Whenever I See a Tumblr Nose I Want to Kill Myself

PastryOfApathy

4 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Because the homogeneous 'tumblr art style' is literally the worst fucking thing.

Also they give us shit like this which is almost a parody of itself.

OL6XbwK.jpg

did they just play the game once and make random out of place guesses?

like....how the hell did they come up with asdfljgtga;gkasvnsblkjsd for Mad Dummy? I don't even know what half those words mean

2 minutes ago, Dogsnout said:

It sounds like...nobody nose what this thread is.

GET OUT

Edited by evan

3 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I just wanna point this thing out because it never stops being hilarious.

Asgore, genetic (formerly) married father. Gay transgender man.

Brilliant.

also the sad irony of this is that undertale doesn't have clear "sexes" but they do have actual genders that the creator just blatantly ignored for a more LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ image

papyrus, sans. brothers! male identifier. JUST KIDDING SANS IS AGENDER

also how are both asgore AND toriel trans, that makes no sense

i'm usually down for whatever but this is all just a fuckin stretch man. 

Edited by evan

4 minutes ago, evan said:

also the sad irony of this is that undertale doesn't have clear "sexes" but they do have actual genders that the creator just blatantly ignored for a more LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ image

papyrus, sans. brothers! male identifier. JUST KIDDING SANS IS AGENDER

also how are both asgore AND toriel trans, that makes no sense

i'm usually down for whatever but this is all just a fuckin stretch man. 

What's funny is Toby Fox probably doesn't even give a damn about any of that. I've read interviews by him, and he explicitly avoids any questions about the gender and sexuality of his characters.

Just now, MuttButt said:

What's funny is Toby Fox probably doesn't even give a damn about any of that. I've read interviews by him, and he explicitly avoids any questions about the gender and sexuality of his characters.

i can imagine. it's just more that sometimes i see these things and in some ways people are taking those characters and portraying them how they personally want them, less so a variation on the original. it's not a massive deal, it's just hard to see how this is really actually undertale characters as the transformation becomes less and less based on the persona as described in the game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

Because it's literally an unwinnable situation where the only winning move is not to play.

You can't pander to tumblr, it's virtually impossible. Reason being that literally no matter what you do, you're never going to be diverse or inclusive enough for them. They will without fail find something completely ridiculous "problematic". You're dealing with people who've collectively tried to drive a teenager to fucking suicide because she didn't draw a character black enough for them.

These are not rational people and shouldn't be treated as such.

• Like 5

Just now, evan said:

like....how the hell did they come up with asdfljgtga;gkasvnsblkjsd for Mad Dummy? I don't even know what half those words mean

Allow me.

Trans masc denotes transitioning to a more masculine state.

Demi means half. So I'm going to assume this means while Mad Dummy is in essence "bigender", he only identifies with the male aspect of it.

lithoromantic- He apparently has a romantic thing for stone statues despite having little to no interest in sex. 

3 minutes ago, Bloodshot_Eyes said:

Allow me.

Trans masc denotes transitioning to a more masculine state.

Demi means half. So I'm going to assume this means while Mad Dummy is in essence "bigender", he only identifies with the male aspect of it.

lithoromantic- He apparently has a romantic thing for stone statues despite having little to no interest in sex. 

Trans masc? Jesus christ that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Just now, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Trans masc? Jesus christ that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Not really. 

It's just an FtM with a different implication of how far one believes they can get in a gender transition. 

I KNOW I'm not becoming an actual woman. I'm not transitioning to become a woman. It's impossible. I'm essentially transitioning to be a more feminine version of me, but my body's still male. Trans feminine is not a bad term to describe that.

IMO, Trans femme and trans masc are more accurate terms for the kind of gender transition that is realistic/possible in this day and age.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Because the homogeneous 'tumblr art style' is literally the worst fucking thing.

OL6XbwK.jpg

I like how the only white ones are a genocidal maniac and someone who killed six children

i bet the person who made this is white

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

I like how the only white ones are a genocidal maniac and someone who killed six children

i bet the person who made this is white

Of course they are. After all it's literally impossible for a black person to have that much white guilt.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

1 hour ago, Bloodshot_Eyes said:

Not really. 

It's just an FtM with a different implication of how far one believes they can get in a gender transition. 

I KNOW I'm not becoming an actual woman. I'm not transitioning to become a woman. It's impossible. I'm essentially transitioning to be a more feminine version of me, but my body's still male. Trans feminine is not a bad term to describe that.

IMO, Trans femme and trans masc are more accurate terms for the kind of gender transition that is realistic/possible in this day and age.

This'd, for sure! All of that would be pretty correct.

I dont think theres anything else to add. Except I initially didnt like 'transmasculine' when I first heard it even though it would be an accurate description. But I just think making up too many new words to describe things ends up closer to special snowflake territory. Even though it's a good descriptor, I think trans could simply fit the whole broad range aspect of it. But I dont know...I only heard that term recently so if it's a legit thing then whatever.

eh, white people do tend to have a bit of redness in the nose and cheeks but it's not normally to the extremes that Tumblr usually makes it

12 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

OL6XbwK.jpg

honestly, I wouldn't have such a problem with these types of headcanons if they stayed that way, but it's gotten to a point where you literally cannot argue that a character isn't transmasc, nonbinary, ace/aro, autistic with bpd tendencies without someone throwing a fit and saying you're problematic. most of their headcanons are terrible anyway. maybe if I were in my younger years on Tumblr I'd appreciate this but honestly, it just gives me a headache and I scroll past these post every time I see them. also characters can't be white because that's racist. I remember when people would literally send hatemail to artists because they drew the Homestuck kids as white. they honestly think they're entitled to these characters and well..it's annoying,,,

I will say that out of all those characters, Frisk (and Chara I guess) are canonically nonbinary and Alphys is canonically bisexual, which a lot of people forget because Alphyne

Edited by willow
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

OL6XbwK.jpg

See, this annoys me way more than the nose thing ever will. (Personally, I don't give a shit about that, because it's just a stylization thing.)

This, though.
Just why?
Mad Dummy is more attractive than MTT. A character that was literally given the most attractive body (by conventional standards) in the game.

Asgore, Frisk, and Undyne, on top of that, are the only designs I can see having any connection to their in-game selves. (And that's disregarding the shoehorned sexual identity / sexuality stuff.)
Hell, even Chara looks weird. And Chara was already human. (Good job making the character who grins consistently, to the point where it's unnerving, as one of the only who's not smiling in the picture.)

I've made my fair share of human (and otherwise) AUs,
but at least you can tell who the fuck they're supposed to be in canon.

heights435.thumb.png.fc8638624bbdd6a4c3e

9 minutes ago, willow said:

eh, white people do tend to have a bit of redness in the nose and cheeks but it's not normally to the extremes that Tumblr usually makes it

honestly, I wouldn't have such a problem with these types of headcanons if they stayed that way, but it's gotten to a point where you literally cannot argue that a character isn't transmasc, nonbinary, ace/aro, autistic with bpd tendencies without someone throwing a fit and saying you're problematic. most of their headcanons are terrible anyway. maybe if I were in my younger years on Tumblr I'd appreciate this but honestly, it just gives me a headache and I scroll past these post every time I see them. also characters can't be white because that's racist. I remember when people would literally send hatemail to artists because they drew the Homestuck kids as white.

I will say that out of all those characters, Frisk (and Chara I guess) are canonically nonbinary and Alphys is canonically bisexual, which a lot of people forget because Alphyne

Agreed. I really dont care about their silly gender headcanons...as long as theyre just that. Like holy hell the only thing that the creator made 'canon' regarding gender/sexuality is what you said: Frisk/Cara and Alphys. Everything else is just people wanting to make up fun little side descriptors but it isn't remotely mentioned in the storyline. So when they start throwing SJW fits about how art isn't fitting their silly little headcanons, that's where the line should be drawn.

I think it's great enough that they actually had canonical nongendered characters and a character with a homo/bi sexuality. But the kids in the fanbase are trying too hard to prove their into equality/PC-ness

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Agreed. I really dont care about their silly gender headcanons...as long as theyre just that. Like holy hell the only thing that the creator made 'canon' regarding gender/sexuality is what you said: Frisk/Cara and Alphys. Everything else is just people wanting to make up fun little side descriptors but it isn't remotely mentioned in the storyline. So when they start throwing SJW fits about how art isn't fitting their silly little headcanons, that's where the line should be drawn.

I think it's great enough that they actually had canonical nongendered characters and a character with a homo/bi sexuality. But the kids in the fanbase are trying too hard to prove their into equality/PC-ness

on some level I understand that they want characters who are just like them and yes, we need more diverse characters in games and movies but at some point I think they're better off just making OCs.

I meant to add Undyne in there too. she's canonically a lesbian at least. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, willow said:

honestly, I wouldn't have such a problem with these types of headcanons if they stayed that way, but it's gotten to a point where you literally cannot argue that a character isn't transmasc, nonbinary, ace/aro, autistic with bpd tendencies without someone throwing a fit and saying you're problematic. most of their headcanons are terrible anyway. maybe if I were in my younger years on Tumblr I'd appreciate this but honestly, it just gives me a headache and I scroll past these post every time I see them. also characters can't be white because that's racist. I remember when people would literally send hatemail to artists because they drew the Homestuck kids as white.

That's the fucked part, shit's already really goddamn diverse. Like not even in a pandery way like Borderlands 2 or something, but that's not good enough for them oh no.

The hilarious part too is that I can guarantee that this is still considered "problematic". Being Toby Fox must be suffering.

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

That's the fucked part, shit's already really goddamn diverse. Like not even in a pandery way like Borderlands 2 or something, but that's not good enough for them oh no.

The hilarious part too is that I can guarantee that this is still considered "problematic". Being Toby Fox must be suffering.

I doubt it. not when he has people selling unlicensed merch and cons and stuff.

though hopefully the fandom dies down eventually like he wants it to instead of becoming the next Homestuck. because that would be awful.

I think the nose after, which is a random face-triangle, is worse. It's more of a symbol than a nose...and I've always only ever seen a face-triangle when I've watched animations that are like that. I just don't see it as a nose. 

Because it's literally an unwinnable situation where the only winning move is not to play.

You can't pander to tumblr, it's virtually impossible. Reason being that literally no matter what you do, you're never going to be diverse or inclusive enough for them. They will without fail find something completely ridiculous "problematic". You're dealing with people who've collectively tried to drive a teenager to fucking suicide because she didn't draw a character black enough for them.

These are not rational people and shouldn't be treated as such.

I share your frustration at the buzzword 'problematic', especially since students at University regularly describe trivial things as 'problematic'.

For instance, the feminist society which accredits my departments' 'women in science' award noticed that, sometimes, after seminars a lecturer will invite their friends along to the pub for a drink and chatter. 

This behaviour is, apparently, 'problematic' and must be crushed because it marginalises women and parents...some fucking how. 

Edited by Saxon

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think the nose after, which is a random face-triangle, is worse. It's more of a symbol than a nose...and I've always only ever seen a face-triangle when I've watched animations that are like that. I just don't see it as a nose. 

what do you have against the Villager's nose?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/animalcrossing/images/e/eb/Villager_SSB4.png/revision/latest?cb=20130611213452

I return to this thread hours later just to stare at the Humantale image. I do enjoy diversity, but sometimes I forget how far Tumblr goes to try and promote that diversity. I've never been on the community's bad side, but my own (irl) friends have been victims of threats, and told to commit suicide simply because they have different opinions and headcanons than the norm.

Honestly, I don't mind that fans can mold some of the characters to fit their interpretation. I'm always pretty excited to see people have their own headcanons of my favorite characters being represented how I represent myself. However, I do mind when people start shoving those interpretation down people's throats.

I'm just being nose-y though. Don't mind me :u

14 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Of course they're all special snowflakes, and only one of them is white
OF COURSE

I could see at least 2 white people in there. One of them has blond hair and blue eyes, the other has brown hair and green eyes. There is also a blond haired brown eyed person who might be white? It's kind of difficult to tell. 

Edited by Saxon