Episode of a TV Show Makes Me Fume

Sidewalk Surfboard

Be warned, y'all, this is a Sidewalk rant, and I think you know what direction it'll go.
http://engineeringcreative.com/videos/rock-afire-explosion-on-shipping-wars

Jesus fucking christ I am boiling mad. Holy fuuucking shiiiit. This episode of "Shipping Wars" is the first TV show that has ever made me want to punch a wall, ever. This woman is a cunt, pure and simple. She's the type of lady that complains to the manager at a restaurant for smiling at her the wrong way. The way she treats him is just NOT OK. I get mad easily, but I get extra pissing mad when you talk badly to or about Fechter. Keep that information in tact, people, in case you ever need to piss me the fuck off. Don't fuck with the Rock Afire, don't fuck with Fechter, and I'll be ok with you. I'm gonna get an aneurysm from being this angry in the morning.

Y'know I thought this would just be Sidewalk over-reacting to something. 

I'm also shocked that this obscure fandom somehow ended up on a TV show. 

But yeah, that lady was awful. 

Not salty at all to use the word "cunt" in this case. 

I support you Sidewalk. I also feel your pain. Rockacfire explosion deserved more respect than this.

(I can't believe I just typed this.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jcstinks said:

You know that these shows are fake, right? Like, they're entertainment. Like, with entertainers and scripts and producers.

Once on Storage Wars they fund an NTSC copy of Stadium Events for NES in a locker and it was appraised at $15 000.  I was like 'HA HA AH.  YOU FUCKING LIE.  An NTSC Copy of Stadium Events would be TOTALLY documented in the collecting scene'.  Hard core collectors seeing the episode recognized the cartridge as being a PAL copy with a value of like... $30, rather than $15 000.

I just remember where someone "bought" like a storage unit on one of those shows and when they opened it, it literally exploded and it was the most hilariously unconvincing thing ever.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Once on Storage Wars they fund an NTSC copy of Stadium Events for NES in a locker and it was appraised at $15 000.  I was like 'HA HA AH.  YOU FUCKING LIE.  An NTSC Copy of Stadium Events would be TOTALLY documented in the collecting scene'.  Hard core collectors seeing the episode recognized the cartridge as being a PAL copy with a value of like... $30, rather than $15 000.

There was that one time where some random spanish guy thought a beat-up, broken NES was worth $13,000 because it was "first Nintendo DS built," and that "The last one that sold with five games in the internet for $13,000." I couldn't find a video sadly, but I've seen it before and it went exactly how you expected it, stock Pac-Man sounds and all.

Of course the auction he was referring to was from some random mom cleaning out her kid's old stuff which just so happened to include an honest-to-god sealed copy of Stadium Events.

Another fun fact, said random Spanish guy went on to kill himself after getting caught doing meth by the cops. The more you know...

> Reality tv.

There's your problem.

Why would you ever trust a reality tv show to handle anything with legitimate care and professionalism?
They're specifically designed around the idea of stuff fucking up, because that's what brings in an audience, and thus money.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:07 PM, PastryOfApathy said:

There was that one time where some random spanish guy thought a beat-up, broken NES was worth $13,000 because it was "first Nintendo DS built," and that "The last one that sold with five games in the internet for $13,000." I couldn't find a video sadly, but I've seen it before and it went exactly how you expected it, stock Pac-Man sounds and all.

Of course the auction he was referring to was from some random mom cleaning out her kid's old stuff which just so happened to include an honest-to-god sealed copy of Stadium Events.

Yeah, I'm actually familiar with his segments and his death.  What's sad is, I don't think that was faked.  I think he REALLY did believe he found 'NES-001' that was worth a tonne of money and that this was his payday. :(