The Pizza Thread

Eggdodger

On 1/30/2017 at 11:44 PM, Tsuujou said:

But make no mistake. Local joints and your dingy hole in the wall pizzerias are infinitely better than the main mega chains just because they can actually afford to use fresh ingredients and cook them traditionally.

That reminds me: the best Pizza I ever had was in Utah. I went camping at Mt. Zion with my family and my dad and I were heading back. We passed Salt Lake City and were in one of it's suburbs.Traffic was really bad so I took a nap. When I woke up, we barely moved and I was hungry. We both saw an authentic Italian pizza restaurant and stopped there for lunch. It was pretty good. The crust had the perfect balance of softness and crunch and the sauce was nice and spicy. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was called so I don't know if I'll find it if I ever go back to Utah. :(

1 minute ago, Kosha said:

That reminds me: the best Pizza I ever had was in Utah. I went camping at Mt. Zion with my family and my dad and I were heading back. We passed Salt Lake City and were in one of it's suburbs.Traffic was really bad so I took a nap. When I woke up, we barely moved and I was hungry. We both saw an authentic Italian pizza restaurant and stopped there for lunch. It was pretty good. The crust had the perfect balance of softness and crunch and the sauce was nice and spicy. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was called so I don't know if I'll find it if I ever go back to Utah. :(

You try just looking up Salt Lake Pizza joints and seeing if something rings any bells? Google maps might let you even see the place.

Just now, Tsuujou said:

You try just looking up Salt Lake Pizza joints and seeing if something rings any bells? Google maps might let you even see the place.

I looked that up on Google and it only gave me Pizza joints in Salt Lake City and I'm looking for a pizza place in one of Salt Lake City's suburbs.

man all you people are listing off shit that I've never heard of or that doesn't exist near me and I'm just sitting here thinking Red Baron is some amazing shit. I don't know what it is but their sauce has this amazing tang to it. The ingredients list paprika, maybe that's it...

On 2/6/2017 at 10:05 AM, Kosha said:

I looked that up on Google and it only gave me Pizza joints in Salt Lake City and I'm looking for a pizza place in one of Salt Lake City's suburbs.

Update: I found out it was a Boston-style pizzarea, not Authentic Italian. From the looks of it, it's Nicolitalia Pizzeria in Provo (home to the worst flag in the world.)