Alien: Isolation Art Book and Others

DrGravitas

Just recently acquired the art book for the beautiful (but brutally unfair) game Alien: Isolation. The art is absolutely sublime and so detailed. You can really see how much work the artists put into it and the text provides some insights into their creative process.

20160510_120529.jpg

I love a good art book and videogame art books can be especially beautiful, like this one or Mass Effect, or The Order: 1886. What art books (videogame or otherwise) do you treasure?

• Like 1

The Alien series has always had such interesting artwork. Its gorgeous and its awesome you have that!

And yes! I have quite a few artbooks that I'm particularly fond of. Little Tail Bronx Archives 1: Bluesky (Solatorobo artbook), Little Tail Bronx Archives 3: Starlet (Solatorobo artbook), Hyrule Historia (Legend of Zelda artbook), and The Kemono Book (general Japanese furry artbook).

Picture0511161412_1.jpgartbooks.jpg

Above all else I love my Solatorobo artbooks though. They are full of such gorgeous artwork and go into great detail on the world of the game. There's so much lore put into it its incredible the amount of time and effort that was had for it. Each book is 300+ pages in size and there are three of them total! (I only have two though) Its a shame I can't read it though. Almost all of it is in Japanese, with a few bits in French and English here and there.

Picture0511161427_1.jpg

I intend to get the Valkyria Chronicles artbooks someday.

• Like 1

I love art books. 

I have to resist them. They are expensive and I know I'd look at them for a few hours and then they'd sit on a shelf collecting dust forever. 

So I look at them at shows and conventions but I stick to buying original art instead. 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2016 at 3:47 AM, #00Buck said:

I love art books. 

I have to resist them. They are expensive and I know I'd look at them for a few hours and then they'd sit on a shelf collecting dust forever. 

So I look at them at shows and conventions but I stick to buying original art instead. 

Hey, I never knew that. I was always under the impression that you were on this fandom forum only for keks.

Wanna show us some things you have?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

Hey, I never knew that. I was always under the impression that you were on this fandom forum only for keks.

Wanna show us some things you have?

At current count I have 205 pieces of original art from comic book and furry artists. The vast majority is comic book art. 

I'm waiting on a piece from Furnal Equinox and another one from the last Comic Con I went to. 

I'll be getting more art at TCAF this weekend. 

Maybe I'll show some of the new pieces off. 

• Like 2