Themes - yay

Summercat

Man, this "Shades-Dark" theme is really... not very good x.x

It makes a lot of text way harder to read than it should be, and I'm not very fond of those gradients on the side.
But yay for progress?

BlueBoh is nice, though. I'll test it out a bit more before commenting on it

Edited by ChaosCalix

I marked both as BETA for now, there are issues to fix up, my guess is that some elements like those AJAX popups share the same white-text tag that other areas are using. So perhaps just making those popups a different colour would resolve some of that. At least before I start editing the HTML itself.

Should we junk the ShadesGray theme? Do feel free to search that site for other themes that might make a better base - and of course - if someone wants to create a new skin from scratch I am all for that, if it can be done with mostly CSS changes.

Another place BlueBoh breaks is in quotes. The colour of links/hyperlinks is the same as the background used in quotes (which is way too bright anyway imo)... though that seems known xP

Also, I think leaving Shades for now would be fine, but if there's no real positive response to it after a day or two, maybe it should just be junked and replaced. I could make a new skin, but knowing how often I overlook things, it'd probably be full of oversights and I'd need to fix a hundred and one things before it's ready for use.

Edited by ChaosCalix

I marked both as BETA for now, there are issues to fix up, my guess is that some elements like those AJAX popups share the same white-text tag that other areas are using. So perhaps just making those popups a different colour would resolve some of that. At least before I start editing the HTML itself.

Should we junk the ShadesGray theme? Do feel free to search that site for other themes that might make a better base - and of course - if someone wants to create a new skin from scratch I am all for that, if it can be done with mostly CSS changes.

I might play with some CSS themes tomorrow I use to have to come up with themes for forums years ago so hopefully I can figure something out Any prefered colors?  Might also see if I can find Blueboh and alter some of the issues that are up.  I think the issue I posted about might actually be a setting per the forum issue rather than a true theme bug.  I'll look though see what I can figure out. 

Edited by Chinona

I might play with some CSS themes tomorrow I use to have to come up with themes for forums years ago so hopefully I can figure something out Any prefered colors?  Might also see if I can find Blueboh and alter some of the issues that are up.  I think the issue I posted about might actually be a setting per the forum issue rather than a true theme bug.  I'll look though see what I can figure out. 

The quote-box is on the list of things, though, I can change the hyperlink colour to something else.

Forum descriptions also fixed, it's a case of copying text also copying the background and having that pasting and being translated as a highlight colour.

Edited by Carenath

Mmm, it indeed does! Plus if it includes flames I will be even happier! It would be cool, and if needed I might even make such a thing - that is if everyone doesn't mind me not being as artsy as the next fur. xD

I am more functionality oriented versus design but I can still give it a shot. I do at least have some experiences with designing themes for my own site. Images might be someone else's stronger suite than me.

Everything can be in comic sans

And what is we also had mouse clicks sound like bike horns if we're really wanting to use such a font? Maybe even random glitter falling down with a snow fall script and cake that disappears because the party isn't real. You imagined the whole thing! How sad. :P

Sometimes my ideas scare me...

• Like 3