Eggdodger

I love Team Fortress! I play it almost every week, sometimes on a daily basis. It's good to fallback on whenever I'm bored of my other games, and even better with friends. I've mained medic ever since I started playing, but I've hopped to other classes now and then as well (My latest fascination has been with Scout).

How do you guys like it? What are your favorite classes?

• Like 1

Hello, everyone who has gathered for another meeting at Fortressers Anonymous. My name is DrDingo, and I'm a TF2 addict.

Boy, am I glad someone made this thread. Demoman main here. I'm also pretty glued to Heavy and Scout, but hey. It's fun to dick about as any class. Let's get this thread party moving!

Hello, everyone who has gathered for another meeting at Fortressers Anonymous. My name is DrDingo, and I'm a TF2 addict.

Wait, I thought this was for foresters! Dammit I'm in the wrong thread! >:C

I'm a medic main, pretty rare sight in pubs. I jus t love that difference healing your team makes to your performance, especially in MvM. I never really understood why people hesitate to play that class. It's the most rewarding and going combat medic in valve servers is just the best. You are the second fastest class, you regenerate health and your melee crits all the time and has a nonsensical reach. Not only that, but you are the only god-tier class due to being able to heal other players, as well as crit-boost.

Medic is a really underrated class in pubs, since you can be either a dickhead or a team player and still have fun.

Edited by Sar
  • Like 3

Wait, I thought this was for foresters! Dammit I'm in the wrong thread! >:C

I'm a medic main, pretty rare sight in pubs. I jus t love that difference healing your team makes to your performance, especially in MvM. I never really understood why people hesitate to play that class. It's the most rewarding and going combat medic in valve servers is just the best. You are the second fastest class, you regenerate health and your melee crits all the time and has a nonsensical reach. Not only that, but you are the only god-tier class due to being able to heal other players, as well as crit-boost.

Medic is a really underrated class in pubs, since you can be either a dickhead or a team player and still have fun.

I think the problem is a lot of people don't figure out all the little quirks of medic. They don't figure out how to aim their syringe shots to compensate for arcing, or how the quick-fix makes battle medic 10x more versatile and fun, or that they should probably melee if they think they're boned (ha) anyways because chances are they'll get a crit.

I think the problem is a lot of people don't figure out all the little quirks of medic. They don't figure out how to aim their syringe shots to compensate for arcing, or how the quick-fix makes battle medic 10x more versatile and fun, or that they should probably melee if they think they're boned (ha) anyways because chances are they'll get a crit.

Not only that. But medic hardly ever gets buffed/nerfed. Which keeps it consistently on top. No one bitches about the Solemn-vow! But the Loch-n-load? Anarchy!

Not only that. But medic hardly ever gets buffed/nerfed. Which keeps it consistently on top. No one bitches about the Solemn-vow! But the Loch-n-load? Anarchy!

Well, ArraySeven had something to say about it. More of an "I told you so" because he sticks to default bonesaw anyways.

The loch was overpowered as fuck. It deserved being smitten - it defeated the purpose of playing 7 out of the 9 classes when combined to a hybrid-demoknight setup.

As someone who has been using it as a primary for years, I can definitely agree. It was overpowered. Now it's balanced, but still good.

If you wanna take out snipers or sentry nests, this thing is literally the bomb.
The increased projectile speed is the real winner because the pill goes further. You can shoot at a sentry from out of its range, and pick off various targets from afar. All at the cost of one less grenade and no rollers. (:

As someone who has been using it as a primary for years, I can definitely agree. It was overpowered. Now it's balanced, but still good.

If you wanna take out snipers or sentry nests, this thing is literally the bomb.
The increased projectile speed is the real winner because the pill goes further. You can shoot at a sentry from out of its range, and pick off various targets from afar. All at the cost of one less grenade and no rollers. (:

I need rollers to play Demoman competently whatsoever, so I stick to stock grenade launcher, usually xD I'm okay with it taking two hits to kill most classes instead of one.

I'm not questioning its capability at all. It is a good weapon against the F2P engie nest. Two pills and all their shit is levelled - especially since they have a habit of building near each other. Its just you feel like you're cheating when you use it against classes vulnerable to it like scout and heavy.

I'm not questioning its capability at all. It is a good weapon against the F2P engie nest. Two pills and all their shit is levelled - especially since they have a habit of building near each other. Its just you feel like you're cheating when you use it against classes vulnerable to it like scout and heavy.

Well, it's in the job description of both of those classes to get the hell out of there if you see trouble you can't handle.

And hey, ignoring the question of "can I handle it?" is basically the number one reason why new players tend to go out and die a lot.

Well, it's in the job description of both of those classes to get the hell out of there if you see trouble you can't handle.

And hey, ignoring the question of "can I handle it?" is basically the number one reason why new players tend to go out and die a lot.

If Scout can't handle it: runs away and weaves with double jumps, you never catch him

If Heavy can't handle it: runs away, you chase, he blows up -or- he revs down because he'll die anyways and blows up

Main reason I carry Family Business as Heavy: I like being able to move more than a few inches a second if I need to run away and defend myself. GRU just makes you even more vulnerable.

If Scout can't handle it: runs away and weaves with double jumps, you never catch him

If Heavy can't handle it: runs away, you chase, he blows up -or- he revs down because he'll die anyways and blows up

Main reason I carry Family Business as Heavy: I like being able to move more than a few inches a second if I need to run away and defend myself. GRU just makes you even more vulnerable.

Family business is a great choice when you combine it with the KGB. Provided you "card count" the opponents health, you can have crits forever and health to boost. It makes the Buffalo Steak useless in comparison to the might of the mobster heavy.

Oh nice we have a tf2 thread now.

Also on the subject of heavy, what's considered good now? I asked because gunmettle shook up everything alot. Personally I stick with the stock , sandvhich and the GRU although I never play heavy. 

Spy/pyro main if anybody's wondering.

Stock's a lovely all-rounder, even without that resistance buff you get from other miniguns. And the sandvich is a must for all standard heavy loadouts, because it saves your bacon really well in dire situations. People often come up to you asking for health too, which you can't give if you have a shotgun on you, leaving them to burn and die.
You monster

Stock's a lovely all-rounder, even without that resistance buff you get from other miniguns. And the sandvich is a must for all standard heavy loadouts, because it saves your bacon really well in dire situations. People often come up to you asking for health too, which you can't give if you have a shotgun on you, leaving them to burn and die.You monster

I'll be honest, because I'm a bad team player on pubs I'd probably just laugh at the poor scout as I devour my delicious sandvich as he slowly roasts to perfection.

So yes I'm a monster :V

I'll be honest, because I'm a bad team player on pubs I'd probably just laugh at the poor scout as I devour my delicious sandvich as he slowly roasts to perfection.

So yes I'm a monster :V

It's okay, boy. So long as you confess your sins, you won't end up in TF2 hell. :v

Oh yeah, there's something I got delivered today from Redbubble that I thought I'd show to you people. Since you're all probably just as nuts as I am about this kinda stuff.

20150929_161442-1.thumb.jpg.9c42206c625c

Totally the best phone case I've ever wasted money on. (:

If you ever catch someone stealing your phone you now have to scream "ALERT! THE ENEMY HAS TAKEN MY INTELLIGENCE" Then dive at them to get your phone back. :v

I can see it now:

"EWW dude, was that a jar of piss? I just wanted to look at your lock screen!"

Edited by DrDingo
  • Like 1

Oh nice we have a tf2 thread now.

Also on the subject of heavy, what's considered good now? I asked because gunmettle shook up everything alot. Personally I stick with the stock , sandvhich and the GRU although I never play heavy. 

Spy/pyro main if anybody's wondering.

Just so you know, when Brass Beast and Natascha are spun down, they give you 20% damage resistance to all damage. That means snipers can no longer kill you with a fully charged headshot if you're overhealed. That's a big deal. It's near impossible to kill a Brass Beast heavy at close range now, if it were very possible before.

*sitting awkwardly to the side and sweating nervously*  It's times like this that I wish my computer could run the PC version of the game better...I am a huge fan of Team Fortress 2, but said computer difficulties have limited me to playing the Xbox 360's version that came on the Orange Box.  Based on that, the classes that I am best at tend to be, in order, Engineer, Pyro, Medic, and Demoman.

Engineer is typically the class I have the best luck with, because unfortunately I can't hit the broad side of a barn and I like to defend more than I do attack.  Granted that the Xbox version of the game isn't as challenging, and I'd probably get my ass handed to me when I finally can play the PC version, but I usually end up being one of the few core support members because of how stubbornly I hold my post.  Even better when I have someone being my Pyro buddy because I am constantly paranoid of Spies.

In that vein, Pyro is my absolute favorite class and character.  Because of my tendency to hang back and defend, I will usually stick with Engineers to keep Spies off their backs, ambush the enemy players when they try to attack, and in general being a paranoid Spy-checker patrolling the area.  That, and the flamethrower doesn't require too much aiming to use.  Win-win in my case.

Medic and Demoman are tied in my book.  I don't mind being support only on maps, because a Medic can be more useful when people are trying to hold the line than joining the fray as another Soldier or Sniper.  Medic is my go-to class when my team is going after control points.  Demoman is my go-to for defending control points, because lobbing explosives around tricky corners and laying down sticky bombs at least buys everyone else some time to form a better defense.

So yeah, my experiences on the Xbox version of the game.  I really can't wait until I can join everyone on the PC.  I feel like I'm missing out a lot.

Just so you know, when Brass Beast and Natascha are spun down, they give you 20% damage resistance to all damage. That means snipers can no longer kill you with a fully charged headshot if you're overhealed. That's a big deal. It's near impossible to kill a Brass Beast heavy at close range now, if it were very possible before.

Its still possible for a decent scout to do it, just take advantage of the common knowledge that no one looks up in tf2. Unless they have a brain, you can just sit on their head and melee them senseless. Always funny to do to gibus heavies too

Its still possible for a decent scout to do it, just take advantage of the common knowledge that no one looks up in tf2. Unless they have a brain, you can just sit on their head and melee them senseless. Always funny to do to gibus heavies too

"Huh? Where'd he go? Secondly, why am I taking damage? Must be a sniper!"

And Senpai-Fish, no worries! If you've been playing the game for a while, you should be able to do just fine when you make the switch to PC. You can even play with an Xbox controller if you have trouble using a keyboard & mouse (although I would personally recommend you try to switch for the sake of better accuracy in the long run).

"Huh? Where'd he go? Secondly, why am I taking damage? Must be a sniper!"
And Senpai-Fish, no worries! If you've been playing the game for a while, you should be able to do just fine when you make the switch to PC. You can even play with an Xbox controller if you have trouble using a keyboard & mouse (although I would personally recommend you try to switch for the sake of better accuracy in the long run).

I hope so!  Learning the keyboard controls shouldn't be too difficult since I've had practice in Neverwinter Online (one of the few games my computer can run with minimal lag), but I am certainly more comfortable using a controller if given the option.  Thanks for the encouragement ^_^

^ Powerhouse is fantastic but my favourite map from the update is Suijin. It single-handedly got me into playing KotH maps, just stuck to Attack/Defence and CP before that. 

I burn things, and shotgun things, and hit things with a rake. Or i did, played Pyro more than anything but recently i've gotten into Soldier since i learned to rocket jump off walls and such. Getting 5-10 killstreaks is so much easier with a rocket launcher than a flamethrower too. Haven't been playing as much recently because contracts sapped some of the fun out of the game though.

TF2 is one of the few games I'm actually relatively good at :P

KfwKgDE.jpg

That's one of my better sessions that I could find. It's from a while back, though.

Damn that's an average/low score for me, i think in my best round i scored 174 odd points but i didn't save a screenshot. ¬¬

I play mainly Heavy or Medic. I prefer the medic, but the players tend to pick the idiotic classes so I can't play it effectively most of the time.

Solo Heavy or in the many cases my K/D reaches such heights I get a ton of medics buzzing around me. It's entertaining, really.

The worst part about playing Medic tends to be the people who WON'T.  STOP.  FUCKING.  CALLING.  Especially when they are at full health I mean good lord SHUT UP!

"I svear to Gott if you are not dead or dying vhen I come over zhere, I VILL KILL YOU MYSELF!" <- What I'm usually screaming at the screen.

The worst part about playing Medic tends to be the people who WON'T.  STOP.  FUCKING.  CALLING.  Especially when they are at full health I mean good lord SHUT UP!

"I svear to Gott if you are not dead or dying vhen I come over zhere, I VILL KILL YOU MYSELF!" <- What I'm usually screaming at the screen.

I don't even mind, I just follow the red crosses that pop up on low health. I just hate how whenever I want to go and blast my medibeam about and stab folk with a saw, I have a team that consists of engineers, snipers and spies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The enemy is in the beam!

Really liking the invasion update, it's gotten me back into playing the game after the frustration of being forced to play on certain maps/as certain classes past the point it was fun just to complete contracts turned me off for a while. It's gotten me into playing CtF and i really hope the introduction of Byre means Valve are going to add Arena to the list of gamemodes properly.

Also Probed is my new favourite map, mini crit giving spaceships and getting to see random players reactions to this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=533587154 What's not to love.

The enemy is in the beam!

Really liking the invasion update, it's gotten me back into playing the game after the frustration of being forced to play on certain maps/as certain classes past the point it was fun just to complete contracts turned me off for a while. It's gotten me into playing CtF and i really hope the introduction of Byre means Valve are going to add Arena to the list of gamemodes properly.

Also Probed is my new favourite map, mini crit giving spaceships and getting to see random players reactions to this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=533587154 What's not to love.

I really hope Valve adds an official arena playlist, actually why haven't they? They created the official gamemode and a bunch of malls to get with it. 

Byre is probably my favourite map in this update , got me into arena. I once cleared out the entire enemy team as a spy when I was the last guy left. I felt like a badass.

Arena has always been fun to me. I don't understand why people complain about "having to sit out"; it encourages an emphasis on teamwork and team composition, and people who play TF2 as a Team game understand this. Medics and dispensers win games on Arena when health kits are scarce or nonexistent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found a screenshot from a couple of weeks ago on my computer.

mXzBITz.jpg

Pretty sure that's the best round i've ever had, all as Pyro.  Backburner + Powerjack and flanking OP.

I like playing as pyro or spy. If anyone wants to play, my name on steam is chaosmasterdelta.

Sure i'll be up for a few games, currently on a Payday kick but i'll get back into TF2 soon.

• 8 months later...

So, this new update kind of sucks. The matchmaking queue times are much shorter after a patch, but... the update still kinda sucks. I'm convinced that the people at Valve don't even play TF2. They should hand off development to somebody who actually cares about the game.

So with this whole heavy vs pyro war being a thing , and with pyro winning, what do you guys think is going to be added in a pyro based update/revamp/overhaul/makehimhilariouslyop? Im kind of hoping for some kind of gun that lets him flare jump the way soldiers and demomen can, seriously his fastest method of travel is the powerjack right now and that's basically it.

Yeah, giving him an advanced movement option would be stellar. I always thought that since his airblast shoots people back, airblasting the ground should launch him up. This has the added benefit of not doing any damage to him, and as a class that needs to be close range to be effective that would be great for him.

Short of that, at least fix the bugs with his flamethrower and maybe make his viewmodel less annoying (make flames slightly translucent, maybe??). I've heard people saying that making his flamethrower a hitscan weapon would fix many problems with it and I think I agree. That way at least what you see is what you get.

If they're gonna buff spy's speed, why not Pyro? He has to chase people down to do any good, and right now, like you said, his fastest movement option is the Powerjack, which also makes him take extra damage while it's out.

On 9/29/2015 at 8:09 AM, Eggdodger said:

I love Team Fortress! I play it almost every week, sometimes on a daily basis. It's good to fallback on whenever I'm bored of my other games, and even better with friends. I've mained medic ever since I started playing, but I've hopped to other classes now and then as well (My latest fascination has been with Scout).

How do you guys like it? What are your favorite classes?

HAHA! a fellow medic main! brother, it is good to see more of my kind! I do sfms, if you want one. it would be on the house, for a fellow furry.

pm me for more info

I disagree: the Pyro is already quite powerful as is, it doesn't need to get buffed IMHO

Anyway, when I first played the game I mained the Medic. Now I shifted my focus on the Engineer. I'm kinda bad at full frontal assaults so adopting a defensive role instead suits me. I love running about with the shotgun too and making those damn spies slither on back to hell