RANT: Every time i use the restroom at work.

PlusThirtyOne

Why is it that EVERY time i use the restroom at work, there's ALWAYS at least one jackass who is either too impatient or somehow thinks it's funny to smash their shoulder into the door and attempts to hammer it the fuck open. What if i forgot to lock the door?! Do you really need to burst into the restroom at such breakneck speed?! Jeezus Kryst, man, why don't you just try to turn the knob a little, eh? if it turns, inch the door open and check if the light is on. Wait for an objection or silence before kicking down the goddam door!! Not even so much as a, "Anybody in there?".

Nothing is more terrifying than sitting in silence in a wide open shitter by yourself with pants around your ankles, then SUDDENLY THERE'S A LOUD THUD AT THE DOOR!! POUND POUND POUND!! SMASH SMASH POUND!! it sounds like a zombie outbreak on the other side of the door for a brief moment. The doorknob twists and rattles, unable to turn. The unyielding door rumbles, reverbing off the echoey bathroom walls. SMASH SMASH POUND POUND POUND!!!
Then silence again.

Every.

Fucking.

Time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

Nothing is more terrifying than sitting in silence in a wide open shitter by yourself with pants around your ankles, then SUDDENLY THERE'S A LOUD THUD AT THE DOOR!! POUND POUND POUND!! SMASH SMASH POUND!!

cmGndrC.gif

• Like 3

Maybe YOU'RE the jackass who uses the toilet to urinate rather than be a real man and use the urinal and on top of using a whole stall to urinate you miss all the time and get it all over the toilet seat. Maybe your co-workers just want to go in there and help you with your aiming.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Instead of complaining in the internet yell at them and tell them not to do it anymore. 

1 minute ago, Frig said:

Maybe YOU'RE the jackass who uses the toilet to urinate rather than be a real man and use the urinal and on top of using a whole stall to urinate you miss all the time and get it all over the toilet seat. Maybe your co-workers just want to go in there and help you with your aiming.

Unfortunately it's a full blown one-person bathroom getup with no urinal. The door is huge, metal and super thick. Nobody can hear you inside or outside when the door is closed. Yelling would do nothing but deafen myself and there's no way of knowing which of my 20+ male coworkers it could be. And well...you know...bitching on the internet solves everything. Right?

8 minutes ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

Unfortunately it's a full blown one-person bathroom getup with no urinal. The door is huge, metal and super thick. Nobody can hear you inside or outside when the door is closed. Yelling would do nothing but deafen myself and there's no way of knowing which of my 20+ male coworkers it could be. And well...you know...bitching on the internet solves everything. Right?

If the door is that massive pushing it with your shoulder to open it is perfectly justified. 

Who puts a bathroom in a bank vault?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

The door is huge, metal and super thick. Nobody can hear you inside or outside when the door is closed. Yelling would do nothing but deafen myself

Maybe they make it soundproof so that people can release stress by yelling really loud in there

It's not a bug, it's a feature

8 hours ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

Well, good to know the patriarchy is responsible for bathroom door pounding. 

SJW level over 9K.

• Like 2

well, that went interesting places...

nobody ever knocked at my old job.  they just tried to come in, and when jiggling the handle didn't work because it was locked, they banged on it and tried even harder and yelled to the nearest person that the door was locked for some unknown reason.  like it was unfathomable that someone might be in the bathroom.  i don't get it.