Idea for an adult oriented TV channel

VGmaster9

How would you like to see a channel that would be an even bigger and crazier version of the glory days of MTV?

Things like music, sports, comedy, drama, animation, reality TV, game shows, pro wrestling, talk shows, documentaries, gaming, etc would be featured on the channel.

The music covered would include certain forms of rock, some hip hop, metal, hardcore, industrial, goth, electronic, etc. It wouldn't go on the mainstream stuff. There would also be coverage of certain concerts and festivals.

Sports would include extreme sports, televised sports (kinda like Slamball and Real Pro Wrestling), E-sports, and combat sports.

Comedy shows would include stand up, prank shows, sketch comedy, mockumentaries, and sitcoms.

Drama shows would be in the class of ones seen on FX and HBO, in terms of writing and acting. Miniseries and TV movies would also be included.

Animated shows would be for mature audiences, kinda like Adult Swim and such. Some anime would also be covered.

There would be all kinds of reality shows, including competitive shows, hidden camera shows, documentary-style shows, legal shows, renovation shows, etc.

For wrestling, both WWE and TNA would be covered, even RoH as well.

There would also be shows related to gaming, like from the old G4.

The channel's style would have a sense of attitude, in an extremely politically incorrect sort of way.

Do tv channels have that various amount of content? I thought TV was exclusive to a certain genre

Eh, besides, nobody turns on the tv only to watch the 32nd episode of their favorite show at 6pm when they could be watching any episode at anytime they want by bingewatching the thing

No one would ever make that because A, there's already other long-established networks that cover these niches (Adult swim, Comedy Central, Spike TV, etc).

B, because in an age where less and less people are watching their favorite shows on traditional cable (via streaming services like Netflix and Hulu) people are way more hesitant to invest in something like that. Especially one geared so heavily towards young men, AKA the demographic most rapidly turning away from cable.

Just use the internet like everyone else and save your money.

1 hour ago, ArielMT said:

That sounds like what The New TNN did during their transition to Spike TV.

Remember Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party? lmao

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Do tv channels have that various amount of content? I thought TV was exclusive to a certain genre

Eh, besides, nobody turns on the tv only to watch the 32nd episode of their favorite show at 6pm when they could be watching any episode at anytime they want by bingewatching the thing

Well, the old Spike TV and MTV were kinda like that.

Also, there would be numerous syndicated shows, such as American Gladiators and Fear Factor.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:32 AM, LazerMaster5 said:

Sounds like too much going on at once. Have you ever heard of YouTube?

Don't see anything wrong with content being the equivalent of Youtube being showcased on TV. It would give it better exposure.

Also, one of the animated shows could be a furry show.

Why watch television channels when you can just watch whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want?
I've literally zero interest in scheduling my entertainment indulgence around someone else's timeslots. That's why I don't have cable.

Also:

music, sports, comedy, drama, animation, reality TV, game shows, pro wrestling, talk shows, documentaries, gaming

4/11 interests.
64% stuff I wouldn't bother with anyway.

38 minutes ago, VGmaster9 said:

Don't see anything wrong with content being the equivalent of Youtube being showcased on TV. It would give it better exposure.

We already have that on network television.
It's Tosh.0.