Uptight People Who Think They Are Not Uptight

#00Buck

This has been a Good Thread. 

Anyway, I know I can honestly say I have an open mind.
I may not like everything you do, but I will respect you anyway. (Unless you have bad taste in music)
I may cringe violently at first, but I'll get over it.
And if you're right, and I'm wrong, I'll own up to it.

But I can also honestly say that irl I can be incredibly stuffy. 
Unless I know you well; then I'm just horrible. B|

3 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I loathe having stomach pain, and so that seeing bloated stomachs and stuff like that kind of makes me think of stomach pain, and I'm, well, not a fan of that.

EXACTLY!!! Inflationists are even worse. I know what that feels like and it ain't sexual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

EXACTLY!!! Inflationists are even worse. I know what that feels like and it ain't sexual.

Preach it, brotha, preach it. 

I may not understand why they like it, but whatever floats their boat, as long as they don't try to force it on others.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

That is the most sexual image of a snail I have ever seen.

I didn't know sails could be sexual.

It has parasites in its eyes, causing the colourful pulsation to attract a bird, so that they can complete their life cycle in its digestive tract. 

Very sexy. 

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

It has parasites in its eyes, causing the colourful pulsation to attract a bird, so that they can complete their life cycle in its digestive tract. 

Very sexy. 

My dinner rarely has the good manners to flash and indicate where it is.

That being said, if my food has flashing parasites, as a rule of thumb I don't eat it.

I'm very uptight about eating parasites.

Edited by Feelwell the Rabbit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Endless/Nameless said:

This has been a Good Thread. 

Anyway, I know I can honestly say I have an open mind.
I may not like everything you do, but I will respect you anyway. (Unless you have bad taste in music)
I may cringe violently at first, but I'll get over it.
And if you're right, and I'm wrong, I'll own up to it.

But I can also honestly say that irl I can be incredibly stuffy. 
Unless I know you well; then I'm just horrible. B|

I went to a panel on inflation. 

Not the economic kind. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, #00Buck said:

I went to a panel on inflation. 

Not the economic kind. 

Did attending that panel make you a better person? Give you newfound insight into the world we live in? Restore your faith in humanity?

Edited by Flake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Flake said:

Did attending that panel make you a better person? Give you newfound insight into the world we live in? Restore your faith in humanity?

Not really. But now I do know why they tie a rope around the neck of the inflation. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xaende said:

Sounds like you're blowing it out of proportion. :P

Puns are my fetish.

6 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Hey man, don't burst his bubble.

Oh. I have not experienced this many puns since Pun-Con 2015. 

Edited by #00Buck
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Puns are my fetish.

Oh. I have not experienced this many puns since Pun-Con 2015. 

I went to one of those, and alll they did was take my money. What a con.

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

That's what got Rainbow Con 2014 banned from the hotel. 

The band from the hotel? They're okay, but they mostly play covers.

6 minutes ago, Xaende said:

I went to one of those, and alll they did was take my money. What a con.

The band from the hotel? They're okay, but they mostly play covers.

I have no words to describe how terrible those are. 

You have hit rock bottom.

and started digging.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I have no words to describe how terrible those are. 

You have hit rock bottom.

and started digging.

d6d222f8e537e65adb7f5be0c7464109.jpg

I started digging them a long time ago.

*ducks*

*flies away with the ducks*

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Why do Americans think that China is on the opposite side of the world to them? It's not even in the southern hemisphere. 

Its just an old saying and not meant to be taken literally, like calling something an "ancient Chinese secret". I guess you could call the saying an ancient chinese meme XP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

Why do Americans think that China is on the opposite side of the world to them? It's not even in the southern hemisphere. 

I imagine people never think to cross the Pacific because of the way maps are normally laid out.

5 minutes ago, Pignog said:

inflation panel

the ropes are tied around their necks so their heads don't blow up iirc

See me and Pignog are in the know about inflatables. 

We have like special know how from the panel.

Oh, and in the photo they are inflating them not giving them yiff. 

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

No. 

You see inflatables are not for normal yiff. 

It is all about the "riding."

You see, Buck is in the "riding" for a "Master of Inflatable Yiff" award this year, and he's brushing up on his knowledge. Just pray he does not try and demonstrate.

You see it all starts in the brain with the idea of an inflation.

But then you need a special computer program to make the design. 

Then it is off to Germany the "Land of Latex" where a special factory makes the giant inflatables a reality. 

You see. One does not simply "ride" an inflatable. 

There is a secret to the fun of inflation...

On 4/11/2016 at 11:08 PM, #00Buck said:

Most people who think they are accepting and tolerant are only tolerant and accepting of people who are exactly the same as them. 

I also find that people who make the biggest claims about being accepting are the least accepting and most uptight people going.

Yup. It's a good rule of thumb to be at least a bit suspicious of someone who always has to make a big, loud production about being a certain way.

Interestingly, on the flip  side of that coin, friends of mine who are loud and outspoken about being a TOTAL ASSHOLE WHO HATES EVERYONE are secretly rather nice and easygoing, if you can demonstrate you're not a moron or a scam artist.

Your post definitely reminded me of the liberals who magically morph into NIMBY PTA president soccer moms, or even, straight-up freepers at the slightest suggestion that they'll have to share resources, space, time, or rights with someone who isn't "them." (Apparently the new term for these people is bro-gressive?)

You also reminded me of the liberals I've encountered who'll wax poetic tolerance, equality, and especially, gay rights, and but then happily go off on "furfags," invoking all of the standard homophobic and misogynistic tropes in the process. I'm apparently not the only person who's run into these types, either: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-631745.html

In a different vein, I am freaked out by people who project an easygoing and chillax aura, but are actually rigid, angry, resentful, insecure, and controlling under the skin, because their contradictory vibes and behavior always throw me for a loop.

Derek Savage seems to be a good mainstream example of someone who probably sees themselves as a chill bro, but who flips out when you cross him. I also had a teacher in middle school whom all the kids lauded as JUST THE COOLEST, but something about her always made me feel uneasy, because I felt this pulsating undercurrent of condescension, dismissal, and anger. I tried really hard to like her, but something about her always seemed "off" to me. (And it definitely didn't help when she concern-trolled my mom about my "outspoken" atheism, when I'd only brought up being an atheist twice in her presence, total.)

Edited by Troj
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Troj said:

Yup. It's a good rule of thumb to be at least a bit suspicious of someone who always has to make a big, loud production about being a certain way.

Interestingly, on the flip  side of that coin, friends of mine who are loud and outspoken about being a TOTAL ASSHOLE WHO HATES EVERYONE are secretly rather nice and easygoing, if you can demonstrate you're not a moron or a scam artist.

Your post definitely reminded me of the liberals who magically morph into NIMBY PTA president soccer moms, or even, straight-up freepers at the slightest suggestion that they'll have to share resources, space, time, or rights with someone who isn't "them." (Apparently the new term for these people is bro-gressive?)

You also reminded me of the liberals I've encountered who'll wax poetic tolerance, equality, and especially, gay rights, and but then happily go off on "furfags," invoking all of the standard homophobic and misogynistic tropes in the process. I'm apparently not the only person who's run into these types, either: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-631745.html

In a different vein, I am freaked out by people who project an easygoing and chillax aura, but are actually rigid, angry, resentful, insecure, and controlling under the skin, because their contradictory vibes and behavior always throw me for a loop.

Derek Savage seems to be a good mainstream example of someone who probably sees themselves as a chill bro, but who flips out when you cross him. I also had a teacher in middle school whom all the kids lauded as JUST THE COOLEST, but something about her always made me feel uneasy, because I felt this pulsating undercurrent of condescension, dismissal, and anger. I tried really hard to like her, but something about her always seemed "off" to me. (And it definitely didn't help when she concern-trolled my mom about my "outspoken" atheism, when I'd only brought up being an atheist twice in her presence, total.)

You so nailed it. I fall into the asshole category in case anyone didn't notice. Yeah, everyone thinks I'm full of crap and a total jerk until the see me do something helpful for a total stranger in danger. Also most people I know are they NIMBY types. The other fun one is to watch a lefty open a business and then suddenly they're saying all the things a conservative person says. You also gotta love people who are all about the gays but don't know anyone who is actually gay.