. I hate it. x_x

Edited by Battlechili

It's supposed to be a retelling of Star Fox 64 with added content. I do think it's lame that they went with that route again, but gosh. Oh gosh. I am looking forward to this. I LOVE Star Fox 64. I want to see their reiteration of Area 6, Aquas, Solar, Sector X... shit, I want to see it all.

3 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Story trailer is out, and the game is coming out on the 21st of April, so I thought it was time for a thread about the game.

Anyways, based on the story trailer this game looks like 64 AGAIN. Even the outfits seem to be the team's Melee outfits, which were based on 64. I hate it. x_x

Miyamoto gives no shits about outsourced games like Adventure or Super Mario Land. That's why he never added Daisy in a mainline Mario game. 

6 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

So it's a remade Star Fox 64. They already made that, for the 3DS. 

Fun game, though. Made me a furry.

vlcsnap-2014-07-05-12h02m23s84.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Battlechili said:

wat? Their melee outfits were fire and 64 is the only good starfox game. Adventures is an unspeakable abomination and assault/command are mediocre and forgettable at best. This can only bode well for them.

55 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

wat? Their melee outfits were fire and 64 is the only good starfox game. Adventures is an unspeakable abomination and assault/command are mediocre and forgettable at best. This can only bode well for them.

Now I know that's just your opinion, but unspeakable abomination might just be a little extreme, don't you think? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Now I know that's just your opinion, but unspeakable abomination might just be a little extreme, don't you think? 

When's the last time you played it? I would have said the same thing until I visited it again recently without the nostalgia goggles x3

2 hours ago, MuttButt said:

When's the last time you played it? I would have said the same thing until I visited it again recently without the nostalgia goggles x3

Yup, Impact's right, last year. And playing it again I found that I liked it more than I did the first time.

4 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

I definitely wasn't a fan of it the second time around. Hence the phrase "abomination" :P

Well I appreciate the respect you've given me by calling it an abomination again after I just said I liked it.

Just now, SirRob said:

Well I appreciate the respect you've given me by calling it an abomination again after I just said I liked it.

It's your choice to take it personally. I never said you were an idiot to for liking it, I just think it's objectively a bad game. Whether you like it or not frankly has no bearing on how I feel about the game.

What was bad about Assault and Command? Don't tell me it was the on foot missions or the bane of gay furries that is Kreestal (as if Fara, Katt, Miyu, and Fay don't exist)? I thought they were pretty swell. Assault was just really short is all and Command had shit artwork. But they weren't broken games. Adventures was mediocre in my opinion. Stellar visuals/animation, solid combat, great flight sections. Just linear with a silly plot and the whole hijacked game issue. But people act like it's Sonic 06 for the Game.Com or something. Forgettable at best. 

StarFox Zero looks pretty dang good though. Do wish it had multiplayer, but that's fine.  

Also, I'll be sticking to the game section since you lot don't make me cringe and hate this site like the rest of the forums. I did miss some of you.

On 3/26/2016 at 4:35 PM, MuttButt said:

I liked the Brawl designs best for the characters honestly. I thought the Melee outfits were too simple. And as for 64, I'm just tired of them retreading old ground. 64 3D already happened. Let it die already and move on. The last new content Star Fox got was Command, and its multiple ending thing made its canonity questionable. Plus 64 was never my favorite Star Fox game. I liked Assault a lot better and felt that it helped move the series forward and gave the player a lot of variety combat wise. It wasn't perfect, but I'd rather see the series move on from Assault and just improve upon that rather than retread old ground.

That's not to say that I don't think I'll enjoy Zero; it looks pretty gud, and I trust Platinum as a company. I just wanted something different is all.

Edited by Battlechili

I do like that the first response was literally someone saying they're buying it for fap material. 10/10

On 3/29/2016 at 4:15 PM, XoPachi said:

Also, I'll be sticking to the game section since you lot don't make me cringe and hate this site like the rest of the forums. I did miss some of you.

<3

If they're gonna ax Krystal, I kind of wish they had brought in Miyu and Faye since they are using a lot of the StarFox 2 aesthetic (thank god because I love that game even with it's poor framerate).

14 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

The controls?

What about them?

Edited by XoPachi

17 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

If they're gonna ax Krystal, I kind of wish they had brought in Miyu and Faye since they are using a lot of the StarFox 2 aesthetic (thank god because I love that game even with it's poor framerate).

What about them?

Being touch base, While everything else was to shoot.

28 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Krystal isn't axed. Just not in the timeline as of yet.

57017309e286a_krystalisnotdead.png.49c8b

That said, I'd LOVE to see Miyu and Faye in the game. Fay especially; she was adorable.

Edited by Battlechili

More gameplay footage is in!

I really love the speed and smoothness of the combat! And the quick transitioning back and forth between walker and aerial combat is amazing! Everything flows together so well and the missions look genuinely challenging! I still dont' really like how the characters look like puppets when they're talking and would prefer more talking mid battle in general though, and I don't really like the voice acting, save for Slippy's (Slippy's voice is awesome though!). Still, if anything, the gameplay looks stellar!

Edited by Battlechili

The new voice for Wolf sounds really off... I miss how he sounded in Brawl.

Also I thought Assault was great, the multiplayer especially. Does Zero even have multiplayer? A quick Google says it's just a co-op mode where two people control the same ship.

• Like 1

Just a reminder. I don't care who makes them. I don't care what the context is. I don't care about the delivery...

Barrel roll jokes aren't funny. At all. It's like the intellectual equivalent of saying "yo momma" as a comeback when you get dissed. EVERYONE is funny enough to make better jokes. Carlos Mencia is funnier than barrel roll jokes. They're terrible. 

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Just a reminder. I don't care who makes them. I don't care what the context is. I don't care about the delivery...

Barrel roll jokes aren't funny. At all. It's like the intellectual equivalent of saying "yo momma" as a comeback when you get dissed. EVERYONE is funny enough to make better jokes. Carlos Mencia is funnier than barrel roll jokes. They're terrible. 

I prefer to say "Good Luck" in that weird-ass voice. 

That's my Star Fuchs joke

8 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I prefer to say "Good Luck" in that weird-ass voice. 

That's my Star Fuchs joke

If that isn't in StarFox Zero, I'm buying a copy of the game and a Wii U just to return both in protest. Then I'm going to sue Nintendo for the equivalent in damages. That is unacceptable.

26 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

If that isn't in StarFox Zero, I'm buying a copy of the game and a Wii U just to return both in protest. Then I'm going to sue Nintendo for the equivalent in damages. That is unacceptable.

Agreed. 

I also hope there's an option to have Fox say "bedeppbehdehbepdep" like in the old days.