Why do we see more female protagonists in stories more often than male protagonists?

VGmaster9

I think its more people trying to do what they want to see more of. If you see it, most non-furry media has an overwhelming male bias when it comes to protags. It could also be because tropes for women allow more things like emotional vulnerability and shit like that... but I genuinely think the biggest, actual reason is because furry male artists tend to draw the sexy women they either wish they could be, fuck, or both. Most furry women are perfect hourglass figures with helium hooters and some kind of fox or cat and its well uh.. people like what they like. 

its the artists that draw a lot of gay that you follow for the good shit. (doxy my man)

I thought it was the opposite actually, that there are more male protagonists than female ones (in media in general that is). I honestly never paid any attention to the male-female protagonist ratio within the furry fandom

yeah I'm pretty sure there are way more gay dog stories but I really don't read furry stories so nor does it bother me

54 minutes ago, VGmaster9 said:

Is it because they can have more open personalities?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........what?

Just now, willow said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........what?

Culturally, as well as in popular media, females are expected to be more likely to speak with respect to feelings.

It's not meant to be a sexist thing. Language theorists and professors such as Deborah Tannen literally dedicate their lives to researching these kinds of patterns.

11 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Culturally, as well as in popular media, females are expected to be more likely to speak with respect to feelings.

It's not meant to be a sexist thing. Language theorists and professors such as Deborah Tannen literally dedicate their lives to researching these kinds of patterns.

oh I'm aware. but the way that question was worded was kind of awkward and kind of implied guys can't be open at all

which is only partially true

3 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Pretty much this. I like that there are many female protagonists in furry stories, was just curious why there are.

2 hours ago, VGmaster9 said:

Really? Cause I thought it's the other way around.

https://sites.google.com/site/anthropomorphicresearch/past-results/anthrocon-2015

"In fact, while the furry fandom, as a whole, is predominantly male (about 75%), artists in the furry fandom are almost equally predominantly female, with about 75% of furry artists self-identifying as such."

Granted, these stats are just from Dealer's Den at Anthrocon, but they're consistent with what I've seen in other places.

I'm a furry writer, and male, and in my stories, the characters are almost all male, though their sexuality varies...I sometimes find it hard to write female characters, and they often tend to be rather villainous, when they do appear. Freud would probably have something to say about this.