RANT: This fucking forum

Victor-933

My laptop isn't in a mobile state anymore so I'm using a tablet while on the move, and I'm finding that this forum is completely and utterly racist against Android.

Quotes and embedded videos are particularly bad. There is no concrete way to delete them. Sometimes backspacing will work, and sometimes they kist get glitched and then I can't even type anything else.

I can't refresh the page either because it INSISTS on autosaving everything and as far as I know there's no option to disable that. I literally can only post a blank quote and then immediately report my own post because FOR SOME REASON we can't be trusted with deleting our own shit.

There's too much automated bullshit in this forum.

57 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

Is it messed up that a part of me hoped that this rant was going to be another meltdown about how everybody in this community is a meanie or something? x3

IM OUT OF LIKES AGAINNNNN

btw mobile is fine and rather powerful once you get used to the intricacies of the thing. 

Or your browser might just SUCK ASS

17 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Try using a different browser. I'm sure you can find Chrome or FireFox for Android.

I am using Chrome. I also have Firefox for Android but it's terrible. Like, "Lex Luthor stealing 40 cakes" terrible.

48 minutes ago, Kosha said:

This should probably be in the Site Discussion.

Maybe, but I wanted to rant, not have a discussion.

1459204295949.jpg

And see this is the shit I'm talking about. Also double posting because it won't let me edit. It changes to the edit box but hitting submit does nothing.

I deleted that picture from my post. It even disappeared from the input box. Nope, just Phoenix being a lying little shit again.

• Like 1

My Acer tablet is working fairly well, just gotta know the work arounds for some things. Quotes can be removed if you select them directly by holding down on the correct part of them and using the "cut" tool. Embedding has worked fairly well, but different models and versions. Best of luck.

When you tap inside a quote box, a crosshair box will appear at its upper left corner.

crosshair-box.png

Tap that crosshair box, and the entire quote box will be selected.  You can cut, copy, paste, and delete the entire quote box just like any other selection, though you'll have to use the keyboard instead of the touch-hold feature of your browser to do it.

If you're on a computer with a pointing device (not a phone or tablet with only a touchscreen, in other words), then you can drag and drop quote boxes by using the crosshair box.  Mouse into or click inside the quote box to make it appear, then drag it.  When you drag, an insert line will appear between paragraphs and/or empty lines.

bar.png

Where-ever that line appears, the quote box will be removed and reinserted.  If you're trying to move it down, you have to drag the pointer below the quote box to get the line to move.

Edited by ArielMT
No, my other right.
  • Like 3