The way I feel

Wrecker

I'm agnostic, and I suffer from depression. Bottom line.

To me, we have no option but to be born into a world chocked full of mediocrity and compromise, only to inevitably grow old and witness the death of family and friends, I'd opt out if I could. We are somewhere where we are most likely to lead into a time where we are struck with an incurable ailment, spending our last moments with our own body struggling to keep on its own while we wish for death, fuck me, why?

One thing that usually keeps me going is that fact that maybe, maybe like winning the fucking lottery, there's more. Maybe there's such thing as life after death, maybe there is some kind of thing like purpose, and we all aren't just born to have a tiny little speck in the timeline of everything else where we just came and went without anybody noticing.

Thinking that it's all for nothing, thinking that being alive is just a product of inevitability, something that just can happen because it's possible, that fucking burns me. I don't want to be alive if that's the way it is, I fucking resent that fact. I honestly wish that I had an option to say fuck it, give somebody else a chance.

I hugely rely on the fact that life has got to be more than just something that can and has just went and happened, because I don't understand being alive. Why in the sweet fuck should me, a person that genuinely does not want to be alive have to go ahead and pray and pray for some kind of thing to just cut my life short when I watch good people I know lose their lives in their best days? It's fucking crazy.

I hate imagining a world where it just is what it is, I don't want to be a part of it.

In the purely dismissive sense that we just die and forget everything, that everything is lost and it doesn't matter, and everybody we watch lose their lives in the meantime, I'd rather not bear witness to any of it.

I sure as fuck didn't chose to be born, and I sure as fuck hope there's more to this than just a bit of life and forever death. Fuck depression.

• Like 1

Might as well just enjoy your time now, right?

It's the only thing we know for sure is real, so enjoy it to the fullest. Whatever comes after, handle that later. Doesn't seem there's much you can do to prepare for it. So enjoy what's here, now.

It can be quite fun.

• Like 6

I'm with you bro, I too hope for meaning to this life.  Two possibilities keep me going. 1.) We understand nothing.  The true nature of the universe is completely different than our weak human minds can possibly understand, if we are even human at all. Or 2.) This is all we get and we are all doomed to nothingness.  So enjoy life and bring as much light to the world as you can. Because in the end, all of the devout holy men who judged you will be far more disappointed in their life choices when their own lights go out just like everyone else's.

Existential questions are healthy but at the end of the day you need to ask yourself just one question; what are you going to do about it?  

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing. What you say sounds familiar. 

Personally, I'm convinced that there is purpose, even as a necessity to remain consistent, and that it can understood to some degree. Still, I haven't found much use in despairing over death or grasping after nihilism as an escape. It's probably best to live as there were meaning, because that's how you would find it.

As yeah, depression sucks.

For me, I've never felt like I had to have a purpose in life. The only thing I want out of it, is to enjoy everyday, explore new things, go to places I've never been to before and so on. There's no purpose or end goal that I'm trying to achieve, I just try to get the best out of what I have. Even the simple pleasures of life make it all worth it. Waking up on a calm morning, enjoying a cup of coffee, taking a walk on a nice day, listening to good music, enjoying time with friends. Whatever it is that makes you happy, pursue it.

• Like 2

Existential crisis at hand? 

To me, life is something that has, is and will be everything that I know and remember. And it is human of me to cling to it for as long as I can bare or am allowed to live.  It is okay to allow yourself to live because of the matter of the fact is that your life does not directly inhibit the birth of someone else. 

23 hours ago, Wrecker said:

to be born into a world chocked full of mediocrity and compromise

That alone is enough to progress us technologically and to a certain degree, society as well. If it that you wish to give your life to others, you can do so by being alive and doing things that contribute towards the progression of better life to others and yourself. 

Overall, I interpret your post as saying "Why live if in the end we all die" 

I don't have the right answer for that. It is a very philosophical question. All I can say is enjoy this very brief exception in time where you are allowed to live and think before your body turns into something that is incapable of doing so. In a way, that too is like winning a lottery, if you can enjoy the prize that unfortunately cannot be donated other than making sure everyone else is doing fine during your lifetime. 

Would be nice to believe we were are justified in being furfags, cuz reincarnation  

I dont really know, and I havent gotten clear answers from anything really, no matter what anyone has ever claimed , so it's shrodinger's end, everything or nothing.

All I have is here and now, just doing things I like doing. Doing the best I can as a person, for wherever reason morals may come from. 

The need for purpose is a prison, don't you see the benefit of there being none?

You are totally free to choose your own purpose. Let the religious succumb to their own mind virus, let the close minded hide in their own mental cages. Find what you love, and make that your meaning. Find solace in art, tell stories, make music, play videogames and get lost in the escapist wonders that human creativity has come up with.

Reality is just the world we all share at ground level, your mind is only limited by what you let limit it.

...Hippie Mode: Off. Don't expect this from me again anytime soon.

• Like 2