"Cancer is a fungus" - Oh god what

Lizard King

So I was browsing crap on Reddit and came across this absurd story.

Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) wants to reform the rules of end-of-life medical care so that more cancer patients can simply flush out their disease using baking soda...

Fiore, who is also CEO of a healthcare company...

"If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing, let’s say, salt water, sodium cardonate, through that line, and flushing out the fungus…"

Nevada assemblywoman, CEO of a healthcare company, and she thinks cancer is a fungus you can cure with "sodium cardonate"? Jesus fucking wept. I bet she peddles "alternative medicines". Ugh. I'd never even heard of this "cancer is a fungus" bullshit, let alone realise it was popular enough for it to be specifically debunked multiple times by various agencies. I bet if that bill ever goes through, at least once someone will spontaneously go into remission while trying it and "prove" that it works.

Oh wait, now I get it, she wants the bill to pass so she can sell her "cures" to the desperate and ignorant at massively inflated rates, or get their insurance to pay for it. Brilliant!

What a fucking joke.

Also hi hello.

11 minutes ago, willow said:

I'm sure there are some cancers that are fungi. but they're only harmful to plants :uu

No, because cancer is made of your own cells that have gone put of control, cancer can not be a foreign organism.  Though viruses and other things can cause cell damage that then causes those cells to mutate and then go out of control, its really just a side effect rather than the intent of the virus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

No, because cancer is made of your own cells that have gone put of control, cancer can not be a foreign organism.  Though viruses and other things can cause cell damage that then causes those cells to mutate and then go out of control, its really just a side effect rather than the intent of the virus.

it was a joke

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Onnes said:

Might have to correct that to "was the CEO of a healthcare company".

I'm sure she still has an angle on this. Maybe she has connection with some other healthcare loon out there. Though I guess she could just be full-on delusional and thinking she's actually helping people by letting them try out this amazing cure.

Attention all! Grab your wallets and run to your local capitalist hypermarket!

Generations and generations of research, and we've finally come to the conclusion that it doesn't fucking matter because now cake cures all cancer anyway

Stuff your faces with our cheap branded doughnuts and waffles for the good of your future children

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nova said:

So every mushroom is cancer.

Good

To be honest, right, that's like saying every mushroom is athlete's foot.

If someone stepped barefoot onto a mushroom pizza, it's not gonna cause Athlete's Foot. It's just gonna piss off your non foot-fetish friends at the party

1 minute ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Why is government job and scientific literacy almost never held by the same person?

Because we have been propelled so quickly into an age of quickly-advancing technology that society has had little time to catch up.

Many of these people were given the opportunity to obtain this literacy, but they did not want it for some number of reasons.

I am a survivor of cancer and the entire premise of this idiocy both offends me and makes me weep for the future. This is third-world voodoo hogwash bullshit and it has no place in my country that used to lead in the STEM fields.

I don't know exactly where it all went wrong and beliefs in basic knowledge shifted enough to allow people like this idiot to gain power in industry as well as government, but I do have my personal ideas.

• Like 1