Most Ignorant People on the Road

Wrecker

So, what really drives you up the wall on the road? What kind of fucking idiot does it take to make you want to run them into the ditch?

I've got a lot, but the number 1, I think, would be being cut off.

You might have completely blanked out and forgot that your exit was like right now, but FUCK YOU if you're going to just steer for it and depend on everybody else to accommodate your fucking vehicle jamming through lanes.

Motherfucker, the thought has crossed my mind so many times just to forget the brakes and t-bone one of those fucking douchebags...

People who don't understand what right of way is

some old fuck almost hit me in the mall parking lot because he didn't understand that people driving Straight have the right of way over people turning

was also stopped and had my signals on, turning into a parking lot and as I was turning some guy behind me tries to drive around me, almost hitting me. Honked and threw his hands up like I had just committed the ultimate sin, had a cellphone in his hand too

People who tail me.

It's almost always some ass in a giant truck, or SUV. I'll be stuck behind someone going slow so I can't go faster myself. Or, I'll be going 10+ over the speed limit and risking a ticket and the fucker still wants me to go faster (this happened a week ago, he probably hit 90 on a rural road). Also, morning traffic has the most aggressive drivers, trying to get to their shitty office jobs on time so they feel important.

I like when people in their 5 seater pickups zoom as fast as they can to show how mad they are

i have such a disdain for those trucks in an attitude and physical attributes way 

the drivers are always bitter and their trucks are made so stupidly that it's not worth owning a pickyp

the fuckig rear seat row takes up so much bed space that you might as well get a fucking van

gas guzzlers

and the ones with phones built in always talk on speaker with windows down as loud as possible

• Like 2

Man there's too many to list..

People who merge onto the freeway sucking ass the whole time. like, you're entering a roadway where people drive 70+, how about you step on it??

Semi-truck drivers that decide its a good idea to pass another semi-truck up a steep hill on a 2-lane highway, I literally cannot drive on the 5 without this happening..

When I'm traveling down a road going fast, someone wanting to enter the road sees me coming at a high rate of speed and still decides to pull out in front of me as slow as humanly possible.

There is literally too many to list :v

SOO many things.

• People on their phone.
    - Texting at red lights.
  • People who can't merge or don't check blind spots.
  • People going 60 on the freeway.
  • People eating (or doing DOG knows what) instead of concentrating on the road.
  • Stupid loud bass.
  • Sudden. U-Turn.
  • Speeding up when I try to merge.
  • Tailgating
    - I'm over speed limit and they still tailgate.
  • Like 5

Drivers whose speed varies wildly on the open two-lane highway, by at least 15 MPH delta-s.  Invariably, they'll drive slow when it's not clear to pass, then gradually speed up and match my speed after I've committed to the pass, causing me to either overspeed or abort and cut back in behind.

Night drivers who close in from behind and don't dim their headlights until half a minute after they're right up on my bumper.  The bright lights hitting my face from all three mirrors reduce my ability to see the road even with my own brights on, then they get testy when I have to slow down in order to keep my stopping distance shorter than my visibility.

Drivers who don't use straight freeway on-ramps to get up to freeway speed.  Match speeds then merge!

Drivers who pull into a turn lane at an intersection, then swing back out into a through lane to make the turn.  Extremely large vehicles like 18-wheelers are the only ones who need to.

Drivers who pull out in front of me on a 4- or 6-lane street from a cross street, cutting across at least one open lane beside me, causing me to slow down.  Bonus points if they don't ever get up to traffic speed afterward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vaer said:
  • Tailgating
    - I'm over speed limit and they still tailgate.

Oh yeah, this reminds me of a strange occurrence of about week ago:

I was on the Parkway at about 3 AM, going probably 20 or so MPH over the speed limit (this is the norm in NJ; the flow of traffic is usually 15 MPH over the speed limit), and someone in a Prius started tailgating me with their high beams on. Now, the parkway is mostly well lit, so high beams aren't really necessary, while the other 2 lanes were completely empty, as it was 3 AM... but they stayed right behind me with their high beams on.

Sure enough, when I changed lanes to exit, they immediately turned off their high beams and speed up slightly (not much, I was already going about 80 or 85)... I just really can't understand other motorists sometimes...

22 minutes ago, Osrik said:

Oh yeah, this reminds me of a strange occurrence of about week ago:

I was on the Parkway at about 3 AM, going probably 20 or so MPH over the speed limit (this is the norm in NJ; the flow of traffic is usually 15 MPH over the speed limit), and someone in a Prius started tailgating me with their high beams on. Now, the parkway is mostly well lit, so high beams aren't really necessary, while the other 2 lanes were completely empty, as it was 3 AM... but they stayed right behind me with their high beams on.

Sure enough, when I changed lanes to exit, they immediately turned off their high beams and speed up slightly (not much, I was already going about 80 or 85)... I just really can't understand other motorists sometimes...

This reminds me of the assholes who use their highbeams in well-lit, city areas with street lights when it's barely sundown. 

• Like 1

Horse riders.

Seriously, they're taking something onto the road that is MORE dangerous and difficult to control than a car, when they see you coming up behind them they just dawdle along at THE SAME FUCKING SPEED into a pull-in (if they even bother to let you pass). The fact that CHILDREN can take out multiple horses on their OWN is pretty insane, the fact that any person can take out multiple horses on their own (around here it's not uncommon to see one rider on a horse pulling along 2 unaccompanied horses behind them). That's a kick to a car (or a face) just waiting to happen.

They generally have NO understanding of the rules of the road either and make you do whatever THEY want because their animal is unpredictable and easily scared (so..... maybe DON'T take it into an unpredictable and scary environment for a horse, dumbass). They act like they own the road (when it's clearly us car drivers who own it).

Also cyclists, but just because they're an absolute burden to car drivers. They start at around March... and finish maybe October. It's non-stop after that and god forbid you want to actually GO anywhere in the summer months... Cyclists also don't understand the rules of the road, I was pulling away at a roundabout coming out of the superstore recently and since the rule about roundabouts is give way to whatever is on your RIGHT, I expected the 2 cyclists of my LEFT to stay where they were but they pulled out and if I didn't hit the brakes I'd have mowed them down (I know, it's a shame I didn't =V). So apparently being completely exposed and using a much smaller and more fragile method of transport means the rules of the road stop applying to them... despite them being the ones who need to know this shit more than ever.

Oh and tractors. They're complete assholes too but that's probably because of all the inbreeding genes. I remember this one time a few years back I was driving away from home and to do that, you have to go down this big hill. I got stuck behind a tractor which couldn't have been doing more than 15. It was PAINFUL. They didn't even bother pulling in to the side so I could pass, they decided milling along at a constant 15 was more important than that, and I had to follow them. So we both had to pull in for another car coming the other way about 3/4 of the way down this hill, and I got overtaken by another driver who was a lot more assertive than me. They cut me up and pulled in in front of me, and when they started moving again they ALSO had to deal with the tractor, so they hit the horn a few times and holy shit... the guy in the tractor was NOT happy. He turned around and started yelling at the other driver and FLOORED it to the open part of the road and the 2 of them pulled over to have an argument. I'm glad it wasn't me I'll be honest.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Fuck people who can't afford to drive

i want to kill them all

I like when people angrily speed and cut people off only to reach a red light

Most cyclists (at least 100% of them in my area are doing it for this reason anyway) do it for fun though. Not to go anywhere. Just for fun.

• Like 1

I am not a driver. I am a pedestrian. If I want to go somewhere I walk. Not far from where I work there is a crossroads with a pedestrian crossing on it that I have to cross, twice every working day. The road it crosses cannot be turned into; the adjacent road is no-right-turn going one way, no-left-turn going the other, you can only enter it from the road immediately opposite when the crosswise road is stationary. This means that the pedestrian crossing is green when traffic is flowing in the adjacent road, whether the button has been pressed or not, because it isn't legal for anything to go up that road.

Does this stop mr White Van Man nearly running me over every other week? IT DOES FUCKING NOT.

I mean for fuck's sake, you do not expect to have to dodge a speeding van whilst on a GREEN pedestrian crossing!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Faust said:

I am not a driver. I am a pedestrian. If I want to go somewhere I walk. Not far from where I work there is a crossroads with a pedestrian crossing on it that I have to cross, twice every working day. The road it crosses cannot be turned into; the adjacent road is no-right-turn going one way, no-left-turn going the other, you can only enter it from the road immediately opposite when the crosswise road is stationary. This means that the pedestrian crossing is green when traffic is flowing in the adjacent road, whether the button has been pressed or not, because it isn't legal for anything to go up that road.

Does this stop mr White Van Man nearly running me over every other week? IT DOES FUCKING NOT.

I mean for fuck's sake, you do not expect to have to dodge a speeding van whilst on a GREEN pedestrian crossing!

Be careful.

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

Be careful.

Oh yeah, silly me, here's me nearly getting knocked over when I should psychically intuit that the vehicle which isn't indicating to turn and is approaching from behind me is going to do something illegal. By that logic I'd never cross the road.

Just now, Faust said:

Oh yeah, silly me, here's me nearly getting knocked over when I should psychically intuit that the vehicle which isn't indicating to turn and is approaching from behind me is going to do something illegal. By that logic I'd never cross the road.

Why did the furry cross the road? 

56 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Most cyclists (at least 100% of them in my area are doing it for this reason anyway) do it for fun though. Not to go anywhere. Just for fun.

Like those all-geared up and dressed in skin tight suits?

fuck em for having fun

btw cyclists have a right to the road, respect it

I remember when I used to ride my bike at night to Tim hortons

i ride on the road to the right of the white line on the side, and in the gravel when people are passing me

this was a three lane road at night so I was in the far right lane (which is a turning lane)

woman comes driving up beside me, swerves, and hits me with her side mirror, knocking it completely off

she then got out and was either drunk or stupid ecause she didn't realize that the mirror belonged to her

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

btw cyclists have a right to the road, respect it

And before anyone in the UK complains 'But they don't pay road tax!' YES THEY BLOODY DO! Taxation for the transportation system comes from general taxes that everyone pays, even people like me who don't ride or drive. They don't pay Motor Vehicle Tax because bikes don't have motors! Rargh!

...Ok, rant over.

37 minutes ago, Faust said:

And before anyone in the UK complains 'But they don't pay road tax!' YES THEY BLOODY DO! Taxation for the transportation system comes from general taxes that everyone pays, even people like me who don't ride or drive. They don't pay Motor Vehicle Tax because bikes don't have motors! Rargh!

...Ok, rant over.

What does motor vehicle tax pay for then? (I honestly don't know, I'm curious)

Anyhow I show respect for the cyclists by tolerating their use of the road and refraining from passive-aggressive actions or insults. They already know they're a burden on the roads, they don't need any additional abuse for being there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sylver said:

Drivers who hang their limbs out of car windows. I know for a fact that people lose arms doing that. I once saw a car with 1-2 limbs sticking out of each window (leg and arm from the driver's seat..), which raises a few questions like: How are they driving properly? Can they remain calm and not crash if they or another passenger has their limb removed? What happens if another car rams into theirs at an intersection while they're sticking their limbs out?

I drive with my arm resting out my window all the time, how is that going to keep me from driving properly? Shit, I drove a windy country road steering only with my knee! I guess it depends on the driver, not everyone knows how to drive very well lol

Just now, Alexxx-Returns said:

Who knows? What does cigarette tax pay for? It's just an arbitrary fee on something that can have a negative effect on life, i.e. by causing pollution. For example, 'Green' cars qualify for tax breaks. I daresay some of the money might end up in the transport system, but in all fairness I think it's safe to say that cars cause more damage to roads than bicycles.

Insurance is another matter though, and I do wonder if compulsory cycling insurance (at a much lower rate than driving insurance) might not be beneficial.

Drivers who don't turn on their lights until well after sunset, especially if the color of their car blends in well with the color of the road.  Without any lights to announce where they are and which way they're going, they're bloody invisible, especially to drivers looking for an opening to make a left turn across traffic.

Everyone in WelshDrive's Bad Driving compilations (including on occasion the camera driver).

• Like 1

On two-way highways with passing lanes, those people who speed up and pass you using the passing lane and then slow down in front of you after the passing lane ends.  FFS people, do you understand that a passing lane is for passing a slower driver, not for getting in front of people so you can slow everyone down.  

People who think they can just speed through a stop sign. 

People who lack situational awareness and either on their phones texting/talking. In a school zone.

As a pedestrian, I was hit by a combination of a two during after school hours a few years ago and I guess I am happy she hit me and not two 8-year-olds crossing the street. Bitch also fled the scene and didn't even stop to see if I was okay or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Anyhow I show respect for the cyclists by tolerating their use of the road and refraining from passive-aggressive actions or insults. They already know they're a burden on the roads, they don't need any additional abuse for being there.

Don't know where you live but you should see how poorly ebike riders are treated here

they are treated like they don't even exist, and the laws say they HAVE to be on the road, but cops have stopped caring because you don't need a license to ride one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArielMT said:

Drivers who don't turn on their lights until well after sunset, especially if the color of their car blends in well with the color of the road.  Without any lights to announce where they are and which way they're going, they're bloody invisible, especially to drivers looking for an opening to make a left turn across traffic.

Everyone in WelshDrive's Bad Driving compilations (including on occasion the camera driver).

Canada took care of this problem with mandatory daytime-running lamps on all vehicles built after January 1st, 1990.

I'm surprised the US don't even require them to this day.

I don't drive much because I live in a small town and I can walk/run anywhere I want to go and it keeps me in shape.

That being said, guys, I know I'm cute. But please don't honk at me as you drive past. I'm not interested in guys who drive pickup trucks with loud-ass mufflers or your giant subwoofers. I don't care how many Quarter Pounders you can afford to feed me, it's not worth tolerating your ear-bleeding, tinnitus-enabling rap music.

• Like 1

So picture an intersection, and on one side blocking one end is a railroad track

now imagine there is a train there, blocking off one end of the horizontal intersection

now one would think that if you see people backed up for the train, you WOULDNT go straight and sit behind them

right?

nope

you go and you park behind the person in front of you and you block off the people going straight on vertical intersection

yiu goddamn potato