The smallest firearm in my collection....

Irreverent

I am curious about the rest of your guns though :D

That would seriously impact Carenath's bandwidth, but I've got a few crappy shots on my smartphone.

20140311_182901.thumb.jpg.d2c9990913d201

Clockwise: S&W 6" stainless .357mag, Ruger Mark II/45 .22 RF, Sig Saur P220 .45 ACP, Drulov ISSU Free Pistol .22 RF, Springfield X-D 9mm, an original 1943 Tokarev in 7.62x25, and a STI Spartan 1911 in .45 ACP.

20140306_081332.thumb.jpg.d50c3a45eb5b93

Canadian made NEA AR-15 clone in 5.56 Nato, 10" barrel

20130925_205239.thumb.jpg.afecb6a6f0b200

Top to Bottom, Dominion of Canada Rifle Assciation 1982 Palma Match Target Rifle in .308 win, Frankenstein TR in 7.62 Nato and a Norinco M305 (M14 clone also in 7.62 nato ) in an  Archangel target stock that I turned into an ORA CQB blaster.

The collection is extensive, takes me about a day to pull everything out of the safes and clean em up.  I'll snap some pics the next time I'm in the workshop.  Contrary to popular belief, Canadians do own and use firearms.  :D

Edited by Irreverent
  • Like 2

The bad news for me is that I live in England, but the good news is that I live in the countryside.

I've had years of fun with rifles and shotguns, but I want to move to handguns sooo damn bad.

Really jealous of that Tokarev. If I were a rich man I'd move somewhere gun-friendly and get myself a Mauser C96.

Edited by Sir Gibby

Did you mean it to say a black powder cannon? Because you missed the d.

Egads!  Fixed.  Damn auto correct, thanks for that.

Hnngggg I want all those guns :c I bet that original tokarev is fun as fuck.

Yeah, the Tok's a blast to shoot.  7.62x25 is pretty snappy, more blast than my 9mm's.  Very light, thin gun too, its a hoot at the range.

Yeah, the Tok's a blast to shoot.  7.62x25 is pretty snappy, more blast than my 9mm's.  Very light, thin gun too, its a hoot at the range.

Sounds awesome! I technically don't have a handgun yet (my dad has a dan wesson 357 that's been "mine" since he bought his GP100 but it isn't in my name... yet >:V ) and I'm thinking of getting a beretta 92. Handguns are so fun lol

It's unreal to me that people could get all these guns in their hands! #AustraliaGunLaws

Not even an 10th of my collection. 8:

I wanna touch your guns, man... will it hurt?

Head out to a Provincial Rifle Association when they have an intro day.  http://www.nraa.com.au/  You'll be glad you did!  Although your face may hurt from grinning when you're done.

Edited by Irreverent
spelling

My Springfield X-D 40compact is fun to shoot, although the recoil is significant, I want the 45 version as the recoil is less for some reason. I currently am looking at a DPMS Panther AR-15 just can't justify spending that kind of money right now....

I hear DPMS ARs are kinda bleh. You can probably get a nicer one.

I'm not that familiar with ARs, from what I understand DPMS are the middle of the road for ARs but I could be wrong.
Also, seeing as its gun related, who here has a cpl?

What do you mean by CPL? concealed carry license? I do not have one since I do not need one.

And honestly I'd rather have a SCAR or something instead of an AR.

What do you mean by CPL? concealed carry license? I do not have one since I do not need one.

Yes a conceal carry license. Just curious if any forum goers have one. I am not to familiar (at all) with a SCAR. Sport utility rifles I am not really knowledgeable on at all.

I'm not that familiar with ARs, from what I understand DPMS are the middle of the road for ARs but I could be wrong.

Also, seeing as its gun related, who here has a cpl?

There are only an average of 28-65 people with ATC per province in Canada, and most of those are bush pilots, trappers and prospectors.

Yee gawds, the civilian SCAR's that were imported here in Canada where absolute crap...until the bolt was recalled by FN and a new extractor fitted.   One of the guys on my rifle team is the Factory Rep...and he wont shoot one in competition.

There are only an average of 28-65 people with ATC per province in Canada, and most of those are bush pilots, trappers and prospectors.

Yee gawds, the civilian SCAR's that were imported here in Canada where absolute crap...until the bolt was recalled by FN and a new extractor fitted.   One of the guys on my rifle team is the Factory Rep...and he wont shoot one in competition.

Damn, that sucks :c I haven't heard people say negative things about the civilian models in the US. Also they were hilariously left out of the maryland assault weapons ban. So I can't buy a standard AR15 but I can buy a SCAR :V

Damn, that sucks :c I haven't heard people say negative things about the civilian models in the US. Also they were hilariously left out of the maryland assault weapons ban. So I can't buy a standard AR15 but I can buy a SCAR :V

Our gun laws are full of quirks like that too.  The AR15 is restricted (treated like a pistol) and can only be used on ranges.  The SCAR is not.   My Beretta Storm can only use 5 rounds if the mag is marked rifle, 10 rounds if the mag is marked pistol or 14 rounds if I load 9mm into a .40S&W pistol mag.  I can put 5 rounds in a AR rifle mag, but 10 rounds in an AR-pistol mag (like the LAR).  Neat, eh?

Our gun laws are full of quirks like that too.  The AR15 is restricted (treated like a pistol) and can only be used on ranges.  The SCAR is not.   My Beretta Storm can only use 5 rounds if the mag is marked rifle, 10 rounds if the mag is marked pistol or 14 rounds if I load 9mm into a .40S&W pistol mag.  I can put 5 rounds in a AR rifle mag, but 10 rounds in an AR-pistol mag (like the LAR).  Neat, eh?

None of those make any sense what so ever :|

The way ARs work here now are weird. A standard AR15 is illegal to buy, but if you buy one with a heavy barrel, that's perfectly legal and yes, you can just swap the barrel to a standard barrel and its 100% legal. :V

None of those make any sense what so ever :|

The way ARs work here now are weird. A standard AR15 is illegal to buy, but if you buy one with a heavy barrel, that's perfectly legal and yes, you can just swap the barrel to a standard barrel and its 100% legal. :V

Sort of the same here.  Unless named by the OIC, most restricted rifles can be taken out of the restricted class by fitting them with an 18.5" or longer barrel.  Most prohibited handguns can be converted to restricted by fitting them with a 104mm long barrel.

Ironically, longer barrels on rifles and pistols increases bullet velocity (longer power burn time) and accuracy (longer sighting plane) for greater leathality.  It doesn't have to make sense, its knee-jerk government policy.   The .50BMG Barret Lite 50 is banned by name, the Styr 1101 is non-restricted and  you can hunt gophers with.   Virtually the same gun, but the Styer wasn't in the Gun Digest that fateful year.

I could go on all night.

• Like 1

One of my co workers has a pump action shotgun registered as a handgun because of the pistol grip on it. I thought that was kinda interesting. Its also legal here in the U.S to buy the kits online to make a sport utility rifle fully automatic, yet its illegal to install them and use the rifle....

I saw a saiga 20 gauge mod that looked like a bump fire attachment that made it burst fire (3-5 round burst). Completely legal to purchase and left me scratching my head.

Bump-fire stocks and Hellfire trigger attachments are prohibited here.  As are bullpub stocks. 

Bullpup rifles (actually bullpups, not factory fit stocks) are completely legal here.  You can legally buy a Tavor here, but drop a Ruger 10/22 into a bullpub stock and you go to jail.

The smallest? Colt Trooper Mk III in .22 Win Mag/.22LR. Two cylinders but it's built on the .22LR barrel, not the Win Mag barrel. The big boomer of the collection? Ruger Redhawk in .475 Linebaugh. Probably less than 200 very punishing rounds through it. The fun one? S&W Model 10-6 .38 Special with an Aristocrat sight rib and Clark grips. Enough weight and balance that it's like shooting a .22LR but with bigger holes in the paper.

I used to have this little dinky PSA in .25 Auto but it kept chewing on the web between my thumb and forefinger. Sold that one on just to be shed of it.

That's just a very small part of my collection.

Two pieces representing completely opposite times in my life. The Ruger 10/22 was given to me as a kid by my father, I think I was 6 or 7? It was ages ago so I forget. It was my first "actual" firearm once I'd proven myself responsible with my BB gun. The Sig P938 was a gift at the beginning of this year and is my every-day concealed carry. You have to love having an FFL in the family, it means you get the best birthday presents.

Now I feel compelled to go take pictures of the rest of the collection from soup to nuts, if we're doing that in this thread.

FgkKHrg.jpg

4N5IpDI.jpg