Rant: Feeling angry and no one cares...

Crazy Lee

I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing it right. Life, friendship, my issues.

Whenever I get angry at something, like the problems with the state government website, I have a desire to vent. I need to get it off my chest, to rant, to rave, to scream.

However, I have a strong desire to rant AT people. I don't exactly know why. But I think I seek people to tell me they understand, that they sympathize, or they've been in similar situations and can relate. Even just a damn hug.

I think it's that I want people to understand WHY I'm angry and agree with me. I need, I crave that desire for people to agree. To tell me "you're right, your anger is justified and understandable, you have a right to be mad, and I get why and agree."

And I never get that. Ever. On FB, people don't often comment on my posts ever. On Telegram, over this latest thing, I had a mod tell me that "this is a happy chat full of positive stuff. I know you're angry, but I don't want the negativity in the chat please." I didn't realize I had signed up for a drama-free fucking hugbox. Discord is quiet in all the channels I'm a part of, I guess it's less popular now with Telegram.

So I start feeling empty and unloved. I can't go to anyone with my issues anymore. And then I just feel depressed and hate society and people.

I swear, if in the far future, if I ever went on a mass shooting spree or some shit in a fit of rage and depression and suicidal behavior, I'd hope at least people would read things like this and understand why.

Anyway, that's all.

• Like 2

Maybe you should see a therapist. Venting to people is cool and all, but even after a while people get kind of exhausted hearing about it

51 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I swear, if in the far future, if I ever went on a mass shooting spree or some shit in a fit of rage and depression and suicidal behavior, I'd hope at least people would read things like this and understand why.

<mod warning>

Hey, this isn't cool.Even out of frustration, talking about going on a killing spree is not a good idea to do publicly; even if it is hypothetical.

Thanks

• Like 1

Seeing a therapist might not hurt. Anger is one of the most difficult emotions to conquer.

Anyway, I can relate to that one. It is nice to have someone just listen to you, and even better to have them sympathize. Anyway, I don't know if you're after advice, but you might have to change how you speak to get people to listen. That might be dumb, yes, but people don't like to feel bad. You have to be gentle and engage, even if you're just there to vent, because they'll turn off as soon as they feel attacked. 

• Like 2

The thing about having problems is that you have to understand that everyone else has their own problems and their own crap to deal with, too.

It's a bit like bitching about being stuck in traffic. Sure, you may be stuck in traffic, but so is everyone else that's in that line of cars.
You can't just expect people to give you attention and sympathy for being stuck in traffic, when they are too, and they have to deal with it too.
That's just kind of the way life works. You can't be the central focus of everyone else's story.

I'm gonna second everyone else and say that a therapist is warranted. That's what they're there for, to help you work with your issues.
A bunch of randos on the internet aren't really qualified to handle that situation anyway.

6 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Whenever I get angry at something, like the problems with the state government website, I have a desire to vent.

I'm curious at what angers you about a state government website (besides the feelgood propaganda about heading towards a more sustainable future and similar nonsense that's on every govt site).

6 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Discord is quiet in all the channels I'm a part of, I guess it's less popular now with Telegram.

This "Telegram" you speak of may render the semaphore signalling system obsolete ;(

16 hours ago, willow said:

Maybe you should see a therapist. Venting to people is cool and all, but even after a while people get kind of exhausted hearing about it

<mod warning>

Hey, this isn't cool.Even out of frustration, talking about going on a killing spree is not a good idea to do publicly; even if it is hypothetical.

Thanks

Sorry. I was pretty moody last night, I realized later that even though I was talking about one possible future it may come out wrong to people. I don't own guns and don't plan on doing something stupid like that.

As for a therapist I'm trying to work on my insurance with that, but the problem is the insurance considers both having a brief appointment for psychiatric medication and actual therapy the same thing, and it only covers a limited amount of appointments. I'd love to see one on a more regular basis though.

11 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

I'm curious at what angers you about a state government website (besides the feelgood propaganda about heading towards a more sustainable future and similar nonsense that's on every govt site).

I've had issues about this site before, the back end software is absolute shit. It's badly designed. See my rant in the "Things I hate" thread.

11 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

This "Telegram" you speak of may render the semaphore signalling system obsolete ;(

.... I assume this is a joke about communications methods.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I've had issues about this site before, the back end software is absolute shit. It's badly designed. See my rant in the "Things I hate" thread.

You should see our crappy Australian gov sites, they can barely handle PDF uploads (ie for documentation).

15 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

.... I assume this is a joke about communications methods.

Sure was ;)

5 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

You should see our crappy Australian gov sites, they can barely handle PDF uploads (ie for documentation).

Sure was ;)

Telegram is a chat app for desktop and mobile, similar to discord. It seems to be popular in the furry fandom, maybe because it's easy to send lewd stickers and photos. :/

17 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Telegram is a chat app for desktop and mobile, similar to discord. It seems to be popular in the furry fandom, maybe because it's easy to send lewd stickers and photos. :/

Good heavens, Samuel Morse must be turning in his grave D:

41 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Sorry. I was pretty moody last night, I realized later that even though I was talking about one possible future it may come out wrong to people. I don't own guns and don't plan on doing something stupid like that.

As for a therapist I'm trying to work on my insurance with that, but the problem is the insurance considers both having a brief appointment for psychiatric medication and actual therapy the same thing, and it only covers a limited amount of appointments. I'd love to see one on a more regular basis though.

I wonder if the limited appointments encourage a "quick fix" mentality in the professionals involved (eg just prescribe abilify and send in the next patient).

On 8/3/2017 at 10:52 PM, Crazy Lee said:

I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing it right. Life, friendship, my issues.

Whenever I get angry at something, like the problems with the state government website, I have a desire to vent. I need to get it off my chest, to rant, to rave, to scream.

However, I have a strong desire to rant AT people. I don't exactly know why. But I think I seek people to tell me they understand, that they sympathize, or they've been in similar situations and can relate. Even just a damn hug.

I think it's that I want people to understand WHY I'm angry and agree with me. I need, I crave that desire for people to agree. To tell me "you're right, your anger is justified and understandable, you have a right to be mad, and I get why and agree."

And I never get that. Ever. On FB, people don't often comment on my posts ever. On Telegram, over this latest thing, I had a mod tell me that "this is a happy chat full of positive stuff. I know you're angry, but I don't want the negativity in the chat please." I didn't realize I had signed up for a drama-free fucking hugbox. Discord is quiet in all the channels I'm a part of, I guess it's less popular now with Telegram.

So I start feeling empty and unloved. I can't go to anyone with my issues anymore. And then I just feel depressed and hate society and people.

Anyway, that's all.

Oh man, I know this feeling too well. I hope the website issue's been resolved by now.

I also can relate to this feeling.

I'm good at appropriately channeling and managing my anger for the most part, but that certainly comes with a price.

Occasionally, I find myself feeling jealous of people who "get" to rant and rave all over the place.

• Like 2