My sister's elementary school.

Red Lion

This afternoon my sister's bus was a full hour late dropping her off, and this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Last year the bus ran late pretty frequently, I even called the school to complain but was basically dismissed. She ended up being counted tardy a total of 15 times just because the bus ran late in the morning and there were several afternoons where she was supposed to be dropped off at home around 3 but didn't get back until as late as 4:30. And no one ever had an explanation why. I would call and ask, "did the bus break down? Did something happen?" No one had a fucking clue why this was such a reoccurring problem. I later found out from my sister that the bus drivers don't always stick to the route and they pick up and drop off students out of order. That still doesn't explain why she gets to school an hour late, but w/e. When I brought this up at a PTA meeting  the staff shut me down with "You're not her legal guardian, we don't have to tell you anything." and at one point the vice principal got snappy with me "If you have a problem with our buses why don't you just drive her?" Fucking excuse me, Lady, I have work to do and my schedule doesn't allow for her to be a car rider. If it did I wouldn't have signed her up as a bus rider in the first place. That's another point of conflict, every time I can't make it down to the school for some kind of event the staff acts like it must be because I don't care about my sister's education. Again, fucking excuse me for trying to make money. I've had work and school myself and I cannot just drop shit because the first graders need chaperones for a field trip or "eat lunch with you kids" day. Nice how I'm "not her legal guardian" when I'm the one demanding explanations but suddenly the school wants something from me and I'm a negligent asshole. I've wanted to try and transfer her to a different school, but I can't make that decision so of course, that's not an option. 

I'm fucking tired y'all. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phaolfal said:

You could try reporting it to the council? They might be able to sort something out. Did anyone else complain about it? 

People, myself included, have sent letters to the superintendent and members of the board of education but nothing was ever done. I live in the shittiest part of NC and the school system reflects it. -__-

If mentioning it to the superintendent does nothing, bring it up with the local news. Media exposure baring down on shitty school practices tends to force them to actually look at the problem instead of ignoring it, because then they just look like assholes on TV.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Vae said:

If mentioning it to the superintendent does nothing, bring it up with the local news. Media exposure baring down on shitty school practices tends to force them to actually look at the problem instead of ignoring it, because then they just look like assholes on TV.

This is something I hadn't actually considered, and a p good idea at that. Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vae said:

One of our local schools was having similar problems: bus schedule was fucking whack. It eventually made it to the local news, and I believe got fixed. News stopped talking about it at any rate :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2017 at 5:13 PM, Vae said:

Not only is this a great solution......its a hilariously entertaining one to xD