The Tarantino Thread.

CreatorNerd

I have to agree with Azurex, matter of fact I thought Tarantino only made/makes violent movies. I didn't watch a whole lotta movies from the guy, though I did see Django Unchained and Pulp Fiction (and also the last part of that one movie where three girls in a car chase some guy in another car and then kill him or something), both excellent movies. I really like the dialogues in Tarantino's movies and the characters are always interesting

Edit: Oh you basically said not so violent. My bad

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Amiir said:

I have to agree with Azurex, matter of fact I thought Tarantino only made/makes violent movies. I didn't watch a whole lotta movies from the guy, though I did see Django Unchained and Pulp Fiction (and also the last part of that one movie where three girls in a car chase some guy in another car and then kill him or something), both excellent movies. I really like the dialogues in Tarantino's movies and the characters are always interesting

Edit: Oh you basically said not so violent. My bad

Yeah I just re-edited that.

I think most of his earlier movies were tamer in the blood and gore department such as Reservoir Dogs. Kill Bill Vol 2 was also a little tamer than the first.

I'm honestly at a loss as to why people are raving over Hateful 8 being projected on mm film in some theaters.  I get that the movie was shot on 65mm film and there is certainly a look and feel to large format imaging, be it digital or analog, however the film was then developed and digitally scanned for editing and everything else like any film shot on digital cameras.  It's not like someone was literally cutting film old school an old steenbeck or something.  So what's the draw of a digital image then baked into a 65mm film to be projected instead of just spitting it through a large format DCP (Digital Cinema Package) projector?

On January 2, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Rhíulchabán said:

I haven't seen too many of his movies, but I really enjoy them when I do watch them. I probably like Pulp Fiction the best, just everything about that movie has a certain feel to it that makes me laugh yet feel uncomfortable everytime (the one with Vampires in Mexico that I can't remember the name of was pretty good too).

Ir's From Dusk Till Dawn it was - he wrote but didn't direct it.

Edited by NerdyMunk

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Hateful eight was a really good movie, but all the Tarantino movies are really good. the Kill Bill movies i think are my favorite of his.

Yeah Kill Bill is easily one of my favorites too. Mostly since it's the one where he didn't bother trying to have some kind of complex, interwoven plot and just threw up his hands and said "alright here's like 2 hours of awesome samurai and revenge movie tropes and Uma Thurman chopping up fuckers."

I mean literally every Tarantino movie ultimately descends into a glorious orgy of comically over-the-top of violence anyways so it's nice to see him just cut out all pretensions of being 'smart' and give everyone what they (including himself) really want.

• 1 month later...