Polygon Journalist Getting Rekt by Twitter

Ratmomma

In my many internet travels, as I am a well oiled nomad of the internet, I happened upon an angry little man named Samit Sakar, who currently is working under the great shamed anus that is Polygon (Gamergate, anyone?). He's lamenting over the ruling in favor of Hulk Hogan against Gawker. For this invasion of privacy:

The damages awarded to Mr. Bollea (Hogan's legal last name) on Friday were compensatory: $55 million for economic harm and $60 million for emotional distress. Punitive damages will be established separately, which raises the prospect that Gawker will have to submit to a detailed examination of its finances in court so the jury can assess the scale of the damages.

And for his apparent support for Gawker and their warped belief that leaking sex tapes is perfectly legit news, he's getting shit on quite thoroughly on Twitter. Two of my choice picks:

juice ‏@juicechugger  16h16 hours ago

lmoa theres a huge difference between leaking a celebrity sex tape and a serious scandal get fucking real @SamitSarkar

56ed7f3eaecf2_Screenshot(5)hy.png.75ea45

But of course, Twitter didn't stop there. A user posted this super helpful link for all too see. Such a shame that Sarkar can't delete content fast enough, eh?

I'll admit, I did to a point and laugh when I seen this guy works for Polygon. Does ANYONE take that company serious anymore? 

So, what's anyone's thoughts on this latest round of Polygon stupidity?

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so feel free to nuke it if it's floating around on some part of the site I don't even bat an eye at.

I don't know much about Polygon, but they never bothered to check out my video game's demo when I sent ot to them a few months back.

Fuck Gawker and it's affiliates though. Sucks that a ton of people will probably lose their jobs because of a few cunts making cunty decisions though. Not like the Kotaku guys said, "yeah go ahead and post that sex tape, parent affiliates!"

2 hours ago, Conker said:

I don't know much about Polygon, but they never bothered to check out my video game's demo when I sent ot to them a few months back.

Fuck Gawker and it's affiliates though. Sucks that a ton of people will probably lose their jobs because of a few cunts making cunty decisions though. Not like the Kotaku guys said, "yeah go ahead and post that sex tape, parent affiliates!"

Huh... maybe they get a lot of that kind of thing and just.. eh? I have no idea. What kind of game did you make? Does it exist online anywhere?

Gawker is just... ick. I like to think they're on the same level as those shitty celebrity gossip mags you see when you're waiting in line to check out at the grocery store: gossip, bullshit, and ads. Also interesting to learn that they got sued for the same thing good ol' Neer was pulling with that Silver Eagle guy...not paying the guy for his working on the site's code and all, only this is Gawker.

29 minutes ago, Ratmomma said:

Huh... maybe they get a lot of that kind of thing and just.. eh? I have no idea. What kind of game did you make? Does it exist online anywhere?

Gawker is just... ick. I like to think they're on the same level as those shitty celebrity gossip mags you see when you're waiting in line to check out at the grocery store: gossip, bullshit, and ads. Also interesting to learn that they got sued for the same thing good ol' Neer was pulling with that Silver Eagle guy...not paying the guy for his working on the site's code and all, only this is Gawker.

Indie games are kind of at a point where unless it's AMAZING from the getgo, sites want a review copy when it's done and little else. I've a feeling they'll cover us when the game is fnished or at least closer along.

And yeah. Gawker sucks balls :P

Gawker media owns Kotaku and Jezebel along with Gawker itself. In short, this lawsuit could singlehandedly make journalism significantly better on the internet overall, as it will most likely kill all of these websites.

I'm happy for Hulk Hogan as well, who had a court order sent to Gawker I believe to have his sex tapes taken down, which they refused to comply to.

Also: Gawker realizes that joking doesn't work in the court room

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 3

Seeing Gawker, Polygon and the rest of the shameless clickbait trash feeling the wrath of HULKAMANIA(!!!) is one of the greatest things ever. 

Sure Hogan is a racist asshole, but I guess the enemy of my enemy is my friend. May HULKAMANIA RUN WILD FOREVER BROTHER!!! 

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Gawker media owns Kotaku and Jezebel along with Gawker itself. In short, this lawsuit could singlehandedly make journalism significantly better on the internet overall, as it will most likely kill all of these websites.

I'm happy for Hulk Hogan as well, who had a court order sent to Gawker I believe to have his sex tapes taken down, which they refused to comply to.

Also: Gawker realizes that joking doesn't work in the court room

I'd be very pleased to see all those shit sites off the internet. One less section of "THIS WEEK IN CELEBRITY GOSSIP: TOM HIDDLESTON CONFIRMED GILF, HILLDOG A HELL'S ANGELS BIKER????? EXCLUSIVE LEAKED PHOTOS!11!! ZOE QUINN ATE AT 5 GUYS RESTAURANTS CONFIRMED, EXCLUSIVE FRY COOK INTERVIEW"

This Polygon journalist bro must be intensely butthurt that his career as a lying, exploitative, glorified blogger is going down in flames, and the internet just points and laughs at him with intense, shared catharsis.

Also, HAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, that first few minutes was so satisfying :'D I've got it on in the background now for further potential satisfaction.

5 hours ago, Conker said:

Indie games are kind of at a point where unless it's AMAZING from the getgo, sites want a review copy when it's done and little else. I've a feeling they'll cover us when the game is fnished or at least closer along.

And yeah. Gawker sucks balls :P

They're certainly a lot more common now than they were a few years ago with the rise of crowdfunding and access to better programs AND a variety of them. They might now be seen as a "oh yeah, sure kid, leave it on the desk there and see yourself out, I got Hogan jerk tapes to leak."

Edited by Ratmomma
now with lelz
  • Like 1

Although there's no one I like at Kotaku, good riddance! There's actually people of worth over at Polygon, at least on the video media side of things.

Not that any of the stuff I like by these people really ends up as a type of journalism. 

Griffin and Justin are alright and fun to watch, but theres also Nick Robinson who migrated from Rev3 when that RIP'd

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I don't understand why a sex tape fiasco is worth hundreds of millions of dollars? I agree that posting someone's private sex videos is wrong, but I am having trouble understanding why it's worth this amount of money. 

It's compensation for the fact that this whole fiasco effectively ruined his career, and last time I checked he makes a lot of money. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I don't understand why a sex tape fiasco is worth hundreds of millions of dollars? I agree that posting someone's private sex videos is wrong, but I am having trouble understanding why it's worth this amount of money. 

I know what you mean, but when it's being taken from a virtual ragsheet and being given to this dude:

image.thumb.jpeg.f1d68026528595687a2d7a5

I can't say I mind all that much.