Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

Why everything, without fail, is always one step forward and two steps back

I mean dammit why cant shit just be straightforward for once, I just got something done and now I have to do MORE things before I get to the next thing. Its frustrating!

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Why everything, without fail, is always one step forward and two steps back

I mean dammit why cant shit just be straightforward for once, I just got something done and now I have to do MORE things before I get to the next thing. Its frustrating!

Do ALL the things!

8 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

But where's the logic in refusing people service for petty reasons? That not only pisses off the people being refused service, but also results in you losing potential customers.

The logic is entirely personal and built to serve inward needs.

Without religion - but likely due to the influence of the religion of others - they have decided that such things are detestable. It is only natural for a person that detests something to avoid it at all costs; even the cost of an entire business is worth it for some. They feel as though they are defending themselves from something, and a person on the defensive needs little logic to believe their case is actually logical.

A phobia causes a comparable - yet obviously disparate - situation. Despite all evidence that a given thing will not cause a person harm, the person will act to defend themselves against it at all costs. I'm not sure that one could say that the processes involved inside the nervous system are similar, but the results can be quite so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Another of the many things I do not understand is why Americans pronounce Robin Hood's name as 'Raaaawbin Hood'. 

The o is more like sound in 'robbed', 'cobble', 'clop', or 'top'. It is a short sound.

Rubbing Hood!!!

If I say it real calmly, I pronounce it Robin.
If i say it in conversation, I'll probably say Rawhbin.

4 hours ago, Saxon said:

Another of the many things I do not understand is why Americans pronounce Robin Hood's name as 'Raaaawbin Hood'. 

The o is more like sound in 'robbed', 'cobble', 'clop', or 'top'. It is a short sound.

...roh-bin hood? or ruh-bin hood?

4 hours ago, Saxon said:

That's because 'mericans are backwards, silly. Right means wrong, yes means no, metric means imperial and war is peace.

@6tails In a sense thats not a very funny joke, it implies humor in the sense of posting an analogy which roughly translates to transgender people being delusional and should not be the opposite gender.

Unlike deer, humans are a higher species and gender is a more intricate aspect to them whereas most animals are not affected by sex/gender in a mental and cultural aspect (although in a sense "trans" animals do exist, a small percentage of female deer do acquire antlers which is uncommon to their sex, and many animals who dont align with their sex have a hard time mating or performing natural behaviors).

On 3/16/2016 at 6:10 PM, Endless/Nameless said:

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

xS Fuck...

i dont mean to take dumb comments and jokes all over the place seriously but Im really starting to feel sick in my stomach over the constant reminder that these feelings are irrational, delusional, and freakish

im having a bad day today for that, bleh

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

18 hours ago, 6tails said:

Trust me, it's regional. Even in Texas, accent can vary wildly within 30 kilometers. Where you and I say water in Plano (of which its pronunciation is still a matter of high contention,) the people a couple towns over in Wylie would say 'wooder' and the ones in McKinney would go 'waatah.'

In Memphis, it'd be 'wata' without any ending utterances unless you're rich and white, in which case, you'd say water.

Lives in Texas, can confirm.

Even in the same room with people from the same city, you can get East Texas drawl, Dixie, Supreme Country, etc, etc.

Just now, Saxon said:

If it were not for the last minute, no work would ever be done. 

this is sorta true

I got all my work done that's due later than this paper because I was like "I need to do work, should I do the important paper or the easy shit?" and did the easy shit.

The worst is when you realize that the assignment you procrastinated didn't even take that long, and that you could have done the same exact thing days ago without the added pressure of a deadline. And then you completely forget that and get back to procrastinating.