Most Ignorant People on the Road

Wrecker

20 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Me: *wave* please go

person: *stares blankly*

Me: "you can go" *waves*

person: *stares like a robot*

am I in an alternate universe filled with robots?

Sometimes I wave people through because I'm going to do something that might get in their way, like a U-turn or I'll be moving slower than them. And they wave/blink back at me. And then I wave/blink back. And they refuse to go...

15 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

So picture an intersection, and on one side blocking one end is a railroad track

now imagine there is a train there, blocking off one end of the horizontal intersection

now one would think that if you see people backed up for the train, you WOULDNT go straight and sit behind them

right?

nope

you go and you park behind the person in front of you and you block off the people going straight on vertical intersection

yiu goddamn potato

I had to think about this for a minute. You mean if people stop in the middle of the intersection and block it right?

And what is a vertical intersection? One that goes up and down?

14 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I had to think about this for a minute. You mean if people stop in the middle of the intersection and block it right?

And what is a vertical intersection? One that goes up and down?

Imagine an intersection like a + sign

to the right end of the horizontal line there is a train 

+🚊

When it's green for the guys going horizontally, they will go and be stopped by the train.

people across the horizontal road on the left end of the horizontal road will see that there is a back-up

🚗 ===🚊

Despite this they will drive ahead and block off the vertical lane, so nobody going up and down can go when the light is green

like a bunch of lemmings

🚗

____|          |____

🚕      🚕🚕🚕🚕 🚊

____           _____

|           |

yellow 

People passing in no passing zones. When I am going over the freaking speed limit. People not using turn signals, or turning on their turn signals when they are nearly finished with the turn. People pulling out onto the highway in front of me, making me slow down until they get up to speed, when there are no cars behind me. Also when these same people only end up going a quarter of a mile up the road and then turn off again. If your car matches the background turn on your lights!

I mean I don't drive, but I'm a big fan of the jackasses who floor it down my street. The residential street that people cross, at an intersection.

Also where people are trying to sleep.

And I'm talking almost daily these people feel the need to show off their "big, tough vehicles" by trying to hit top speed, always ignoring the stop sign.

I'm waiting for the day two of them do it at the same time, and I'll just hear the explosion down the road. 

And do nothing.

Nothing but smile.

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

Canada took care of this problem with mandatory daytime-running lamps on all vehicles built after January 1st, 1990.

I'm surprised the US don't even require them to this day.

I believe all Chevys have constant daytime lights, among others, but its not a law or anything here.

So I just had one on my evening commute.

Between intersections, sitting in a left turn bay waiting for a break in oncoming traffic so I can turn into a huge and empty parking lot, a car is sitting in the middle of the entrance waiting for a break like I am.  The car isn't signaling, but its wheels are pointed into a right turn and it's at an angle to go into traffic opposite my direction.

Precious few people in this town do any signaling before it's obvious what they're doing.  So with that in mind, what do you think our hero did when that break in traffic finally came?

If you guessed joined traffic opposite my direction, as his wheels pointed, you're wrong.

If you guessed cut in front of me to make a left turn to join the traffic I was leaving, you're wrong.

If you guessed cut in front of me in anything but a straight line to enter the parking lot on the opposite side of the street, you win a cookie.

Now I understand it's impossible to signal "I'm going straight" with das blinkenlights, but come on.

Today (yesterday?) when I was driving, some old lady in a Lexus SUV was getting too close for comfort, so I made sure to drive at the speed limit precisely. I saw her raise her hands in frustration, and when she switched lanes to pass me I smiled and waved. Then we ended up next to each other at a stop light. Whole lot of time she saved there.

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Maybe not exactly 'on the road' but a pox on thee, ye who leave their shopping cars in parking spaces or by the barriers!

Saw some old bitch do this the other way

she was parked right beside the door and the 10 feet to walk was too far

10 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Today (yesterday?) when I was driving, some old lady in a Lexus SUV was getting too close for comfort, so I made sure to drive at the speed limit precisely. I saw her raise her hands in frustration, and when she switched lanes to pass me I smiled and waved. Then we ended up next to each other at a stop light. Whole lot of time she saved there.

Love it 

This is just like, a general oberservation, but as a non-driver, its weird to be in the car when someone thinks THEY are the best driver, and everone else is an idiot. Its like a mass hallucination. 

31 minutes ago, Lemon said:

This is just like, a general oberservation, but as a non-driver, its weird to be in the car when someone thinks THEY are the best driver, and everone else is an idiot. Its like a mass hallucination. 

We'd all be a lot better off if we included ourselves in the lament that everyone on the road is an idiot.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

So much my kind of thing.

I like to slow down when I get honked at, too.

• Like 1

So, there's this two lane road that goes directly between the big city I work in (pop around 120k), through rural areas to a tiny rural city of about 10k people, about 20 miles away. I have to drive around this road for work sometimes.

Every single morning around 6pm and after, people fly down this two lane road doing 60, 70, 80, maybe 90mph, from the podunk white-ass rural city, to the big city. Driving luxury cars and SUVs, driving brand-new cars, sports cars. Flying down the road at high speed.

I have a distinct feeling that they're all rich white people who work in the big city but don't like its more liberal atmosphere and higher taxes, so choose to live in tiny redneck city where taxes are lower and it's more white (crime rates are low in both so that's not the issue). And they're all type-A, highly driven, self-centered people who drive fast because they just HAVE to get to work yesterday, and it makes them feel more powerful and their dicks bigger.