Tokens

DevilishlyHandsome49

And I don't mean a type of coin. I mean a superstitious belief that my Nana got me believing when I was young.

A token is basically this: You're waking up from  sleep. Eyes not fully open, but you still feel yourself awakening. At the same time though, you're still somewhat dreaming. During this period, you hear a voice of someone you know and then you answer them. Thing is, you don't answer them like you would if you were sleep talking but as if you were wide awake and that the person you heard was right in the room with you. You answer loud enough to wake yourself up. You realize that no one was actually there and you answered to no one. Sometime down the road, someone you know dies. The voice you heard may have been Death or an angel or something :/

Now I normally don't believe in superstitious things but this fucks with me hard. My Nana told me she had one and a friend of her's from church died some weeks later. Of course, that was the only time she had a "token" and someone actually dies. She's had many tokens afterwards but no one actually passes. Problems is, it plays into my fear of death, the uncertainty of it and that a token may be my only way to know when someone's gonna die so I can prepare myself. I just had one waking up an hour ago and I'm kinda on edge, even though I know deep down that tokens don't actually prove someone will die and if someone does die, its a coincidence.

• Like 1

Weird stuff can happen in dreams sometimes that, probably coincidentally, reflects the future.

Once, when I was a child, I had a dream that I slipped on a spade in my stone back garden and knocked myself out. And then it actually happened. Looking back, it might have just been the case that being knocked out messed with my memory a little bit. But I was sure I remembered it bring a dream before.

My grandma told me once about a dream she had. In which she was in Venice and was using a camera, but it wasn't hers. Fast forward and, as she told me, when she went to Venice she had to borrow somebody's camera.

I don't fully believe either of these stories are wholly valid, but it perplexed me back then.

• Like 1

I had this amazing shitpost written, explaining how a dream can foretell the "future". But I posted it without checking the continuity of said post an it sounded retarded. I could've fixed it, but I already posted it. It was embarrassing, so I took it down. Now it's lost forever. :V

Shitposts are retarded by default, no matter how good they are. You could alway try effort-posting to give this much neglected forum a little more depth and look intelligent in the process. :^) 

Shitposts are retarded by default, no matter how good they are. You could alway try effort-posting to give this much neglected forum a little more depth and look intelligent in the process. :^) 

Oh, there was effort, it was just utter insanity. 

I called it a shitpost to preserve credibility to the idea that I am a sane, functioning, human, adult.... Clearly, I've failed in that endeavor. ;D

We've all failed. We're all insane :V

True that, here's a heavily trimmed version. I went on a rant last time.

Basically, a dream exists on a less dense plane of wave-collapse than your waking life. The ripples of energy that move throughout space/time move faster through the less dense planes than on the physical plane.  
So you can experience a ripple in dream state, and then subsequently experience that same ripple in the denser physical reality. Making it seem like you can predict the "future", when the event has actually already happened, it just hasn't manifested shifts in the physical reality yet. 

• Like 1

I've never heard of this but I can understand it playing into your fear of death. I'm also absolutely terrified of death.

But the only experience I can compare it to is over my 6th grade holidays, I dreamed of what 1st day activities we'd be doing and it happened how I dreamed it. But perhaps it's because they're the same every year.

• Like 1