Can't Edit Posts Without Posting Attached Images

PastryOfApathy

Testing.

I got a bunch of GIF's saved in the attached file thing in the bottom that I can't delete and they always get posted when I edit a post no matter what and it's fucking annoying.

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't happen with OP's and I can't double post. gg

Are there little trash can icons in the lower-right corner of each image?

Wow, the no-double-post thing is really neat, though I wish it showed some sort of separator between them.

Edited by ArielMT
Removed both of two images.

Testing.

Are there little trash can icons in the lower-right corner of each image?

Wow, the no-double-post thing is really neat, though I wish it showed some sort of separator between them.

Yeah, I delete them all but they still show up in the post and don't actually go away.

Case and point, everything's deleted while I edited it.

Edited by ArielMT
Fuck this image garbage. [ArielMT deleted images]

If it isn't listed somewhere under My Attachments then it's caught in the cache someplace on your browser, at best guess right now. I would suggest clearing it and logging back in to see if the issue resolves.

I had something similar (I believe) happen while trying to add URLs and I am suspecting an issue with the AJAX/Javascript elements and how they play with my preferred browser.

That's why if the image/video is nsfw. I always add it as a 'link' instead of directly copying the link into the textbox. Then I don't have to worry about anything getting embedded.

Also there is a glitch when you attach an image to a post and make another post and try to edit it, for some reason it will automatically attach the last image from the previous post into your edited post after you save it.

Just got a warning for embedding NSFW images.

The cause of that is your system to remove image attachments is broken.

Even after clicking remove, they get auto-inserted, even in editing.

That's why there's a duplicate copy of "Life Without Dick" movie cover posted in another thread - your attachment system is broken.

I reversed that, as you probably didn't intend to, but you do need to mark links as NSFW.

That's why if the image/video is nsfw. I always add it as a 'link' instead of directly copying the link into the textbox. Then I don't have to worry about anything getting embedded.

Also there is a glitch when you attach an image to a post and make another post and try to edit it, for some reason it will automatically attach the last image from the previous post into your edited post after you save it.

The editor used, is a version of CKEditor (which is a third party module), a cursory search shows issues reported that show up in one browser but not another. The only issue I consistently see is where the lower portion of the editor will sometimes jump around as the text gets close to the right-hand edge of the edit window and I suspect it to be a bug in CKEditor and/or my browser.

On the matter of content sticking in the editor buffer when you've made one post and go to make another, I have experienced that only if I've started a post by quoting another but then go to cancel and make a post in another thread, the content that was in the buffer will still be there. Ctrl A + Del takes care of it.

On the matter of attachments, they should be deletable and if you have uploaded attachments you should also be able to delete them from My Attachments under your user-name at the top of the page, the only other suggestion would be clearing the cache as again I suspect this to be a CKEditor/Browser bug.

The more information on reproducing the issue, and what browser is being used, the better my chances of opening a bug ticket with IPS and poking them into fixing it.

I encountered this as well. It occured after I attached an image, added it to a post, then deleted the attachment and uploaded another version with a different name. I was also able to resolve it by removing it from the My Attachments page.

I also use Firefox 40.0.3, with AdBlock Plus, No Script, Ghostery, and a few others that may or may not be relevant: BetterPrivacy, Classic Theme Restorer. I also use Private Browsing mode.

Edited by DrGravitas
Actually, FireGloves is off, so it's probably not relevant.