Rave: We got pussy

Vallium

So @Johanna Waya and I recently went to the club to get some

...I volunteer at the SPCA animal shelter and we got cats :D

It's cool because I've never had a cat before and let me tell you, these two are turning out to be the stereotypical cat. I mean damn it's only been a few hours and they crawled into spaces they weren't supposed to, laid in our sinks, climbed on everything, sat on our windowsills, aaaaaaand on my laptop keyboard before I could post to Phoenix.

Agave is with me right now chilling beside me as I type so I have to say it's definitely worth the cost and the rambunctiousness.

But yeah, we got two sisters, both tortoiseshells. I mean I kind of fell in love with one because she's beautiful and super sweet. Since we decided to get two we also got her sister. Originally they were Justice and Echo, but the first thing that caught me was how bright and vivid Aloe's (was going to name her Agave but it's her sister's name now) eye's were so I decided to name her after the nectar that I think tastes really good and we decided on Agave and Aloe

...also we made pizza and pancakes so it's a good day. The end. :3

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

In my experience they all twitch and pull away and I dont blame them because Id do the exact same thing 

In my experience they claw and bite. I've managed to condition my cat to not use her claws on me, but she still will if I put my hand on her rear feet or belly.

20160417_205959.jpg

yeah these are cats for sure.

I also got them collars today, not just to tell them apart because we already can (Agave has a half-face pattern and black back paws and Aloe has tan black paws and solid face)

Theyre adjusting pretty well and their personalities are showing. Agave is wild and has an adventurous streak, such as venturing out onto the porch or trying to dart out the front door, whereas Aloe has been more reserved and likes hiding spots, but is just as cuddly and likes to lick your face. Both like licking your face actually, and on more than one occassion have lounged on the couch together with us

Agave has been a pain in the butt already and has been trying to get into my food multiple times. Turns out she has a taste for barbecue sauce and turkey meat whereas her sister does not. 

I think it was Aloe but turns out she's scared of her own reflection and it was hilarious to watch

Both are pretty tame and will let you pick themup without much fusswhich is really cool.

On 4/17/2016 at 7:49 AM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

In my experience they all twitch and pull away and I dont blame them because Id do the exact same thing 

My boys are pretty funny like this. Rawrz doesn't care, I can touch him in any of the typical "angry" spots and he does nothing, no kicking or twitching or being upset at all (the exception being his belly, but only when he's being really playful - normally he doesn't mind). Nom on the other hand... If I can catch him in a super snuggly mood, I can do anything I want to him too, as long as it's not for an excessive amount of time. Any other time? Nope. His feet, back legs, sides, belly (most of the time) and sometimes even his front paws are off limits. He'll even protest squeak and act like I'm hurting him if I try to pick him up when he doesn't want anything to do with me. Luckily he's a very snuggly cat normally, but sometimes he's pissy randomly and much of the time he's kinda in the middle where he'll start out snuggly but will turn quickly to not so snuggly if I dare do something wrong.

Cats are awesome.

Awww~ 

I used to have a cat, named Casey. I adopted him as a kitten at some pet store. Used to tear up my chair, but it was an ugly chair anyway, so I didn't care. I always cuddled with him in bed together, until one day, I woke up, and he was gone. I was depressed for a whole month.

20 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I adopted a tortoise shell DSH just today! :D

13072726_10209420479372092_686201703226159405_o.jpg

Shes so cute 0w0 Looks like we weren't the only ones. Hahaha!

On 4/20/2016 at 1:14 AM, 6tails said:

Cute kitties. Now to see if they'll sleep in the bed with you!

Aloe crawls under the covers and purrs a lot >w> its awesome