Whenever I See a Tumblr Nose I Want to Kill Myself

PastryOfApathy

18 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Because the homogeneous 'tumblr art style' is literally the worst fucking thing.

Also they give us shit like this which is almost a parody of itself.

OL6XbwK.jpg

Every word in that pic angers and infuriates me...

Also i dont get the mass hate train on tumblr as a site, it contains AN EXTREMELY LARGE AMOUNT of retards, but, like, just dont follow them.
Like i just follow either animal photography, or furry smut, if they start posting shit like above, unfollow, problem solved.

6 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Every word in that pic angers and infuriates me...

Also i dont get the mass hate train on tumblr as a site, it contains AN EXTREMELY LARGE AMOUNT of retards, but, like, just dont follow them.
Like i just follow either animal photography, or furry smut, if they start posting shit like above, unfollow, problem solved.

It's simply due to the fact that it's the most popular site out there that allows people to create such a powerful echo chamber. Similarly to reddit, it's alright if you learn to avoid the stupid shit but it doesn't stop it from leaking fucking everywhere.

20 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Because the homogeneous 'tumblr art style' is literally the worst fucking thing.

Also they give us shit like this which is almost a parody of itself.

OL6XbwK.jpg

As much as Tumblr complains about stuff like non-representation and everything...this is what they'd call "tokenism". "See, we're portraying all the colors of the rainbow! All ethnicities and identities! Now hear my story about demipansexual aromantic hijra Chinese Viking Shieldmaidens with curly red hair and freckles."

"I'm pretty sure those didn't exist..."

"Bigot! Check your privilege! I have a blog and a philosophy degree so I am right!".

Yeah, fuck you and your diversity quota. This stuff should flow naturally, not seem like earning chips at the PC poker table. Half of those terms there only exist on the internet. And what the fuck is wrong with Chara's cheeks? I get the flush cheeks in the concept art, but here it looks like he (she?) has like skin cancer or something. That or severe acne.

Ok, Tumblr idiocy aside...that art is kinda bad. It's dull and uninspired, kinda ugly, and just flat out unappealing to look at.

Edited by Calemeyr
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

I wasnt planning on drinking tonight but after seeing that horrible undertale shit there i think i will

Hey, that's where the red noses come from. Makes sense too, what with the idiocy of tumblr. I saw posts about "cultural appropriation protests" of kimonos at a museum (wear kimono day) and then heard that ACTUAL Japanese kimono makers are happy that kimonos are being brought into the public eye after years of decline.

I'm not sure, but I think the protestors weren't even Japanese.

Edited by Calemeyr

11 minutes ago, Calemeyr said:

Hey, that's where the red noses come from. Makes sense too, what with the idiocy of tumblr. I saw posts about "cultural appropriation protests" of kimonos at a museum (wear kimono day) and then heard that ACTUAL Japanese kimono makers are happy that kimonos are being brought into the public eye after years of decline.

I'm not sure, but I think the protestors weren't even Japanese.

I remember that, they weren't Japanese

Non-japanese protestors were trying to preach to Japanese people wearing and promoting kimonos

• Like 1

Just now, Gamedog said:

I remember that, they weren't Japanese

Non-japanese protestors were trying to preach to Japanese people wearing and promoting kimonos

That's basically SJW's in a nutshell.

It's just the modern-day resurrection of "the white man's burden" but somehow even more stupid and patronizing. Also an extra dose of self-loathing just for good measure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

They're convinced that no one ever drew red noses on characters back on DeviantArt because... Uhh... Reasons?

It's more a symbol of the increasingly homogeneous "tumblr art style" and all the awful shit that comes along with it. Red noses aren't inherently bad since they can work depending on the art style, but everyone just slaps it on their noodly-limbed, vaguely brown, fat, genderqueer, trans, otherkin and call it a day.

• Like 2

I don't mind people having their own interpretations of characters from Undertale, but that just looks like they tried to get as many different ones in as possible, regardless of relevancy to the character. There's not even a single STRAIGHT person in that, unless nonbinary is a fancier term for it... Is being attracted to opposite sex simply that disgusting to tumblr-creatures? I don't get it...

And without looking into the terms cause there would be too much to google, I like to imagine pansexual as someone attracted to frying pans. "Dirty hot pans on stoves 2: The saucening", how lewd!

3 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

It's more a symbol of the increasingly homogeneous "tumblr art style"

This statement is literally nothing different from people saying 'DeviantArt art style' five years ago.  I'm sorry, this isn't new, this is just the same old thing, artists who are exposed to a lot of other artists, are emulating those who are the most popular and get seen the most.  I'm just at a loss as to why, and you're not the first one I've seen say this, think it's some new and unique phenomena to Tumblr.  Cause, that's where the artists are going.  DA was the place, FA was the place for furries, but those sites are not dying the death of 1000 cuts from better art sites; It'll be Tumblr that kills them, it'll be whatever is different and more popular than Tumblr that'll kill Tumblr.  Just like how forums weren't killed by better forums, they were killed by facebook.

You guys just have no appreciation for history.  ...Very, very, VERY recent history...

3 minutes ago, Muugu said:

I don't mind people having their own interpretations of characters from Undertale, but that just looks like they tried to get as many different ones in as possible, regardless of relevancy to the character. There's not even a single STRAIGHT person in that, unless nonbinary is a fancier term for it... Is being attracted to opposite sex simply that disgusting to tumblr-creatures? I don't get it...

And without looking into the terms cause there would be too much to google, I like to imagine pansexual as someone attracted to frying pans. "Dirty hot pans on stoves 2: The saucening", how lewd!

Most interesting part to me is how they made the goat character a Muslim..... S:
and no straights
and like two white people but those white people are non-problematic because they're demiboydemigendertransmasclesbian whatever

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This statement is literally nothing different from people saying 'DeviantArt art style' five years ago.  I'm sorry, this isn't new, this is just the same old thing, artists who are exposed to a lot of other artists, are emulating those who are the most popular and get seen the most.  I'm just at a loss as to why, and you're not the first one I've seen say this, think it's some new and unique phenomena to Tumblr.  Cause, that's where the artists are going.  DA was the place, FA was the place for furries, but those sites are not dying the death of 1000 cuts from better art sites; It'll be Tumblr that kills them, it'll be whatever is different and more popular than Tumblr that'll kill Tumblr.  Just like how forums weren't killed by better forums, they were killed by facebook.

You guys just have no appreciation for history.  ...Very, very, VERY recent history...

No one ever said this was some kind of new phenomena. I mean this is a furry forum for fucks sake, so don't go putting words in my mouth.

The fact that this isn't the first time something like this has happened doesn't suddenly absolve it from criticism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PastryOfApathy said:

It's more a symbol of the increasingly homogeneous "tumblr art style" and all the awful shit that comes along with it. Red noses aren't inherently bad since they can work depending on the art style, but everyone just slaps it on their noodly-limbed, vaguely brown, fat, genderqueer, trans, otherkin and call it a day.

So why is that nose style bad and why is the triangle nose the better alternative?