Editing older posts?

Calemeyr

Any way to remove the timer and just have anytime-edits, because that would allow for Megathreads, Tutorials, and Resource Threads.

That would be ideal, especially in the Art Exchange, having the ability to edit weather or not the slots are filled is big! That goes for Black market as well.

So that we can remove the time limit, whilst being able to hold people accountable to bullshitting? :3

If someone is being unsavoury we can easily police them with screenshots and report the offenders. We shouldn't limit post edit times over something like that because it limits the creative power of many users.. 

I am for people having unlimited post edit time

Edited by Nolow
I have dyslexia so I always have to go back and edit misspellings and Grammatical errors as I catch them..

A gotcha with the new forum is that double-posting after the edit window expires does what you'd expect, bump the thread with a new post, but double-posting within the edit window will merge the posts automatically.  If the edit window is extended to an unlimited time, then you'll never be able to bump a thread unless it has a reply in between, making this a double-edged sword.

• Like 1

A gotcha with the new forum is that double-posting after the edit window expires does what you'd expect, bump the thread with a new post, but double-posting within the edit window will merge the posts automatically.  If the edit window is extended to an unlimited time, then you'll never be able to bump a thread unless it has a reply in between, making this a double-edged sword.

Maybe but we already have established a grace period of 7 days before you bump your own thread. If you want to "bump" it sooner then you will need to have some kind of new content to add to the conversation anyways. It doesn't exactly kill a thread. Especially in both the Art exchange and black market, I can edit my main post to say slots open again and then post the finished pictures as a reply to acts as a bump to the thread letting users know that you're relevant again and announce your new list of slots open to the public. 

Also Updating a thread doesn't go unnoticed since we have a follow system that will/can send out a daily/weekly report of changes in the thread (Or I believe that is how it works) via Email. So people wanting to keep up on the latest free slot need only follow the thread and set up there notifications accordingly.  

Well the double edged sword could be easily fixed by simply adding an additional parameter that is the max time double post merging is allowed to occur. I would say 24 hours is a good time to start with auto merging, but we then enable infinite editing. Also the ability to enable infinite editing on a forum basis would be most ideal. This means forums that NEED the feature can get it, and that those that don't need infinite editing can be as per normal. That is also an idea to work with.

The auto-merge timer and the edit timer are separate.

• Like 1