3:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. >:c

I've never edited a video before, at least not succesfully.

For two god damn hours I've been staring at my mac trying to add the number 1 into the bottom left corner of the video in a 2-second period.

All that I accomplished is finding out how knot to achieve basic editing skills.

It's litterally called Video Editting for Dummies.

What the fuck.

6 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

There's your first problem.

q3e.jpg

I've gotten the software running, I'm just too idiotic to figure out how it works.

5 hours ago, Zytan said:

Done very little myself, can you not add a layer on top of the video that's only visible/exists for those two seconds?

I've been trying. I'm not sure if it's supposed to, but there's a 9 button layout pad that lets you choose where the text would go on the screen. Every time I choose it to be in one of the corners, the text disappears from the actual video, but not when it's anywhere else. That's not the reason I'm stuck, though.

14 hours ago, Conker said:

Well let's start at the beginning: What software are you using?

Some thing called NCH VideoPad. I got it awhile ago.

8 hours ago, Revates said:

Hmmmm. I normally just avoid all computer related problems. Have you considered avoiding it?

The fact that I'll be able to figure it out with help filled me with determination.

19 minutes ago, TheGreatFanatic said:

The fact that I'll be able to figure it out with help filled me with determination.

Didn't your mac come with iMovie?

It's super easy. 

People's grandparents are making videos. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatFanatic said:

Never heard of it. I'd start with some youtube tutorials and go from there. Or pony up the money for Adobe Premier Elements. I'ts like a hundred bucks and pretty spiffy for the price

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=NCH+videopad

Or if it's a one time thing, rent it for a month.

3 hours ago, TheGreatFanatic said:

Totally know what that is.

500x_steve_jobs_sad.jpg

Seriously, if you actually have a Mac, and you bought it new, you should have it. It's not the most customizable thing in the world by any means, but it's made to be easy to use. 

But if you bought it used, you probably don't have it. It's like 15 bucks on the Mac AppStore I think; don't quote me on that tho. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

500x_steve_jobs_sad.jpg

Seriously, if you actually have a Mac, and you bought it new, you should have it. It's not the most customizable thing in the world by any means, but it's made to be easy to use. 

But if you bought it used, you probably don't have it. It's like 15 bucks on the Mac AppStore I think; don't quote me on that tho. 

It's an OS X from like 2013, got it new. Looked in both Launchpad and Finder, not there.

Just now, TheGreatFanatic said:

Never bought things on the app store on here, only on an iPod I had last year. 

-Me 2016

They may actually be in there though. If the device was set up properly when you bought it, the program should have been registered to your Apple ID. 

14 minutes ago, TheGreatFanatic said:

Thanks.

Still haven't added the #1 yet tho.

DId you look at any tutorials for the program you do have? Have you considered buying a Adobe Premiere for a month for like, I dunno, twenty bucks?

I'm not going to learn how to use this program just to tell you how. Fucking google that shit. If you can't find anything, then the program can't do what you want. Some aren't made for anything more than stringing videos together and putting music under them (windows movie maker).

Get Final Cut. I think it's free for Mac users now and it's honestly a lot easier to use once you get the basics down

I'm not entirely sure how your thing works, but in most editors you should be able to add a text box over whatever clip you're editing and then move the box around to wherever you want it. that's at least how the three I've used worked