Favorite Bad Movies

Osrik

So, for those who are fans of the types of movies that are "so bad they're good", whether they be low budget 60s monster/sci-fi, the deluge of bad sci-fi in the 70s-80s following Star Wars' success, or the modern low budget Sci Fi Channel original movie, what are your personal favorite bad movies?

For me, I think that Plan 9 From Outer Space is probably my top favorite, as though it is one of the more commonly listed ones, it is quite an experience, with a bizarre plot, a hilariously incompetent alien menace, horrible effects, and even an inability to keep it consistently night or day between shots.

After this, it is a close competition between the well known 1980 version of Flash Gordon and the more obscure Starcrash. Both are quintessential 70s-80s bad sci-fi, I think I would have to put Starcrash above Flash Gordon, as its plot, props, and dialog are even worse, and Flash Gordon is lacking a scene of David Hasselhoff fighting stop-motion robots with a lightsaber:

StarcrashRobotFencing.jpg

So, what are your favorite bad movies?

It doesn't fit in with your parameters since it's kinda newish, but Dragonball Evolution is hilariously bad. If it is on, I will watch it and I will start drinking. They got everything so wrong with the source material that, I dunno, it just makes me laugh because gaaaaaaaaaaaawd is it not a good movie.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

So what's the metric for 'bad' here? Failed at the box office, personal taste, what?

The later, basically any movies that you enjoy because of/in spite of considering various aspects of it being bad (acting, special effects, writing, etc.) by your own opinion, usually because their failings make them humorous.

I find that there is a difference between movies that are simply bad and ones that are humorous in how bad they are, though this can be a fine line.

Just now, Osrik said:

The later, basically any movies that you enjoy because of/in spite of considering various aspects of it being bad (acting, special effects, writing, etc.) by your own opinion, usually because their failings make them humorous.

I find that there is a difference between movies that are simply bad and ones that are humorous in how bad they are, though this can be a fine line.

Ah okay, because I tend to find the flash gordon movie pretty good, but then again I love BRIAN BLESSED to death.

I always had an affinity for Independance Day. It's a dumb and loud sci-fi flick and as a European the whole theme of "FUCK YEAH AMERICA" is incredibly funny to me :) Can't wait for the sequel! It will be pure trash!

I also really like Armageddon for pretty much the same reasons.

a4dE9Rm_700b.jpg

It just makes no fucking sense and I love it! :D