Fur: What to do with it

Summercat

52 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Pick up an adjustable mannequin body, start making suits and money.

I don't think I've enough fur of a single type for a good suit. xD

That and I don't know how to make one, really. :(

Edited by Summercat

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

If you can do a good stitch, all you need to do is follow a pattern, and adjust it for appropriate dimensions (most patterns will come with places you would adjust noted down, if they're worth anything.)

Also, partials are easy enough!

I've never had good luck understanding patterns. But... that WAS before my meds. I should look into that again, if there's any bodysuit and paw patterns :v

Why do you have so much fur? I don't even have that much and I make suits (I probably have more in yardage though) XD. I'd say make ear and tail sets. 

Also, what is that dark brown undercoat with light brown guard hair in the second photo. It's really pretty. 

Also, I hand sew all my costumes so it is super doable. If you don't already, learn the blanket stitch and ladder stitch. 

10 hours ago, Misomie said:

Why do you have so much fur? I don't even have that much and I make suits (I probably have more in yardage though) XD. I'd say make ear and tail sets. 

Also, what is that dark brown undercoat with light brown guard hair in the second photo. It's really pretty. 

Also, I hand sew all my costumes so it is super doable. If you don't already, learn the blanket stitch and ladder stitch. 

The blanket stich is actually one I naturally developed. As for why do I have so much fur, its because I once had asperations of making a tail and a suit, as well as a "less than a yard" online fur sales. My output never quite matched my purchases.

I don't remember where I got the dark/light brown fur from. Probably one of the Los Angeles Fabric District locations. 

50 minutes ago, Summercat said:

Depends on which ones. I'm hesistant to sell the 'realistics' in the second picture, but the rest can be easily replaced (and the white/black in the realistics as well)

Awww those are exactly the ones I wanted too :/ 

Had to try...

On 4/21/2016 at 3:34 PM, Misomie said:

Actually I think you can make a full body of it.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16617464/

I made this suit with a yard of gray, quarter yard of white, half yard of royal blue, one yard of turquoise, and a yard of black.

Oh, I've got way more than that in the fabric. 

It's just. Time, energy, knowledge, space. :|

• 1 month later...